2009.12.18 Deputy Richard Cain Interview and more

Weird to me.......... :waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:Assign someone to GUARD Evidence... who
had already ... messed up E V I D E N C E ~ ~ ~
That sounds like a dumb move to me... for the LE to
place the RC guy to that position...
JMO
God Bless !
jjgram

Still Seeking ~JUSTICE~ for Little Angel C A Y L E E ~
Murdered at the young age of 2 years old - in JUNE 2008 !
Probably by her so called Mother = KC Anthony :liar:

I doubt that it will throw the case against KC. I don't see what this cop and his shabby work has to do with KC killing her child. At least he didn't send a PI to the woods looking for Caylee's lil body. Unless they can prove that he had anythang to do with the murder or "COVER UP" in this case. Am I missing something here? I just can't see.
QUOTE]

(Respectfully snipped for content)

I agree, Mama Bear. I'm also wondering if the intense focus by the defense on Cain's poor record on this could backfire on them.

Just think, Kronk said he saw the bag (or whatever) and Cain came out and did his poor job.

Baez & Co., by going after the "sloppy" work by LE in this particular situation bolsters the argument that the remains were there in August, hence not moved there AFTER Casey & Co. did their own little investigation in November.

To the part I bolded, YES it absolutely does.

I don't know where to put this question exactly b/c it's discussed on so many threads but I see people saying "if they convince 1 juror, KC walks free." I thought in the case of a hung jury, the prosecution can decide to re-try the case again. If this is the case, I would think they would want to. They have a LOT of evidence against KC and am guessing since the victim was a 3-year-old they would try everything they could to get her convicted, even if it means re-trying it.

I don't know where to put this question exactly b/c it's discussed on so many threads but I see people saying "if they convince 1 juror, KC walks free." I thought in the case of a hung jury, the prosecution can decide to re-try the case again. If this is the case, I would think they would want to. They have a LOT of evidence against KC and am guessing since the victim was a 3-year-old they would try everything they could to get her convicted, even if it means re-trying it.

Of course, you're right. Justice may be delayed, but not necessarily denied.

I get that LE was swamped with people calling to report their dreams, visions and theories. I am sure as soon as KW said the word "psychic" that Cain tuned out.

HOWEVER, even the size 6 Disney dress featured on Nancy Grace got sent in for testing. So did numerous items found by searchers. Unfortunately, it seems Cain was afraid of looking paranoid and unmanly by calling out other cops to collect evidence found because of somebody's mother's vision. We will never know whether or not there was evidence that would have led to the area being declared a crime scene months ago.

I think Cain was negligent. I don't think his motives were nefarious.

However, since KW shared the news of his find, the bag disappearing, to me, looks like there is a possibility that someone purposefully removed evidence that might have led to Caylee being found months earlier.

To me, that points toward the possibility of individuals trying to protect Casey because they know she's guilty and that a dead Caylee might prove it. And nothing else.

IMO

I am wondering if that bag was what Casey (PI) was looking for and it makes you wonder if he did away with it. Cindy KNEW the minute she saw that stuff that it was Caylee's and she HID it from LE. She should be charge with that if nothing else.

No one is going to walk free on this one~

No one is going to walk free on this one~

So true.

IMO, any disagreement would be more about Casey's degree of guilt rather than guilty or innocent.

At the very, very, very best Casey committed negligent homicide (if Caylee got into the pool while Casey irresponsibly wasn't watching), lied to police, improperly disposed of a body and forged checks.

Cain may not be a model cop. But, that doesn't change any basic fact of the case.

We had a lot of talk months ago, when Casey was indicted, about the degrees of "proof" and evidence needed to secure the indictment for murder. This discussion was partly triggered by the experts who were proclaiming that it wasn't that telling or meaningful, because any Prosecution could indict a ham sandwich, if they wanted to.

That said, once the ham is indicted, I am not convinced that Baez knows how to effectively "grill it."
Yes, news has been reporting that Baez "grilled" the deputy.
Do we really know he hammered the guy, got stunning revelations, and plugged in his highly developed and skillful grilling & questioning techniques, or are we guessing?
Not being sarcastic. Really do not know if we know what went on.. And I have already admitted to being a picky :grandma: old lady:wink:

Humble-Opinion:wolf:
:rant:

LOL I will have to try and put something like that there. Don't know how to move around this puter much.

Do ya'll member when OJ was running from the cops on the freeway and there were millions of peeps running out with signs saying thangs like, "RUN OJ". I just couldn't believe that. Well, KC didn't have anybody running to the freeway with signs. Member the protesters? To me----OJ whole thang was a joke where as there is no a "joke" where KC is concerned. If she gets out---there will be a mob affect----no "cheers" for KC.

MAMABEAR, I agree with everything you're saying here- you're hitting the nail on the head. The OJ trial is very different than this situation.

The OJ case was already "racially tinged" - it took place only 3 years after the Rodney King incident and the race riots in LA. It was tense from the beginning because it was a very successful african american man accused of killing a white woman. No one wanted to think that OJ - this star football player - killed his wife. People were saying he was guilty or innocent before they knew what happened just because of his race. Then add in a racist cop and the racist stereotype of the LAPD, and you do have "reasonable doubt."

Here, the "lazy cop" doesn't have the same weight. If anything, once its shown that KC slept with AR, the immediate "bias" is that LE would be associated with the defense! KCs lover was investigating her case? Etc etc

Question for you guys- I'm sure its been talked about before, but I don't want to dig thru hundreds of pages.

If the body was put there in July, would it really be a "skull" by August? Does decomp work that fast? (I'm not looking for links, just your opinion or what you remember)

Also, do you really think Cain's not following up on this could hurt the prosecution that much? Once the SA shows the amount of tips, and how thoroughly they were followed up - and how little KC helped - don't you think the SA can say the importance of this ONE tip is only known in hindsight? I mean any of the thousands could have been important - and if KC is taking LE on a wild goose chase...? I know it will plant some doubt in the jury's mind, but personally I think the SA can "rehabilitate" that doubt by just showing the sheer work of LE - with KC sending them to "New York, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, etc." JMO

Yes, a body would completely skeletonize if left to the elements from June 15-16 to August 13. We have discussed this issue a lot here. Two months in the heat, the bags being compromised by roots and animals and the water intrusion would turn the body into articulated bones.

Question for you guys- I'm sure its been talked about before, but I don't want to dig thru hundreds of pages.

If the body was put there in July, would it really be a "skull" by August? Does decomp work that fast? (I'm not looking for links, just your opinion or what you remember)

Also, do you really think Cain's not following up on this could hurt the prosecution that much? Once the SA shows the amount of tips, and how thoroughly they were followed up - and how little KC helped - don't you think the SA can say the importance of this ONE tip is only known in hindsight? I mean any of the thousands could have been important - and if KC is taking LE on a wild goose chase...? I know it will plant some doubt in the jury's mind, but personally I think the SA can "rehabilitate" that doubt by just showing the sheer work of LE - with KC sending them to "New York, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, etc." JMO

He hurt the prosecution in that he cost them valuable forensic evidence. But as far as his testimony? I just can't see it. yeah a cop screwed up. He failed to see something, or investigate something thoroughly enough. he was a beat cop without a key role in the investigation. What he missed was subsequently found. His actions are being investigated and he is being disciplined. I am not seeing any possible exculpatory value in anything he could possibly say?

As others have said, his changing testimony about what he saw that initial day if anything hurts the defense as it reinforces the prosecutions timeline.

At this point whether LE made mistakes chasing down leads is almost irrelevant. The body was found. The child was deseased at the time they were searching.

OK-------I understand all this better now. I just don't understand how JB can swing this for any huge benefit. Just one more thang for the poor slob to throw on the wall---hoping something will stick. He will be standing in the middle of the room praying nun of the stuff on the wall falls on him. To me he better come up with something a wee bit stronger than a cop being to lazy or whatever. I think he would do better finding somebody to throw under the bus. I could give him 3 peeps to start on.

They are hoping this cop will stick to his guns and say he did a thorough search and found NOTHING. They'll add that to the PIs, who they will also grill, in the hopes of similar testimony. They want someone to testify that the remains were NOT AT THAT LOCATION from the beginning and that the remains were moved while KC was behind bars. Don't think that's gonna fly, but the boy is trying.....

You are right...in the case of a hung jury the State has the option to retry the case. If that happened here I'm sure they would too.

However, if one juror has reasonable doubt AND can convince the other jurors then KC will walk.

I was one of the posters who mentioned that she could "walk" but I wasn't referring so much to the fact that she would go free. I was thinking more along the lines of her being convicted of a lesser charge rather than murder one. And if that happened she would eventually walk free.

I want to see her locked up forever. No parole...ever. And I'm sure most everyone else does too. Tossing out testimony or evidence could get her a lighter sentence...imo

I was just looking back at old records. The date that Kio told LE (in her first statement, in detail) that Casey A had called her was June 9th, asking for money to get away from an abusive boyfriend, and that she heard a little child that she thought was Caylee in the background. Later Kio retracted this statement and said that it wasn't Casey A it was a different Casey (Casey W ) who had called her. (When LE asked how they could get in touch with that Casey, Kio said she'd been trying her number but now gets no answer. When LE asked what car Casey W drives, Kio said she doesn't drive she takes the bus everywhere. When LE asked where Casey W lives, Kio said she moved away, maybe to Alabama or someplace.)
If this Keith W who was in and out of the woods around the remains site prior to the remains being found (with a shovel no less) is the same Keith W by any chance who is listed with a household member named Casey M. W, that is interesting. Also, one of the Keith W's (maybe the same one, maybe different one, hard to know for sure with whitepage records, #42 at above link) also has a household member named Torion. That's the same name as the singer that KCA was emailing friends about on June 9th that Tony's group were promoting. Weird.

I don't know if there are any connections, just something better sleuths than I am might be able to find out, so throwing it out here FWIW. :)

I want to know why LE is not questioning this kw. He took the clothes to Cindy and took back to site. Le should be question this guy.

I want to know why LE is not questioning this kw. He took the clothes to Cindy and took back to site. Le should be question this guy.
(bold above by me)

Huh???

Where did you find this tidbit. That's the first I've heard it mentioned.

Also, I thought LE did question the guy. Didn't they do that when they issued the trespass warning? He explained to them that he was there looking for Caylee. That's what started all the fuss in the first place.

Everything is the same, the eyes, nose, and lips. This is a very specific look that I have not seen before until now. does anyone have a picture of the suspect that was arrested?

I'm not familar with where this composite came from. What case are we talking about an arrest being made? I must be missing something here. TIA

(bold above by me)

Huh???

Where did you find this tidbit. That's the first I've heard it mentioned.

Also, I thought LE did question the guy. Didn't they do that when they issued the trespass warning? He explained to them that he was there looking for Caylee. That's what started all the fuss in the first place.

I believe that may have come from an interview Blink had with KW, and is posted on Blink's website.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back