2010.03.18 KC's indigency hearing #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received the accounting documents from my children's trust. Included in them was the lawyers accounting for every minute he worked on their cases over the last year. EVERY minute he billed for and why it was billed. Also the bank accounts and details of ALL the withdrawals. Even 72 cents was detailed. The law in NY says all trusts must have every penny spent or added to, detailed in a yearly report and provided to the client and or the court if requested. Maybe, FL law is much different, but I am thinking anyone in control of a trust would have the same basic rules

Will we get to know if Baez turns in the "check register" today?

What happens if he doesn't?

I have a funny feeling it's not going to happen.:waitasec:

I have read different things about when he has to give them to the judge. Some are saying they are included in the 15 days he ask for. Others are saying they need to be in today; I thought the 15 days was JUST for the letters. He has 15 days decided if he wants to file a motion on them.

I have a question. Will, JB have to give the name of the bank and the account numbers? I know he doesn't have to give the names of the people, but they can be blacked out. He must have bank statements if there is a trust. Wouldn't he?

this whole "accounting" thing has my head spinning

Quoting notthatsmart from thread no. 1 of this same title:

Is it not illegal for officers to pass notes to inmates? Maybe I am mistaken. But if it is illegal, then none of this should come into court. Besides, they already admitted that the notes contained no confession. Jb has had them since Tuesday, he does not look worried one bit about them. The defense showed up in full force today. Those notes are just another distraction from the case. The Sa is grasping at straws. They need to release some discovery that shows what they have is credible. I hope something comes out next week.MOO

If the defense was not worried about them they would not have asked for 15 days instead of five. And although the letters were not a confession they did contain "information" and much evidence is BASED on "information" so that makes these fifty or so notes exchanged between Casey and her jail buddies PART of the truth. They exist. She wrote them without her attorneys knowledge. AND the reason that they were released to the defense is because the thirty days that they state had asked for had come and gone and they were done with their investigation and so turned them over as discovery. Baez is PLENTY worried about them. And if they are a "distraction" then that came from their own side didn't it? She wrote them.

And the defense showed up in full force today because it was time to explain where the money came from and where the money went. They showed for themselves not for their vermin of a client. The state is hardly "grasping at straws" they are doing what LE does-a thorough investigation into the truth. They did release the discovery, to Baez. When a Media outlet makes a Sunshine Request they will release it to the public. They don't release info until it is asked for, publicly that is...

Baez perjured himself in court today. He said it was a deal HIS CLIENT made...when in fact, he acted as her agent with ABC and did the deal on her and some others behalves...probably G & C.

He has almost hit rock bottom and he doesn't even know it.

How would we know if Baez is worried or not??

Whats funny about the letters is he should be able to just ask Casey whats in them, apparently he does not feel he would learn much from her or that it would be credible. IMO

I don't think we are allowed to provide a link to the site but there is a terrific article regarding the illegality of Macaluso contributing money to the defense of his own client today.

Tks. I always wondered why Lenamon(spelling?/excellent lawyer BTW IMO) )left the defence team so rapidly. Maybe he did not wanna play ball and refused to fork over 70 grand. All speculation of course.
The state has to get rid of JB. The signs are already on the walls that JB did not have the best interest at heart for his client. He appears to be just interested in lining his pockets, past, present and future. With very creative accounting on the side.

All my family took out of this hearing was another feather for KCs guilt hat. If you put yourself in this timeframe, this money was received when the "loving mother" was claiming her child was kidnapped. If JB was handling it, wouldn't it have been more ethical to say, "hey, let's use this money to get your kid back." Instead you use it for your defense? Just showed us another big sign of guilt.

Yep, you summed it up very succinctly. Does anybody remember on what date that ABC deal was brokered. Pretty sure it was before Caylee was found.
Also wonder if in the more detailed accounting of the spent monies, any expenditures will be disclosed in tracking down Caylee sightings.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22891038/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A judge ruled Friday that Casey Anthony is indigent. This means that taxpayers will front the cost for some of her defense on the first-degree murder charge she's facing.

“The Court has made a thorough review of all items submitted including the cost ledger of Defense Counsel and is satisfied that the Defendant has met all of the Statutory standards,” Judge Stan Strickland wrote in the order issued late Friday.

While this means things like paper work, experts and interviews could be paid by tax dollars, the cost of her lawyers is not covered. At this point, her defense team appears to be working free of charge.

While some may balk at this ruling.....I am comforted by the fact that expenses will be closely monitored.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98255"]Indigent Status Granted 03.19.10 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab