2010.03.30 Divers search St. Johns-LE seeks evidence for Volusia County investigation

I still don't see the family or anyone close to Haleigh disposing of her this way. When I say close, I mean someone who loved her. So could Misty do this? Yes, if she had the means to do it. Could someone she asked to get rid of a body, yes, as long as they were detached. I know I will get feedback on this, it is JMO.

One big reason I wouldn't think of the Croslins for this particular scenario is because they weren't originally from that part of the country and most likely wouldn't have thought to do that first. Weighting the body with bricks? Maybe. But stuffing it in a crab trap? Most likely not. That would probably be the idea of someone local to the area or someone who went crabbing a lot. I lived in south AL most of my life and went crabbing a lot and this still wouldn't enter my mind as a way to dispose of a body.

I'm with Dr Fessel on this one- I don't think they're looking for a body. Maybe some evidence tossed over the side.

I don't think they are looking for a body, I feel they are looking for something that backs up one of the players stories of something that happened around the time Haleigh went missing.

I have to say I am thinking the same thing. The River is deep and huge; they searched it in the beginning with sonar so if she were in a something like this cage, I think they would have found her early one. I think they are looking for a gun or something that backs up one of their stories as you say.

I have to say I am thinking the same thing. The River is deep and huge; they searched it in the beginning with sonar so if she were in a something like this cage, I think they would have found her early one. I think they are looking for a gun or something that backs up one of their stories as you say.

Thank you Bern. I was wondering if they had searched this river before in regards to Haleigh.

Thank you Bern. I was wondering if they had searched this river before in regards to Haleigh.

Actually it was in that video we can't find again. Captain Greenwood, talks about the different searches they did, one was the river with sonar. I know I have said this before, but if they knew who took her, they could figure out where she was. A family member would be respectful of a child's remains. They would want them close or even on the property or in a cemetery even if it had no head stone. A person who didn't care, wouldn't have put any effort into hiding her, she would have been found, discarded and they would still have the same story. That is just what I think, no reason other than that.

O/T 6.9 earthquake centered in Mexicali, California

The only way I can see Haleigh's body in the river would be if it was put there by someone other than RC, TN or AS. I still believe that all three were involved in the cover up and/or demise of Haleigh but I agree with Bern, I just can't see any of the three throwing her in the river,especially in a crab trap, knowing what would happen to her body. Regardless of their actions both before and after Haleigh's disappearance, I truly feel that they loved Haleigh and would be respectful of her remains.

I still hope they have checked near Great Grandpa Kirby's final resting place.

I posted months ago about a case of a step dad who killed the kids while the wife was at work. It took about 9 months but the kids were found by a cemetery where her mother was buried. They were just under some brush, but he wasn't talking, they knew he did it, but they had to find the bodies. Someone at the cemetery found them. I can't remember the kids names, anymore. Sorry.

Has there been any information on the StJohns river search?

I know GrandmaJ said that she heard on the scanner, I think, that LE would continue their search on Monday.

Could it be that they are looking for something associated with Haleigh, rather than Haleigh herself. For some reason, I keep thinking about the missing ventilator "breathing machine". How big are those things anyway - I don't know what they look like.

It may have got contaminated (during resucitation attempts) and discarded by tossing it into the river.

I'm probably way off base here, but just thought I would mention it, just in case ...

if they are looking for a body in a container and it is haleigh that they are looking for then it should be noted that someone her size could be "folded" into a box as small as 18 inches by 15 inches if not smaller... she is small and my friends daughter is her size she easily squishes into my ottoman all the time when playing hide and seek...
sorry for the mental image

Has there been any information on the StJohns river search?

I know GrandmaJ said that she heard on the scanner, I think, that LE would continue their search on Monday.

We did hear that they would be back on Monday however that didn't happen. Some listened to St. John's scanner also to see if there was any chatter there and didn't hear a peep. :(

We did hear that they would be back on Monday however that didn't happen. Some listened to St. John's scanner also to see if there was any chatter there and didn't hear a peep. :(

That is weird, maybe they decided they didn't need to find that 2 year old murder weapon after all.

Has the weather been good for dive searches in Florida?

no clue what to make of this but i have some ideas... either they were looking for something large enough to know it was not there so they didn't come back... they found what they were looking for and are keeping it under wraps or and quite possibly true another theory... when police and firemen need updated equipment or more funding for departments they go on missions to prove their worth... have there been any water search cutbacks or any police cutbacks in general? may have been just an unnecessary search to make themselves seem more necessary i can't imagine what would have been in the river in the same proximity 2 years later... if it was something it must have been something pretty large...
do we even know for a fact that they didn't go back?

That is weird, maybe they decided they didn't need to find that 2 year old murder weapon after all.

Has the weather been good for dive searches in Florida?

My understanding is the weather has been good.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back