2010.04.14 - LE looking for 1990 Grey Van

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We have new information just in. Published reports are saying that the residents are only being let into this area near the river by showing proof of identification that they live there. And one resident said officers were seeking information on a 1990s model Chrysler van.

What do you make of it, Mike Brooks?

BROOKS: Well, that means that they have some additional information. You know, I`m trying to think back. I`m going to have to go back to some of my notes Jane, because I remember a vehicle back right after this story originally broke, but I can`t remember exactly what the description of that vehicle was.

So, who did it belong to? We don`t know. That`s going to be some crucial information in this case. If they`re asking people, "Hey, did you see a vehicle of this description in your neighborhood between a certain time and a certain time," that`s going to narrow down the time line. And maybe, just maybe, kind of put the pieces of this puzzle together a little bit more.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, Pat Brown, according to these published reports they`re saying a woman who did not want to be named says she lives in the area for about two years. And officers are going door to door, getting residents` names and asking if they have seen a newer model gray van in connection with the Haleigh Cummings case.

BROWN: I think they`re really going to need the specific kind of information. One is they`re going to need to know what brought the body of the child to that location so that they can link it back to somebody. They`re going to need -- they`ll find the body maybe in a bag or a box, or whatever is connected to that body, what exactly that information could link back to, who it could link back to. Looking at how she died, what that could link back to.

JAYNE WEINTRAUB, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: It sounds like to me that`s why the body was recently or just put in the river, that`s why they`re going to search all night because this might very well (INAUDIBLE) homicide scene. They would not search all night at a river for something that`s been in the river for a year because they wouldn`t make any ground in one night. They would have let it go to the next day.

However, if this van just came into the picture and just dumped the body, then they very well could still get a lot of clues if it`s only been a few hours.
http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/13/ijvm.01.html

Geeze Jane, which is it? 1990 model or newer model?

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/13/ijvm.01.html

(snips)
VELEZ-MITCHELL: We have new information just in. Published reports are saying that the residents are only being let into this area near the river by showing proof of identification that they live there. And one resident said officers were seeking information on a 1990s model Chrysler van.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, Pat Brown, according to these published reports they`re saying a woman who did not want to be named says she lives in the area for about two years. And officers are going door to door, getting residents` names and asking if they have seen a newer model gray van in connection with the Haleigh Cummings case.

I think maybe, if you take the spin out, LE was simply asking the neighbors if they remembered seeing the Croslin van around at the time.

We have no description of "the van that they took" with Misty's blanket in it. We have tons of speculation, but we have no description, not even who "they" are.

I didn't not hear that they were specifically looking for a 1990 gray van.

JVM or NGs changed it to a 1990 gray van in her show last night. I thought it was reported that they were asking about a gray van that was made in the 90s and not 1990 specifically.

I think probably everyone of those people in that area will remember back to the day that Haleigh went missing and may can recall if they saw a van down by the river close to these docks at that time. I do not think they are wanting to know about a recent sighting of the van but one that may have been seen in the area around the time she was taken.

imo

Yes, I agree. Someone may have seen a blue van around the time a witness said they saw MC carrying a black bag in that area within 3 days after Haleigh disappeared, but in the dark, especially to an older person, it may have appeared to be silver or gray.

The van they (Putman County Sheriff's Office) took.

The Croslin Van

Yes, I'm aware that LE took the Croslin van. I'm simply not convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that Misty's utterance of "My blanket was in the van that they took" meant this particular van you're pointing out.

Good grief... it would really help if the media would lean towards accuracy once in awhile, rather than being than being the first to scoop information!

I haven't heard about a gray van..........but speculating here.......it could be "the van that they took" that had Misty's blanket in it.

debs, that statement by mc has always struck me as important. we have never got any real answer about what van she meant or who took it. there is speculation that she meant the "family" van that it seems everybody drove, but nothing concrete on that. im very curious about this van LE was alleged to be looking for....hmmmmmm

JMO the van is not for the HaLeigh case.... I think they was asking people about the van while they was also looking for HaLeigh case. The van was in a hit and run that has nothing to do with HaLeigh.

We have no description of "the van that they took" with Misty's blanket in it. We have tons of speculation, but we have no description, not even who "they" are.

Some Links below do not work anymore for some reason, but these are the articles as written regarding the van.
Reported by: Matt Saffer
Email: msaffer@tvjaxfl.com
Last Update: 3/04 10:10 pm

SATSUMA, Fla. -- Last person to see her is speaking out about who they believe may have something to do with Haleigh’s disappearance.

“If my family there’s watching it I don’t care…I think that he needs to be brought here and questioned and interrogated by cops he don’t know,” said Lisa Croslin.

Croslin is talking about her nephew. The 19-year-old was in town a few weeks before Haleigh’s disappearance. She says before Haleigh was taken, her nephew got in a fight with Haleigh’s father, Ronald.

“What happened is he had stolen Ronald’s gun…and one morning on the porch he said Ronald would get what’s coming to him…then it was dropped, and he left," said Lisa Croslin.

Croslin says her nephew left the day Haleigh was abducted. She also tells us a light blue van her nephew might have drove was confiscated and analyzed by police. Croslin’s husband Hank says a mysterious gash appeared on the side of the van the night Haleigh disappeared.

Croslins say they’re positive their daughter had nothing to do with Haleigh’s disappearance. They also say they’re putting their faith in the police to investigate everyone including their own family.

http://www.cbs47.com/content/topsto...-Haleigh-Cummings/SKWv4u_xyUSGnQiDvzkemQ.cspx

family. http://www.fox30online.com/mostpopul...QiDvzkemQ.cspx

Search For Haleigh-"Croslin Family Speaks Out": VIDEO
http://www.fox30online.com/mediacent...com&navCatId=5

Search For Haleigh-"Holding On To Hope": VIDEO
http://www.fox30online.com/mediacent...com&navCatId=5

Search For Haleigh-"Fight Hope"VIDEOhttp://www.fox30online.com/mediacent...com&navCatId=5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc61AO1APc4&feature=player_embedded

I'm not doubting that the van the Croslin family used collectively was confiscated by LE and a thorough search done on it.

I maintain that Misty and anyone associated with Misty has never clarified which van SHE was speaking of, WHO it was that took that same said van, and WHY her blanket was in it when "they" took it.

Just because there is plenty of information on the Croslin van doesn't mean diddly to my wonder of Misty's statement.

I found the link.

snipped from the article:

A resident on Shell Harbour Road, off County Road 309, south of the girl's Satsuma home, said officers had been searching in the area since overnight. The woman, who did not want to be named but said she has lived in the area about two years, said officers have gone door-to-door in the neighborhood, getting residents' names and asking if they have seen a newer model, gray van in the area.

"There must 25 vans and trucks," the woman said, describing the scene...

Another resident said officers were seeking information on a 1990s model Chrysler van.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100413/ARTICLES/100419911/1402/NEWS?p=2&tc=pg&tc=ar

From this I believe LE knows of someone's involvement or possible involvement and that they drive a newer 90's model gray van. From this I don't take it that they mean a year ago. I'm of the belief they mean recently.

Yes there was a hit and run with a gray van on Church Street on Monday night but they got the woman she is well known to LE and they knew where she lived and where the van was. I'm of the belief this is something else. Like relating to one of the friends of the players.

From this I believe LE knows of someone's involvement or possible involvement and that they drive a newer 90's model gray van. From this I don't take it that they mean a year ago. I'm of the belief they mean recently.

Yes there was a hit and run with a gray van on Church Street on Monday night but they got the woman she is well known to LE and they knew where she lived and where the van was. I'm of the belief this is something else. Like relating to one of the friends of the players.

Absolutely Grandma. I think this more recent not about a van seen in the area a year ago. JMO

This van must have been in the area OFTEN to seem odd to the residents of this area. I thought that maybe someone on the outside (one of the family members) knows the importance of this spot and probably visited it often. Maybe it was a memorial spot. Like I said before the main players in this case like Ron, Misty, Tommy, Timmy, and Jo are either locked up or out of state. So it has to be someone left on the outside that knows more about this spot. Wonder who that is?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back