2010.04.19 Judge Strickland IS stepping down

Status
Not open for further replies.
There just comes a point when you cross over from....."publicly commenting in your own defense" into "let's maximize exposure and attempt to use it as a catalyst for personal gain".

I have never had anything "bad" to say about a certain blogger. I have opined that it was time to just stop talking. That opinion was assuming that his priority was maintaining fair and ethical blogging about a particular topic.

HOWEVER......in light of the events of late, and the continual and escalating comments, coverage and discussion about ones "role" in this case posted on ones blog, it completely negates any appearance of "writing a fair blog". Instead it reads as an infomercial for self promotion.

There is nothing wrong with self promotion and I find no fault with a "blogger" self promoting.....and let's be honest.....isn't that what blogs are for??? But I do find it repugnant that while one side of the keyboard is claiming fair and unbiased "reporting" that the other side is STILL name / network dropping, promising new "slanting" and vowing retaliation (as much as a blogger could even attempt to exact retaliation) against those who crossed him.

What happens when the mantra of "out wit, out play, and out last" comes full circle? Best ask Richard Hatch how that worked out for him.

"Fame" is but a fleeting moment. Best not be be a "fall guy" for anyone else. TV interviews and quotes may offer PR....but soon enough that too will fade and you can't blog back a reputation. My free advice with no malice intended.

I purposely put this up to arouse the twits, and I seem to still hold that power over them. They are squawking like mindless chickens over at the BS site. I love it! It’s got to sound like a huge hen house over there. I’ll tell you, it doesn’t take much to upset their pea-sized brains.

and

I just got another one of those Top Post ping backs from WordPress. The Here’s to Aristarchy post came in at 71 out of the millions of blogs out there. LOL.

Folks....I rest my case.

I purposely put this up to arouse the twits, and I seem to still hold that power over them. They are squawking like mindless chickens over at the BS site. I love it! It’s got to sound like a huge hen house over there. I’ll tell you, it doesn’t take much to upset their pea-sized brains.

and

I just got another one of those Top Post ping backs from WordPress. The Here’s to Aristarchy post came in at 71 out of the millions of blogs out there. LOL.

Folks....I rest my case.

Might be time to put MD on ignore. He'd LOVE that. Not.

An aside........if you are going to carry over one's content elsewhere .......first ask.....then give credit. It's not nice to pilfer and post. Especially when the context is not retained. I have standards folks.

and

Folks....I rest my case.

IWILLNOTRESPOND - IWILLNOTRESPOND - IWILLNOTRESPOND - I know better than to respond - I know better than to respond - If I respond I will get a TO for sure - a TO for sure. :furious::furious::furious:

I visited that guy's blog at the time the motion was filed but haven't been back since. He seemed almost hysterical, talking as if he somehow was gonna make or break the case and carrying on like the sky was falling.

I hoped he would step back and realize that this is in no way about him whatsoever -- he could've been anyone. It is about the judge, the defense and the trial. Nobody considers him a "player" in the case.

He is such a minuscule, minor aside, yet he seemed to think the whole world was watching. He sounded like a drama king, and I really didn't appreciate the disservice he was continuing to do the judge by stirring the pot, so I never visited again.

Dude obviously doesn't subscribe to the "discretion is the better part of valor" manner of comporting himself. Sleuther, you gave some very sage advice...but I am pretty sure it will fall on deaf ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa