2010.04.20 - Funeral plans?

Don't you think the search ended way to quickly for them to have found a couple of bones and sent them out for DNA testing? In Caylee's case they were out there forever sifting through an acre of soil. Why in Haleigh's case would they find enough for DNA testing and then call it a day? This case and the reporting on it is the most confusing load of ___________ I have ever seen.

And poor Crystal, if she is planning her funeral how heartbreaking.
And if she isn't and is just reading in the paper that she is, how heartbreaking.

Maybe they know they really won't really find much else of her. Plus, Caylee was on land...a lot easier to find stuff and sift thru, rather than in the murky, dark, dirty water. Like Laci Peterson...they never went and tried to find anything else of her (to my knowledge) other than the torso that washed up.
Such a sad case....

If they called in the family for a talk (LE), and it was after the river search...likely they DID find something to identify Haleigh during the search, IMO. Also, it was after the search at the presser that Sherrif Hardy stated he felt comfortable enough to call it a "homicide". It appeared in the video, he was close to tears and getting choked up, so....I'm sure they know info. we don't yet and are keeping it until a formal arrest is made, again imo.
I pray for Gods' comfort & peace to surround all those who loved Haleigh and help them through this trial.

This has to be the most frustrating case to follow... Every detail has to be scrutinized under a microscope and I believe because sooooo many of the 'players' are compulsive liars, (and/or covering for one another).

From day 1, every bit of info has to be dissected for authenticity and here we are, over 1 year later, still dissecting each tidbit of info.

FRUSTRATING!
(JMO)

Praying for JUSTICE for little Haleigh

Agreed. BUT - at least there WILL be justice and an end to this case. Rather than not ever knowing. IMO - if Misti & Ron hadn't been caught in that drug bust, I dont think this case would ever have been solved.
At least we have some little piece of hope...knowing that more than likely Haleigh will get justice.

If there is a body or remains of any sort, I think it is highly unlikely they/it has been positively identified as Haleigh. There would only be skeletal remains likely after all this time and DNA analysis takes time despite what we all see on CSI and Law and Order.

So if LE found anything like remains, it is a good bet they are Haleighs but cannot be publicy identified as hers by LE until properly identified as such. That may explain why family was pulled in and told "homicide" but we the public have been told "no body" - thus allowing LE to keep cards close to vests while dealing with suspects prior to actual confirmation of identity. If family was indeed told of remains, it may have been stressed to them not to discuss matter with anyone while LE builds a case. Another reason LE may not want family OR public to know if there are remains - Some of the family members may be suspect, some of the family members may take law into own hands and seek rough justice.

I am on pins and needles to see how this all plays out and finally have a LE confirmed suspect to direct all this helpless anger towards. I want a face for the monster.

IMO, LE didn't tell anyone to start planning a funeral or memorial. I think all they did was inform the family that this case is now a homicide investigation and explain why.

If they called in the family for a talk (LE), and it was after the river search...likely they DID find something to identify Haleigh during the search, IMO. Also, it was after the search at the presser that Sherrif Hardy stated he felt comfortable enough to call it a "homicide". It appeared in the video, he was close to tears and getting choked up, so....I'm sure they know info. we don't yet and are keeping it until a formal arrest is made, again imo.
I pray for Gods' comfort & peace to surround all those who loved Haleigh and help them through this trial.

I thought they talked to the family before the search? I'm so confused!

IMO, LE didn't tell anyone to start planning a funeral or memorial. I think all they did was inform the family that this case is now a homicide investigation and explain why.

That might be but why did it take an hour and a half to do that?

Slightly off topic, but it will be more than a little ironic if RC is one of the ones charged and if the drug bust led to it...that if he had kept his nose clean, it might have stayed unsolved...
But ON topic, I am starting to believe they found something when they first went there before the media even knew, and just looked for 3 more days to try to add to their findings...but already had found enough to tell family she was dead...

It sounds to me like they found lots of bone-like material on the scene. They have already confirmed to AH alligator and deer bones. Now they have to test the rest.

I wonder how long they were searching there. Then once it was leaked the press was all over it. I do think they have found something just by Sheriff Hardys eyes that day at the Press conference, he looked awfully sad like he was crying.

I believe it was reported ( by AH) that Crystal made the comment coming out from the meeting with the police that Joe had killed her baby.

From that it makes me think the authorities simply relayed the information MC and TC had said and based what they told the family on that. Why else would CS think JO had killed Haleigh?

And I also believe that prior to that meeting trips had been made to the boat launch. I can't imagine the LE calling the family together based completely on what MC or TC told them. I think they had to have facts to back it up. JMO

AH said Crystal said that to a friend. Where is the sound bite? Who was the friend? Pardon me while I take with a sea of salt what he puts out there.

AH said Crystal said that to a friend. Where is the sound bite? Who was the friend? Pardon me while I take with a sea of salt what he puts out there.

I totally agree with you, but why do some people believe some things AH says and not believe other things? JA

nail
head

debs, ITA

I totally agree with you, but why do some people believe some things AH says and not believe other things? JA

Because when he's believable, he has clips, or quotes directly, it can be verified through other, independent reports, etc etc etc.

didn't AH say that she was over heard talking on her phone to a friend, or did I dream that??? The clips that I saw of her leaving LE that day, she was being consoled by MG...I did not see a phone stuck on her ear.....I could be way off here, but I think I heard him say something about a phone, no?? anyone?

It sounds to me like they found lots of bone-like material on the scene. They have already confirmed to AH alligator and deer bones. Now they have to test the rest.

I do not think the information about planning for a funeral is false. It was Hardy himself that gathered all of Haleigh's family members together for the first time in a long 14 month period. Some of the family members when they came out of the meeting were highly upset....some others seemed very pensive, extremely serious and stunned.

There is no way in the world that Hardy would break this tragic news to all of Haleigh's families if he did not know that a funeral service should be planned. He seems like a strong police officer but one with great compassion too.

The truth is we do not have a clue to what Hardy knows or what he has to make him hold this meeting, but he DOES know, and I have no doubt he discussed with the family why LE is now calling Haleigh deceased and why they should start planning for her funeral.

Like it or not Ron's wishes will have to be considered when making the funeral arrangements. At the time of Haleigh's disappearance Ron was the custodial parent and that court order has never been rescinded. Even after Haleigh went missing Ron remained custodial parent of Jr. Crystal only has temporary custody of Jr now because Ron is in jail. That too has not been finalized as far as I know.

So the police aren't going to tell this grieving family something as serious as this without having evidence to back it up.

IMO

LE could clear this up in a nanosecond. Wonder why they won't?

LE could clear this up in a nanosecond. Wonder why they won't?

Because they are trying to protect the integrity of their case. It serves no purpose or justice for Haleigh for this to be known in the public. LE knows justice will only come for Haleigh if these things are presented in the criminal trial (s).

Once the POIs are arrested and charged then we will begin to see certain documents trickle out like in the Anthony case.

I appreciate how they are keeping all the evidence they have close to their vests.

imo

I believe it was reported ( by AH) that Crystal made the comment coming out from the meeting with the police that Joe had killed her baby.

From that it makes me think the authorities simply relayed the information MC and TC had said and based what they told the family on that. Why else would CS think JO had killed Haleigh?

And I also believe that prior to that meeting trips had been made to the boat launch. I can't imagine the LE calling the family together based completely on what MC or TC told them. I think they had to have facts to back it up. JMO

BBM. That info came from AH via someone who supposedly overheard Crystal talking on the phone. FWIW, not something I would take as fact.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back