2010.04.21 - PCSO asks Bloggers and TV Personalities to back off....

IMO what pizzed off LE was NG and AH talking about the "trickery" used on MC by showing her "bones". I don't believe they (LE) actually said anything to MC about any bones - they (LE) just had the bones laid out on that table and walked MC by them - if she looked, she looked.

Nope it was the trickery and the "talking about the trickery" that got LE's dander up. Now, if they want to try "another trick" MC will be cautious about her actions and response - is this yet another trick?
I don't think it was any accident that Misty saw those bones. I would say they were strategically laid out for her to see. If she asked questions they might very well have given her answers without stating that the bones were Haleigh's or thought to be Haleigh's, but just enough information to get her thinking before she got in the van with Tommy.

AH should've kept this one under his hat or at least restricted it to his blog. He tried to emphasize "bones", not necessarily Haleigh's, "purported" to be human. As usual, NG ran with his statement and milked it dry for sensationalist value.

I agree with everyone about NG and AH. I also wonder if it is because this is the first time Ron has been publicly pointed at in this case.

I'm not surprised by the plea from LE.
I think we can lay a lot of the misinformation at the feet of Art Harris. However those who watched the Tuesday night Nancy Grace show saw how these rumors can find life. Harris announces Misty shown bones, Grace jumps in and claims those were Haleigh's bones. She ran with it throughout the show.
The rumor about the light blue cooler found in the river also began on Nancy's show along with the idea Misty was pointing out a location on the river while she stood on the dock. There was no verification on that report. Misty could have been pointing out her favorite bird for all we knew.
This is not to blast Nancy Grace's show, but to point out rumors in the making.
Also, we have Ron's lawyer claiming LE told Ron to begin planning a funeral. I greatly doubt that report.
I posted a week ago that unless it's announced by LE in front of a microphone in an official press conference, what you hear or read isn't that reliable. The source has to be from LE.
Stepping off the soap box now.
jmo

Thank you so much for your feelings about all the miss-information that has been put out by TV personalities. No one knows the heartache all this has caused family.
Crystal has had so much to deal with and then all these stories like the ones that Granny, in TN, is stating on TV. No matter if you like Crystal or not have a heart. She is the mother of HaLeigh and loves her little girl very much. PCSO has stayed in constant contact with her and are very respectful of her feelings.

I don't understand when PCSO makes a statement there are people that keep the untruths going on.

I think its good they have asked for the rumors to stop being reported etc I think it would help the case for all this mis information to end, but I don't think it will stop them.
I mean, the next articles will probably be "sherrif upset about leaked information" lol..
The rumors and bad reporting will still go on in a case like this.

I think what upset LE is Art Harris saying on Nancy Grace that Misty mentioned the bones to Tommy in the back of the squad car. Art mentioned that he had a source. This little tidbit told LE that there is a small leak somewhere within their department.

JVM and NG seemed to skim over the blunder about animals bones by saying they were tested and found to be animal bones. That is not what LE said. They said, the bones were determined to be animal bones. I'm thinking they determined that on the scene and no bones were sent out for testing. Nice save HLN and Art Harris.

I do wish LE in this case would give more accurate pressers without using the game of semantics. They have been severely lacking in this department. Still, it doesn't give bloggers and TV personalities the license to run with inuendo, rumors and opinions.

JMO after studying on this, the information about the bones and comments in the squad car, more than likely Art got this information either from Lindsy Croslin or from Chelsea Croslin. Would LE tell Art this - not in a million years, but anyone Tommy or Misty called after this event, and they are free to call whoever is on their list and whoever has minutes might well tell Art. Chelsea has long been reporting to Art, so has Lindsy and Lisa and Hank as well. This is just my thought on it. If so, there will be audio tapes and LE will figure it out. But this whole story of Misty figuring out the bones were deer bones and LE was just trying to trick her, sounds like a repeat of one of the panelist lawyers on an evening rag show saying this is what happened. Tells me that sources outside the jail are keeping both Tommy and Misty up to date.

thanks for sharing that piece...I also wish someone would shut that grandma up....

ITA! Does anyone else notice that gramma seems to be parotting a lot of theories (some of them directly contradictory to others) that have been covered here? Anyone know if she has a computer or is computer literate? In one interview I saw her say she didn't think Misty would hurt Haleigh, doubted she had any part in harming her, and then not five minutes later she stated she thinks Misty may have hurt her because she was jealous of the attention Ron gave Haleigh.

That is just ONE of the crazy inconsistencies she spouted during the interview. I honestly wonder if she is just reading what we all theorize and then claiming they are hers. Only problem is, she can't pick a theory or opinion and stick with it.

I also find it odd that all these phone calls took place between gramma, misty and tommy but no video or audio has been released. This could mean the phone calls took place and there is relevant info in them that LE is keeping under wraps. Or it could mean no such calls have taken place and gramma is FOS.

Another thing that bother me about "courageous gramma Flo" is that she seems to have gotten a recent makover. Anyone know if she has been paid for all this recent diarhea of the mouth?

I respectfully disagree.

Years ago, a little boy in my child's class was murdered. The story as presented made a lot of people believe the mother killed her son, then came up with this lame scenario to cover her butt. Pretty much every time this came up, the people I spoke with, and myself included, were outraged the mother was still walking around free instead of being behind bars.

A little over a year later, the ex-boyfriend was arrested. It turned out the mother had agreed to go along with police and basically let the whole town think she was a child-killing , meanwhile, the ex, who had actually killed her son and raped her, felt free to call and taunt her on a regular basis, which is what gave LE the ability to track him down and arrest him. This also gave him a false sense of security, which kept him flitting around the area instead of leaving the country.

Because of this, I don't feel very entitled to information in an ongoing investigation. I have to assume LE knows what it is doing, as they are the professionals.
JMHO

Good for Sheriff Hardy!! I hope some of these "journalists" and bloggers will hide their heads in shame and offer a public apology, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Far as I'm concerned, people like Art and Nancy have done more to hurt this case than to help it.
The truth is, the public DOES NOT have the right to know any details as long as the investigation is ongoing, and until someone is charged with a crime. We can holler and scream all we want to that they should do this or that, but they don't have to share anything with the public. It's usually for a very good reason. Like it or not, Sheriff Hardy is correct. These rumors and false reporting are just wrong, and need to stop.

Art Harris isn't alone in posting questionable information. Everyone wants to make a name for themselves and what better way to do it than by inserting yourself into a high-profile case. In Haleigh's family's case, they are already less than upstanding citizens and it makes for a much more interesting case when you can add all the drama to it. It's almost like watching a soap opera happen in real life. It's really sad that it has happened to Haleigh.

ITA! Does anyone else notice that gramma seems to be parotting a lot of theories (some of them directly contradictory to others) that have been covered here? Anyone know if she has a computer or is computer literate? In one interview I saw her say she didn't think Misty would hurt Haleigh, doubted she had any part in harming her, and then not five minutes later she stated she thinks Misty may have hurt her because she was jealous of the attention Ron gave Haleigh.

That is just ONE of the crazy inconsistencies she spouted during the interview. I honestly wonder if she is just reading what we all theorize and then claiming they are hers. Only problem is, she can't pick a theory or opinion and stick with it.

I also find it odd that all these phone calls took place between gramma, misty and tommy but no video or audio has been released. This could mean the phone calls took place and there is relevant info in them that LE is keeping under wraps. Or it could mean no such calls have taken place and gramma is FOS.

Another thing that bother me about "courageous gramma Flo" is that she seems to have gotten a recent makover. Anyone know if she has been paid for all this recent diarhea of the mouth?

I don't think she's had that much of a makeover-just has her hair down, wearing an attractive blouse and some lipstick. She says she has no money to put into Misty and Tommy's account to talk to them-so I don't think she's gotten much if any money-yet!!:banghead:

CBM. You have to wonder though: Why hasn't anyone [significant to this case] stepped up to claim her accusations are false? LE, family members, atty's etcetera.. It would be very easy for someone to say "that's absolutely untrue". Granny knows the conversations are monitored, and she said Misty & Tommy are aware, too. I don't see why she would make up such a blatant lie knowing those conversations are available. JMO.

I respectfully disagree.

Years ago, a little boy in my child's class was murdered. The story as presented made a lot of people believe the mother killed her son, then came up with this lame scenario to cover her butt. Pretty much every time this came up, the people I spoke with, and myself included, were outraged the mother was still walking around free instead of being behind bars.

A little over a year later, the ex-boyfriend was arrested. It turned out the mother had agreed to go along with police and basically let the whole town think she was a child-killing , meanwhile, the ex, who had actually killed her son and raped her, felt free to call and taunt her on a regular basis, which is what gave LE the ability to track him down and arrest him. This also gave him a false sense of security, which kept him flitting around the area instead of leaving the country.

Because of this, I don't feel very entitled to information in an ongoing investigation. I have to assume LE knows what it is doing, as they are the professionals.
JMHO

bbm, so are you saying that this woman whose child was murdered, and she herself was raped by the murderer of her child was victimized again and agian and again and again, and was allowed to by LE for over a year, so LE could track him down and arrest him even though he was flitting around the area, while the whole town thought she murdered her own child?!!! and those particular LEOs are the professionals?

:eek::mad::shocked2::burn::scream::hopping_mad:

Theres just as many rumors flying around here, too. :waitasec:

...and horrible talk about innocent people!

Ummm..... just read on NG FB that there's gonna be an Annette Sykes vs. Flora Hollers smackdown tonight.............

Ummm..... just read on NG FB that there's gonna be an Annette Sykes vs. Flora Hollers smackdown tonight.............

Are you serious?:snooty:

Are you serious?:snooty:

Yes....

Exclusive tonight! Haleigh's great-grandma Annette Sykes debates Misty Croslin's grandma Flora Hollars to get to the truth of what really happened the night Haleigh vanished! Don't miss it! Only on Nancy Grace tonight at 8 & 10 p.m. ET on HLN.

*groans*

oh please, don't make me watch! :couch:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname