2010.04.26 - Tommy's Lawyer: "Tommy knows what happened"

If Tommy knows what happened and didn't tell his wife for 15 months, my thought is that he was afraid she would leave him if she knew. Or that she would contact LE with the information.

Either way, Tommy has been holding back information and hindering an investigation NO MATTER WHAT and that makes me ----------> :furious:

It was ToC lawyers who stated that not NG. He said in addtion to "dying for an arrest" that "ToC knew what happend and he was not involved". This lawyer seems very well qualfied. I'll go far as to say he is the best lawyer I've every seen on her show. I have no doubt he is telling the truth! He also said he was looking at three years for ToC but had one more charge to come in before that decision is made. He also will put NG in her place when he's talking and she jumps in. I like the guy and I think you would also. Now NG is another story.

Read his bio interesting.

GrannyL, Do you have a link to his bio?

If Tommy knows what happened and didn't tell his wife for 15 months, my thought is that he was afraid she would leave him if she knew. Or that she would contact LE with the information.

Either way, Tommy has been holding back information and hindering an investigation NO MATTER WHAT and that makes me ----------> :furious:

It will make me :furious::furious::furious:

if it turns out he has known all along. I don't see anyway anyone in good conscience could allow him to walk without some major obstruction charges. If true he has known all along - boiling oil works well and would IMO be a deserving punishmment.

Right now however, I have to remove emotion from the equation.

Just my honest opinion but in order for Tommy not to be charged with anything in Haleigh's murder there better be an overwhelming amount of proof to back that up. Just hearing Tommy knows what happened and wasn't involved disgusts me. For almost 15 months this person had knowledge of what happened to Haleigh and never said a word.....he lied and mislead investigators, he has been keeping innocent family members.... who've longed for information.... lives on hold and that is unacceptable in my opinion. Just as unacceptable as the murder itself. Like I say, just my opinion.

BBM--I am very anxious to see who is arrested and if there were threats lodged against Tommy or his family. I can't excuse anyone in this mess for withholding info--but I sure as heck want to know the reasons why. JMO

Just saying, there has to be a reason that Lindsy made a trip to Mass to see Timmy and Chelsea. Every video or phone call I have heard, she didn't have the finances to be doing this on her own for sure. She has no job and three kids to care for. Thinking there must be some special reason behind this trip. I do think it is very possible that Tommy did send Lindsy a letter detailing his tale. I just don't know how anyone can believe it though without Tommy providing something that corresponds to evidence LE has or he led Le to evidence and LE now has it in their possession.

As for holding it for 15 months, that is yet to be seen. If Tommy is not involved it may be that the information came to him somehow. Sooner or later this tale will be known.

My opinion is she needed to get away and the kids were out of school on spring break. My guess either her grandfather paid or LP paid. I Know for sure it was spring break. She does have a job. On her MySpace just before she went to Mass. She made a remark she had a job and it pays $17 something an hour. I image she went to work that next week after returning home.

I agree about ToC has to provide "something that corresponds to evidence LE has or he led Le to evidence and LE now has it in their possession" I know his lawyer said at some point his offense could get 3-15 yr.
I hope it is sooner!

GRANNYL - I was thinking maybe Padilla, he is rather insistent on involving himself in Haleigh's case.

Glad Lindsy has a job, those kids need food.

Mr. Werter likewise impressed me during the two interviews I have seen and his background is impressive. JMO

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/james-werter-esquire/14/606/2ab

Wow. Thanks, HH. He for sure isn't your usual defense attorney, is he? Criminal law isn't even listed on his primary interests.

He used to be with the state's atty's office - Is that how he got assigned to Tommy?

I haven't seen him yet, but now I'm intrigued... off to look for a video now.

GRANNYL - I was thinking maybe Padilla, he is rather insistent on involving himself in Haleigh's case.

I agree on both! She seemed so happy to get a job. I know it must be hard on her and the kids. I feel sorry for them!

Should have written Helplessly Hoping. Sorry HH about that mistake. Don't know where my brain was.

No worries, Granny. It is rare that what my brain is thinking matches what I type. :)

Well guess what I have to correct my mistake. The determined on her MS is because she can't find a job.

So no she does not have a job.

I don't like the idea of a deal for anyone who had knowledge or participated in this crime, but if LE needs a witness for the successful conviction of the ones involved, in Haleigh's death, then let it be the least culpable among the bunch. I believe that is why they are working with Tommy, hopefully by now he has told the truth to LE.

Tommy Croslin obviously has a wonderful attorney with various credits and accomplishments throughout his career. That is good in my opinion, just who Tommy needs to help him negotiate through the terms of his drug and burglary charges. After watching yesterday's events unfold the last thing I want to see is a criminal walk away from their crimes because of inadequate representation.

James Werter's statement "Tommy knows what happened ...but isn't culpable" is a contradiction in opinion. Tommy has been in jail since January and up until a few weeks ago he claimed he had no idea what happened to Haleigh and police should just leave him alone. He has lost all credibility in my opinion and before I fall into the trap of believing an apt defense attorney who claims his client wasn't involved, I will wait to see the facts.

Tommy can still not be culpable in Haleigh's death and be complicit in the silence of what he knows of her death. It isn't a contradiction. It's a moral slippery slope, though.

NOt dissing Mr. Wherter but he is, after all, a defense attorney. Being a mouthpiece and proclaiming his clients innocence and soon vindication is sort of his job. I just don't take any statements by attorneys of players too seriously, they are after all doing a job, and part of that job is spin, and public perception.

I do not think any of these players are EVER going to admit what happened that night...a bone here and there...

It will all come out AT TRIAL...

Tommy can still not be culpable in Haleigh's death and be complicit in the silence of what he knows of her death. It isn't a contradiction. It's a moral slippery slope, though.

In my opinion it is a contradiction based on the information that I've read as of right now. I know that police now feel comfortable labeling Haleigh's disappearance as a homicide investigation.....and Werter states his client knows what happened.

He is deserving of blame, if he knows what happened and DID NOT REPORT IT ....he is just as deserving of the blame, yes he is, in my opinion. That is based on what I know as of now. What is Werter going to come out and say? That his client just came by all this information? LE kept misty away from Tommy in jail for a reason. They were not allowed to visit with each other, so how did Tommy magically find out......behind bars... what happened to Haleigh? In my opinion he has known since February 9th what happened to Haleigh and his drug use has increased, his criminal activity has increased.....and his life has decreased. He has no credibility in my opinion and he needs a very reputable, intelligent lawyer. I am glad he has one. JMHO

He is deserving of blame for keeping silent. I agree. One has to stop at blaming him for her death if he had nothing to do with it. Based on the fact that he's been physically attacked and then had a headless rat placed in his mailbox, his impetus to stay alive might have been stronger than his moral obligation to let LE know what happened.

No excuses, simply seeing the route Tommy might have taken, and those reasons he used to take that route.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back