2010.04.30 Casey Anthony: Friday hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
And JB acts nervous, like a school boy, as usual.

Didn't Lyon(s) say in one of her papers that she didn't like the "blue-hair" set? So they are thinking if the jury is sequestered, no one with a responsible job, or even a job, or a family would stay on the jury?

Is that what this is about?

If I remember correctly during the O.J. trial there was an older "blue hair" woman who was the hold out. The other jurors finally got to her, and she voted N.G. I believe AL would want jurors 35 years old or younger on the jury. JMO

I don't know if this has already been said but when Baez and Cheney were on In Sessions I think it was Vinnie who asked them what George and Cindy thought about the letters that Casey had written and everything that she said about them or maybe he asked George and Cindy's attorney as he was on too. Anyway, the attorney said that George and Lee both deny there was ever any sexual abuse and about the things that Casey said about her mom..."all kids say things like that about their parents." First of all Casey isn't a kid and most kids don't say terrible things like that about their mother when they are Casey's age. Some do in their teens but they grow up. The attorney just acted like it was perfectly normal.

George and Cindy's attorney said that George and Cindy are really anxious to see what all comes out in the trial because they really want to know what really happened to Caylee. They will be listening to everything that is said and come to a conclusion. Said that they are glad that this judge is moving things along like he is.

I don't know if this has already been said but when Baez and Cheney were on In Sessions I think it was Vinnie who asked them what George and Cindy thought about the letters that Casey had written and everything that she said about them or maybe he asked George and Cindy's attorney as he was on too. Anyway, the attorney said that George and Lee both deny there was ever any sexual abuse and about the things that Casey said about her mom..."all kids say things like that about their parents." First of all Casey isn't a kid and most kids don't say terrible things like that about their mother when they are Casey's age. Some do in their teens but they grow up. The attorney just acted like it was perfectly normal.

George and Cindy's attorney said that George and Cindy are really anxious to see what all comes out in the trial because they really want to know what really happened to Caylee. They will be listening to everything that is said and come to a conclusion. Said that they are glad that this judge is moving things along like he is.

I also noticed BC is continuing to use the phrase "since Cindy and George CAN'T visit KC".
I wish the interviewers would call him on that everytime he uses it. Not CAN'T .....WON'T!

I haven't had time to wade through all 39 pages in this thread so far ( I will read more of it this weekend when I have time) but I did watch the videoclips of Friday's hearing and wow, I'm really impressed by how quickly Judge Perry is moving things along. There really is going to be a trial in about a year.

It's rather ironic that Caylee was almost 3 years old when she died and it will take nearly the same amount of time (nearly 3 years from the time that Casey was first arrested back in 2008 ) to get this case to trial.

Let's hope that by the time Caylee would have turned 6 years old that Casey will have gotten a fair trial, gotten convicted, and will either be on death row or in prison serving LWOP.

Casey's reaction that both of you mention during the hearing, when Judge Perry says 6 to 8 weeks for trial then 1 week of penalty, really struck me as an "oh crap" moment for Casey. She may have just realized that this is real, and in 8 short weeks of trial her life or death will be decided by 12 strangers and Judge Perry. I truly believe this is the first time Casey was confronted with this harsh reality.

Just thought of something..perhaps the displeasure some saw in kc at the end was due to the sequestering of the jury instead of going to wonerful Miami as she and her "boys" had discussed? that mini vaca idea???????? the nice beaches???:waitasec:

ITA and just b/c there are 250 witnesses listed doesn't mean they are calling them all. I bet they call 60% of these witnesses if that. JMO.

However, if you listened to cm interview on insessions....I think it will be that long or longer...He is proud of being able to draw out line of questioning of witnesses...he said something to the effect that they really can't judge how long it will be because he will more or less hammer them....soooooooooooo..............

This has probally been said, but dang I can't believe it appeared as if Jose passed an electronic message to his client right there in the court room! For real?!

If it was Cindy sending her an "I love you honey" message, wouldn't that be concidered Wire Fraud? Jus sayin... :innocent:

I just managed to finish the thread and I must give my "Thank You" buttons to everyone! You all had some great insights into the case and are really putting your hearts into justice for Caylee.

Judge Perry is just the person to get this case moving along with his no-nonsense approach and availability.

When comparing his speed in setting up hearings and cutting through all the defense motions in two hearings (maybe 3?), let's do remember that in January, 2009, Judge Strickland rotated into the civil case division. He was asked (by JP I believe) to continue on with this case. So, Strickland was stuck with a full docket of civil cases AND this case had to be shoe-horned in.

As Chief Judge, Perry has different duties to see to, but he normally does not have a case load. At this point, he has the time to move things along faster than did Strickland!

Just thought of something..perhaps the displeasure some saw in kc at the end was due to the sequestering of the jury instead of going to wonerful Miami as she and her "boys" had discussed? that mini vaca idea???????? the nice beaches???:waitasec:

ITA. When the Judge said they would be holding the trial in Orlando, I couldn't help but remember KC saying something about after the trial was over she would be doing the Miami beach vacation. Guess she was surprised that's not going to happen!

Was it just me or did it seem perhaps as if KC might be under the influence of a prescription? When not reacting to specific things, she seemed much calmer, stared off into space quite a bit and was a lot less fidgety. Perhaps our psych SME's could weigh in on their impressions.

Perhaps she is being treated for some sort of behavioral or psychiatric disorder and that is also a reason the defense wants the jail logs sealed. Something tells me there is gonna be a psychological version of the "twinkie defense" to play to mitigation goals. If that is the case, it will be interesting to see what Psych Soup de Jour gets served up to the jury.

I KNOW!! Is that in any way legal?!

I hope the Judge and bailiffs took note that he was using his cell phone during this hearing. The only way I can see this being allowed would be with prior approval from the Court. (Maybe he had it) So disrespectful to be looking at his cell during the Courts time. JMO:banghead:

Was not one of the orders from the judge that the cell phones were to be off? JB had his on the table in front of him. When the order is no cell phones I would think none should be visible either. Put them away. They do not belong in a court proceedings. jmo

Just wondering, but did anyone see the bald headed guy, Jim Lichenstein there? I thought he was always present at the hearings in close proximity to the Anthonys.

During the proceedings yesterday I was listening both on tv and online. Every once in a while during this hearing I'd hear a cell phone vibration, which comes through clearly as a 'badaboomp, badaboomp, badaboomp." Not sure it was JB's but his was clearly on the table.

Yep, imo they should all be turned off and not on vibrate unless the court makes an exception due to a possible family emergency or similar (wife in labor, things like that).

Props to Richard Hornsby, who abso-damned-lutely called this hearing about a week ago, I think on Steph Watts show. "Things will move so much faster . . . you'll see both the defense and the state slightly uncomfortable . . . "

Dear Richard -- Come home. All is forgiven.

Blaise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member