2010.04.30 Defense responds to JS order stepping down

:smile::smile::smile:
(my bold)

Just an FYI the Ninth Circuit Court is one of the largest courts in FL, servicing 1.3 million with 65 judges and an average of 590,000 cases a year :smile:

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/about/overview.shtml

Thank you Cher352 I remember looking at this when Casey was first charged to get an idea of the trial system within the state of Florida. Since I am Canadian I was really unaware of the differences between Canada and the USA.
I apologize for making an overstatement. The Ninth Circuit handles criminal, civic, domestic and traffic violations, and the appeals processes.
I was thinking of the criminal cases. To me Judge Perry looks like he would be more than aware of those cases under his jurisdiction especially one that has received a much local press as this one has.

I'm also curious to know if judges have to make any kind of a monthly summary of the cases they are handling re progress, proposed duration etc to a senior unit or if they just meander along as best they can. Anyone know?

BBM.

Sadly, I believe the contrary that given the new life and cockiness breathed into the Defense by Cheney, I think the Defense are going to KC stating well we nearly had grounds for mistrial with JS and don't worry, before long we will have a bunch of grounds and, as backup some appeals. I think the ego of this Defense team are boosting KC's morale.

Cyberborg, when I watched the last hearing I was surprised by the lack of "new life and cockiness" from Mason. On the contrary, he looked tired and deflated. Any suspicions or guesses why that would be? When he and Baez were walking away from the press with Kathi Belich chasing after them, he looked more like a whipped old dog - no spring or glee in his step at all, at least that I saw and I was watching him, not Baez after the hearing.

Thank you Cher352 I remember looking at this when Casey was first charged to get an idea of the trial system within the state of Florida. Since I am Canadian I was really unaware of the differences between Canada and the USA.
I apologize for making an overstatement. The Ninth Circuit handles criminal, civic, domestic and traffic violations, and the appeals processes.
I was thinking of the criminal cases. To me Judge Perry looks like he would be more than aware of those cases under his jurisdiction especially one that has received a much local press as this one has.

I'm also curious to know if judges have to make any kind of a monthly summary of the cases they are handling re progress, proposed duration etc to a senior unit or if they just meander along as best they can. Anyone know?

Here is an org chart that depicts the court administration for Ninth District and it may shed some light on how the above might be handled:

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/about/administration/downloads/Court Administration.pdf

And here's one that outlines the general court structure in FL:
http://www.flcourts.org/courts/bin/Jurisdiction_chart.pdf

The same website for the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court has other areas that might address your questions.

Here is an org chart that depicts the court administration for Ninth District and it may shed some light on how the above might be handled:

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/about/administration/downloads/Court Administration.pdf

And here's one that outlines the general court structure in FL:
http://www.flcourts.org/courts/bin/Jurisdiction_chart.pdf

The same website for the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court has other areas that might address your questions.

Thanks Ceceybeans - if you ever come across anything that would give me percentages that each division represents as far as divving up the caseload, please point me towards it. In the meantime I will poke around and see what i can find.

Cheney Mason said in open court that H Lee once accepted a crate of oranges.......we all heard it yet now is claiming that Judge STrickland wouldn't know that?????

Also,
Cheney noted that he used an expired Notary Stamp.. Months Expired and then he went on to explain it.. Upset because it was only months expired and not expired for a decade.. What does it matter? "Expired is Expired" Cheney! :waitasec: lol

Cheney is tripping over his own two feet. I like how on the very first day we met Cheney in this case, and Baez was handing the reins, cart and horses over to Cheney, even motioning that Cheney was the one running the show from now on. Cheney came on board that very morning of court, as if Baez made calls to get help ASAP from a Seasoned DP atty. Then after Cheney's first flaw of getting Strickland off the case, and Perry on it. Baez seems to be back in the saddle again.

Then he goes onto to twist How he challenged the Judge by saying.."Don't you trust me?" He was back peddling.. I thought Cheney was good? Everyone kept talking on other blogs how good Cheney is.. So far all I have seen him do is make messes and then doesn't even clean up after himself.

Maybe Cheney was good and one time, maybe he was even great at one time, but that seems to be along time ago, His good times seem to have expired in the courtroom by months and maybe even a decade ago, Just like his stamp.

Snipped for space:

I thought Cheney was good? Everyone kept talking on other blogs how good Cheney is.. So far all I have seen him do is make messes and then doesn't even clean up after himself.

Maybe Cheney was good and one time, maybe he was even great at one time, but that seems to be along time ago, His good times seem to have expired in the courtroom by months and maybe even a decade ago, Just like his stamp.

Ever since he took on yet another case (Ward? some doctor, IIRC, that's accused of killing his wife) in the middle of this one, I've wondered how he's handling that one. Does anyone know? I've got very little time to "sleuth" these days and am curious if any FL locals have heard any rumblings about the other case. I also was perplexed about why he took that case when Casey's was supposedly his last hurrah before retiring (maybe he needs the money from a paying client?)... :waitasec:

Snipped for space:

Ever since he took on yet another case (Ward? some doctor, IIRC, that's accused of killing his wife) in the middle of this one, I've wondered how he's handling that one. Does anyone know? I've got very little time to "sleuth" these days and am curious if any FL locals have heard any rumblings about the other case. I also was perplexed about why he took that case when Casey's was supposedly his last hurrah before retiring (maybe he needs the money from a paying client?)... :waitasec:
Kirk Kirkconnell is Ward's attorney and Kirkconnell is keeping quiet, unlike KC's attorneys.

Cyberborg, when I watched the last hearing I was surprised by the lack of "new life and cockiness" from Mason. On the contrary, he looked tired and deflated. Any suspicions or guesses why that would be? When he and Baez were walking away from the press with Kathi Belich chasing after them, he looked more like a whipped old dog - no spring or glee in his step at all, at least that I saw and I was watching him, not Baez after the hearing.
He has not represented an indigent client in about 37 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back