2010.05.01 Lindsy has filed for divorce

I don't believe that is necessarily true, CN2Souls.

If her husband is incarcerated, she needs govt help to help get her by. There was a welfare reform where the one getting assistance must enter into a transition program in order to get financial help. With Lindsy being in nursing school, her hubby being incarcerated, she would be considered the sole provider of her family, she would be a candidate for help. .

One doesn't need to be divorced to get govt aid, JMHO

Lindsy has already graduated from the nursing program?
Her graduation announcement is posted somewhere in all of these threads.
I remember seeing/finding it when the gal in scrubs dropped off the letter at the newspaper desk and they asked for help in identifying her.

I have listened to most of Tommy's conversations with his wife, and based on what I have heard, Lindsy was fully aware that Tommy wanted to take a LDT but as far as when it would take place, that was up to his lawyer. LP said Lindsy was in shock when he told her Tommy took his LDT while she was in MA but perhaps Tommy wasn't given notice and he had no choice but to take it when the investigator showed up at the jail. There is also reason to suspect Tommy didn't notify Lindsy beforehand because he couldn't reach her by phone in MA. There is no reason to believe Lindsy spoke with her husband while she was gone.

LP broke the news to Lindsy that Tommy had taken and failed his LDT and when Lindsy demanded to know how LP knew he failed, LP's rationale was "If he had passed, his lawyer would have bragged about it". (14:57 mm). AH and LP disclosed this confidential and sensitive information to Lindsy before Tommy's lawyer had an opportunity to make contact with her or she talked with Tommy which IMO is a breach of privacy and unethical behavior.

Lindsy said everything was normal Monday Feb 9/09 when she returned home from her evening class: Tommy prepared supper for them, they ate & watched TV, and went to bed together at 11:30 pm. LP tried to convince Lindsy Tommy had lied to her and was involved in HaLeigh's disappearance because he didn't tell LE he had gone to Ron's around 10 pm eight months ago, (15:32 mm) which we now know was a ploy by Tommy to get his bond reduced and not possible since Tommy was home babysitting and awaiting his wife’s return. I suspect once Lindsy talks to her husband and his lawyer and the trust between her and her husband which was broken by LP and AH is re-established, she might reconsider her grounds for divorce.

I hope TJ Ward, PI, conducts a LVA on Ronald soon. Tommy claims he is innocent and Hank Sr also stands by his son and said he knows for a fact Tommy wasn't involved in HaLeigh's disappearance. TJ Ward said Misty is involved and know where HaLeigh is. LP said Tommy didn't talk to FH and confess to her because they didn't have minutes on their phones. LP said Tommy's LDT showed deception and that is what led LE to search the SJR but why would Tommy's lawyer share this privileged information wth LP?

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage/2010/04/19/haleigh-cummings-homicide-investigation

She new he was taking the test and most likely it was going to be before she got back from MA...he kept telling her in one of the audios he was going to take it before she got back from MA and he wanted her to stay in FL in case he got bonded out, he wanted her to be there. Something to that effect.

[
B]Lots of good info in this audio if you listen closely.[/B] http://www..net/124452
Tommy tells LC to make the arragments for the poly. He asked her if she talked to the dude (IMO,he is referring to LP). For some reason I feel Tommy may of taken two poly's. But that is JMO.

It sounds as if LP is helping Lindsey get on her feet. Tommy tells her she need to apply for daycare and get back to work and not count on that guy. She said it would not make sense to get a job now since she is going to MA.

Tommy also said that his lawyer is talking to the state about a deal. Lindsey mentions....boy if I could just say here now what I want to say to the world.
Lindsey slips and says LP will be the one paying Tommy's bond. Tommy feels LP only wants to do it for publicity, but he will go with it anyway.

Lindsey tells him...do you want to lose your lawyer.
Tommy tells her he still wants to do that chit...but it sounds as if it is something else, not the poly. I wonder what Tommy is referring to? Lindsey says it would be fun to go. I wonder where they are planing on going?

Tommy keeps saying that if he dose not do what LP ask him to he will not pay his bond. Sound as if Tommy felt he was going to pass. I wonder if is dumb enough to think he can beat the poly.

Lindsey tells Tommy he needs to take the polygraph regardless.

Tommy seems to have issues with the what ever the conditions are with LP.

He says if that if taking a poly is his only way out of jail then he will do it. Sounds as if one of the conditions are that LP gets the transcripts of the poly and the results. Tommy said he doesn't care he can have it.

Lindsey tells him that if he takes a poly and passes then it would be no strings attached...sounds as if they tried to give Tommy a poly through someone else before LP arranged for his poly.

Tommy talks about LP paying his bond to get out of jail if he passed the polygraph. He fears that LP will not bond his out after he takes his poly. He says that he doesn't care if he is on an ankle bracelet, he just want to come home.

Lindsey says to Tommy (If that happens will he still do it.)..I wonder if she is referring to the pass or fail issue. If he fails will LP still bond him out.

Something else of interest is when Tommy says after his poly his BOND is going to be so high, and he fears he will not get anyone to bond him out.

Tommy tells Lindsey that he needs to it his way...

I think she's been wrestling with how to get out of the relationship since this latest drug bust happened, but it's been hard for her to commit her thoughts to words on a jail phone. She has probably been an enabler.

The whole idea of her moving on has been a silent theme in the jail conversations--she expresses through saying "I'm tired." "I'm crazy." "I'm mad at you, but I love you." I have no doubt ToC knows the way the world works and realizes LinC going to the gym and wanting to look good in a swimsuit means the girl is moving on.

And afterall, he has much bigger worries right now than keeping his family together. He has to answer for his sister now, who has accused him of kidnapping a baby.

LinC is really blessed to have a supportive family, and I'm sure she'll be okay as long as ToC's in jail and can't charm her back into the clan. The former crack-head grandparents who used her food money for pills, should also be made to keep away from the children.:twocents:

http://www.artharris.com/blog/wp-co...ommy-Croslin-burglary-report-1-2010-577-1.pdf

I think I would get divorced for that above!!! Who in there right mind steals SOAP & SOAP! The things he stoled unbeliable Do they not have a pantry there =(
Two 24 oz bottles of Dawn dish soap OH MY GOSH
1 bottle of Soft Soap
CONSUMABLE GOODS
What was he doing thinking the neighbors house was wally world, I think LC knew about all this! what makes you think she wouldnt lie or cover for tommy?
My hinky meter is on to this!

Maybe Lindsy has been going to counseling and that has been helping her out a lot. She seems very co dependent on Tommy, although seems to be making progress now that he is somewhat out of her life. Going to the gym and wanting to become healthy shows she is taking pride in what she looks like now. She is extremely young and probably realizes there is more to life then Tommy and his screwed up ways.

I don't think she is divoricing him so she can get benefits from the state, as she would qualify regardless with him being in jail and her raising three kids alone and no income. Jmo.

based on one of the jailhouse taped conversations between Tommy and Lindsy, the one where tommy says to lindsy twice, I hope you don't get mad when you read my letter, I think it's a strong possibility Tommy suggested the divorce so that Lindsy would qualify for more assistance

I still think it's for financial reasons - maybe not so much now - but after Hope's fine of $250K it would make sense for the divorce so that Lindsy is NOT responsible for any fines levied on TC. That amt would break anyone and she has herself and 3 children to take care of.
Could be other reasons too but I think this had alot to do with it - someone told her to get away from the financial responsibility and she is listening...JMOO
:smile:

Maybe Lindsy has been going to counseling and that has been helping her out a lot. She seems very co dependent on Tommy, although seems to be making progress now that he is somewhat out of her life. Going to the gym and wanting to become healthy shows she is taking pride in what she looks like now. She is extremely young and probably realizes there is more to life then Tommy and his screwed up ways.

I don't think she is divoricing him so she can get benefits from the state, as she would qualify regardless with him being in jail and her raising three kids alone and no income. Jmo.

She completed a nursing program of some level last summer.
I don't follow the no income portion of her struggle personally?

As a single mom of three kids she would certainly qualify, especially if Dad is unable to pay child support, and child care assistance. I have been fortunate enough to never use state benefits but I am almost positive that in our state you do not qualify for state aid of any significant amount if you are married, or even if you get caught with your boyfriend living with you. If you are single and child support is not being paid there are a bunch of programs you qualify for here.

Having the ability to get a decent job and possibly get a home etc... would be good reasons to not be financially tied to a man that is looking at large fines and possibly having to repay the state for court costs down the road.

I can think of more sinister financial gains but I don't think anyone in this group is crafty enough to be thinking along book/movie/interview deals down the road.

I can't imagine any scenario where Tommy would tell her to do that (file for divorce) unless it protected him in some way. He does not sound like the type to give up his "woman" without a struggle, IMO. That would mean another man might have her and I can't see him being OK with that in any circumstance.

She completed a nursing program of some level last summer.
I don't follow the no income portion of her struggle personally?

As a single mom of three kids she would certainly qualify, especially if Dad is unable to pay child support, and child care assistance. I have been fortunate enough to never use state benefits but I am almost positive that in our state you do not qualify for state aid of any significant amount if you are married, or even if you get caught with your boyfriend living with you. If you are single and child support is not being paid there are a bunch of programs you qualify for here.

Having the ability to get a decent job and possibly get a home etc... would be good reasons to not be financially tied to a man that is looking at large fines and possibly having to repay the state for court costs down the road.

I can think of more sinister financial gains but I don't think anyone in this group is crafty enough to be thinking along book/movie/interview deals down the road.

We need to hear the most recent tape before she filed to get a handle on it, but odds are (to me) it was a mutual decision to help her state aid and to allow her to get a job in nursing

Having a spouse who is incarcerated makes a lot of things difficult for the family left behind

I still think she would have waited until he was sentenced, if it was a financial issue. Although if she filed after seeing Hope's sentence...that might make her realize this could be a very long haul. I can't remember if she filed the day after the sentencing? Is that correct? If so, she must have been ready to do it.

I guess I would rather think she filed after learning something more about Feb. 9th, as that might mean that there is soon to be some resolution in this case...

I still think she would have waited until he was sentenced, if it was a financial issue. Although if she filed after seeing Hope's sentence...that might make her realize this could be a very long haul. I can't remember if she filed the day after the sentencing? Is that correct? If so, she must have been ready to do it.

I guess I would rather think she filed after learning something more about Feb. 9th, as that might mean that there is soon to be some resolution in this case...

Hope was sentenced on April 28th and Lindsey filed either that same day or the 29th

A criminal's gotta wash.

laughmouth.gif

I still think it's for financial reasons - maybe not so much now - but after Hope's fine of $250K it would make sense for the divorce so that Lindsy is NOT responsible for any fines levied on TC. That amt would break anyone and she has herself and 3 children to take care of.
Could be other reasons too but I think this had alot to do with it - someone told her to get away from the financial responsibility and she is listening...JMOO

this makes the most sense to me. The State looks at a married couple as one entity. So if one spouse is sued or owes money, so does the other one. She would not be able to escape his debt. Any thing she owed would have a lien put on it, house, car, bank accounts. She is making a smart move, either way.

BBM-
I agree with this reason also. I believe LC did just graduate from LPN school and should be eligible to sit for the State Board exam soon, if she hasn't already. The MEDIAN income for an LPN is ~45K/yr...this is not a fortune obviously, but IMO it would make it difficult for her to qualify for much in the way of state aid.

I was an LPN in my home state for a number of years (not Fla, BTW) and during some of that time I was a single mother of three receiving no child support from my ex. I applied for assistance because my son was put on an expensive medication that was not covered by insurance. When I sent in my financial info, I was basically told that I would just have to get a second job (which is what I did for a few years) because my income was too high to qualify for any assistance.This goes back a few years, and as I said, the guidelines are different from state to state so I could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that she would be eligible for much, if any, assistance.

I am more inclined to believe that she is hoping to avoid being financially responsible if ToC gets hit with fines similar to Hope's.

I also have to wonder if there is an issue with her passing a background check for the State Nursing Board since she is so closely associated with known drug users and criminals...IDK how far in depth the background check goes, even though LC herself may not have a criminal record. Just thinking out loud on this point, because IDK...:twocents: MOO, and all that...

Linsey has been with Tommy for years & put up with a lot of bunk. I find it more than a little ironic that she has now decided to leave him, because for the 1st time in a long time, (I would imagine), he's clean & sober. The sober life doesn't seem to bode well for their marraige. It's too sobering, I guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861
Back