2010.05.10 - Casey Anthony Motions Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you listen to the raw feed of Casey entering the courtroom prior to JP, you'll see CM go off camera, and then I believe hear him talking about skin cancer - - so I think he had a mole removed. Sorry if someone has already checked in on this - - -
Thanks, I was curious. I hope he fully recovers. The C word must be scary to hear, no matter the stage it's in.

Good point. I imagine we may see a lot of older/ retired people on the jury.

I'm hoping for a retired school teacher, retired policemen, etc.

People with common sense, who are well-versed in logic, with long life experience and the wisdom that comes with it.

Hopefully a lot of grandparents who although love their children, could not understand standing by them when they have killed your grand child.

Wow, another bumbling day for Baez in court. I'm thinking he thought better of bringing in the TES motion, and good thing. That would have been yet another smackdown. He needs to learn that HE. NEEDS. TO. DO. HIS. OWN. WORK! No one else is going to do it for him!

I cannot BELIEVE he brought in To Kill a Mockingbird. Who else thinks CM gave him the cliffnotes to read up on? Or rented him the movie to make him watch the courtroom scenes? And what's next, dressing up Casey in tatters and having her lean on a crutch like Tiny Tim in a Christmas Carol? Stop trying to impress us by making us think you read real books, or any books for that matter, Baez. It is SO NOT WORKING!

Loving the continual smackdowns by the judge. I about fell out of my chair laughing when he told Baez to get the point. I wonder if Baez can actually do that? I was a bit disappointed that JP didn't rule on some of these motions and put the pictures motion off until March 2011! Oh well, I guess he has to throw the defense some bones, you know?

And you know, I'd like to think Baez is intentionally looking dumber than a box of hair, but the sad thing is, he's not! Apparently in it's in his nature to be one of the worst defense attorneys out there. His arguments made no sense - HELLO BAEZ! YOUR CLIENT IS THE ONE WHO SAID SHE WAS LOOKING FOR ZENAIDA IN THE CLUBS! which makes the pictures of her in the very clubs she was referring to REVELANT! Why in the hell is he SO CLUELESS? I can't believe he tried to argue that those pics had nothing to do with Caylee missing with a STRAIGHT FACE.

Seriously, AZlawyer, do you have to make stupid arguments just to say you're doing your best for your client?

I swear, I have never seen a more incompetent attorney. I seriously hope his experts know how to use technology because the state will sure be using it, and I wonder if Casey can appeal based on her defense being technologically deficient.

Can't wait for more fireworks tomorrow!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

ITA! KC and her defense team remind me of a great, big sinking ship.......taking on water with each hearing as they continue to sink further down. Their "captain" thinks he is doing a capable job, when (in reality) those not wearing "Cindy-Vision" tinted glasses see him as a bumbling sloth who doesn't want to do any actual hard work! Another excellent job today by the Prosecutors and the Judge.

I know this thread is about today's hearing, but I see no discussion on tomorrow's hearing and I have a question?

The defense wants to argue that this is not a death penalty qualified case, correct? So, will Casey have to sit through the SA's reasons why it should remain a death qualified case?

Could the SA go as far as bringing in a picture of Caylee so that at least everyone (Casey, Cindy, George and the defense) could be reminded, even if for a short few minutes, that this is about one person only and that person is Caylee?

I know this thread is about today's hearing, but I see no discussion on tomorrow's hearing and I have a question?

The defense wants to argue that this is not a death penalty qualified case, correct? So, will Casey have to sit through the SA's reasons why it should remain a death qualified case?

Could the SA go as far as bringing in a picture of Caylee so that at least everyone (Casey, Cindy, George and the defense) could be reminded, even if for a short few minutes, that this is about one person only and that person is Caylee?
Yes. The only hearings she doesn't have to attend are the status hearings, iirc.

If you listen to the raw feed of Casey entering the courtroom prior to JP, you'll see CM go off camera, and then I believe hear him talking about skin cancer - - so I think he had a mole removed. Sorry if someone has already checked in on this - - -

I noticed that at the last hearing he was wearing a gauze dressing on his upper cheek, and again today he had one.

It mad me mad when Baez said that this trial is not about justice (and he said something else), but about money. That mad me so upset. This is about Caylee. How awful not to acknowledge that a terrible, horrific, and very tragic happened. That is why Casey is there. That is why he(Baez) is there (MAKING MONEY). And everyone else is there in the courtroom, those of us watching from across the country and all over. It's about justice for a poor, little, innocent, helpless child, who didn't deserve what happened to her. And, it's about making the monster, (the one who was suppose to love her, and protect her, pay the price for killing her. Maybe he is speaking from HIS position and reasons why he is involved in this case. But, for the rest us, it all about poor sweet little Caylee. She deserves this trial. She deserves the truth to be told.

BBM Yup - a classic case of projection!

After veiwing the "happy mother's day, I love you" so quick at the end from KC to CA
I think Baez told her to say that. He leans into her 2 times..........IMO
so mom & dad plead for her tomorrow......DP motion.

respectfully snipped

Yes, she's probably hoping they will respond in kind tomorrow on 'Mother of The Year's Day'.

I am getting confused here. Are you saying that the state has put in a motion for reciprocal discovery from the defense? Are they actually saying that the defense is withholding discovery? If so, I wonder when the hearing on that will be.

From what I gathered today, it is the defense asking for discovery and that is what is on the table. I heard no discussion of the defense withholding discovery. I hope that is on the table for another day.

I agree with you in that the defense should turn over all discovery, what is fair is fair.

I think there is something missing with the sunshine law. I do not believe for one second that the state turns over everything. I think they can keep it if they are still looking into it. I will give an example. Yuri mentioned in one of his reports that Rk's boss gave him Rk's employment records and routes. Yuri stated that Rk had ran his route in Sept and October, but Rk stated that it was August and November. Clearly a contradiction. Due to what went on on October 9th with the screaming child, I went to look for Rk records. It is not there and they have not turned it over. That is just one example.

There is an entire thread on what evidence is missing.

I think this tit for tat on discovery is tiresome. The state and its experts will have to eventually turn over all discovery in the end. What a waste of time and money. IMO
Yes,after TM declared in court that the defense had evidence that proved KC was innocent the SA filed a motion requiring the defense to provide that discovery .The court ruled that the defense had until last February to comply. The defense did not provide that discovery.
Surely you recall that?

I just want to thank the lawyers here who explain the legalese so nicely that we can all understand.

a quote from to kill a mockingbird-- will we hear the whole movie quotes in court?

jose may start memorize lines from movie-lol

The one place where a man ought to get a square deal is in a courtroom, be he any color of the rainbow, but people have a way of carrying their resentments right into a jury box. As you grow older, you'll see white men cheat black men every day of your life, but let me tell you something and don't you forget it - whenever a white man does that to a black man, no matter who he is, how rich he is, or how fine a family he comes from, that white man is trash. ~Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird, Chapter 23, spoken by the character Atticus

http://www.quotegarden.com/bk-km.html quotes from mockingbird!!
For some reason, I keep thinking about Bob Ewell.. remember him and that line? "What kind a man are you? You got children of your own?" LOL

The statement was recorded.

That's why they're sticking with it.

JMO

The pizza story was uttered to the media, so it is recorded also. It is their excited utterance that is relevant. Their excited utterance to LAW ENFORCEMENT - which if they were not being truthful in THAT phone call, they were guilty of yet another crime....

Both statements are going to come into this trial if their credibility is challenged by the SA at any point while they are on the stand. The horse has left the barn....

I am getting confused here. Are you saying that the state has put in a motion for reciprocal discovery from the defense? Are they actually saying that the defense is withholding discovery? If so, I wonder when the hearing on that will be.

From what I gathered today, it is the defense asking for discovery and that is what is on the table. I heard no discussion of the defense withholding discovery. I hope that is on the table for another day.

I agree with you in that the defense should turn over all discovery, what is fair is fair.

I think there is something missing with the sunshine law. I do not believe for one second that the state turns over everything. I think they can keep it if they are still looking into it. I will give an example. Yuri mentioned in one of his reports that Rk's boss gave him Rk's employment records and routes. Yuri stated that Rk had ran his route in Sept and October, but Rk stated that it was August and November. Clearly a contradiction. Due to what went on on October 9th with the screaming child, I went to look for Rk records. It is not there and they have not turned it over. That is just one example.

There is an entire thread on what evidence is missing.

I think this tit for tat on discovery is tiresome. The state and its experts will have to eventually turn over all discovery in the end. What a waste of time and money. IMO

NTS, I don't want to go O/T, but I don't want to leave anyone following this thread with the impression that the part in bold is true. I will put the links on your visitor messages.

See, this is what I don't understand. Yep, a fingerprint would be nice but I think we have something just as good: Casey was the last person to seen with Caylee alive. She has to be able to say what happened to her next. And it has to be believable.

I think you're right that they don't even have a solid strategy yet. Their hot potato is Casey's having had complete charge of Caylee up to and including the time of her death.

I don't think any of these motions are going to help them in this area.

BBM. Bottom-line.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Guess I better get ready for Conway's "spin" on things. :rolleyes:

I wondered why they were in such a hurry to get out of there and said soooo little on the way to the car. Not like old CA at all...

Is it just me or is it very difficult to see GA or CA touch or appear "comfortably familiar" with each other - with all we have been exposed to by the glass house they have been living in for the last 2 years. In the beginning they were so obviously estranged - then as time went on they started looking like they were supporting each other somewhat.

With the developments of the last couple months I cringe just seeing them sitting next to each other. I just can't stand it...

:sick: :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member