2010.05.10 - Paralegal passes note to female corrections officer at Casey's hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong, but I think the paralegal is actually Baez's daughter. She worked for him at one time, right after she got out of college and I saw a picture of her someplace. Anyone else remember anything about this? His daughter's name is Christina, you can find her on Facebook under the UF Alum '09. It says she lives in Miami. I don't know if it is okay to link that, but please take a look and tell me if that is the same person that was sitting with Casey the other day. Looks like it to me!!

OT but you bringing up Christina living in Miami made me think of something. Maybe the reason Baez wants Dade County is so he can save on expenses by staying with her while they pick a jury.:D

:sleuth: Bumping this thread, wondering if this is the card in question?

How do these people get away with EVERYTHING in this case???
If that was 1 of us, we would be in jail with ICA.

I think we may be oversleuthing this one. I don't know, but a note passed between a paralegal and a guard or bailiff is probably more some sort of routine "procedural or housekeeping" task than anything nefarious. It could have been a request to reserve some space for a client conference right after the hearing. It could have been a request of some sort to be sent back to the jail with the prisoner. It could be almost anything. heck it could even be the paralegal making a pass at the guard and giving them her phone number?

Heck, why would the defense need to write notes to be passed through the guards? We've seen them texting back in forth throughout hearings, including some we suspect were rather obviously between the defense team and the A's lawyers while in the court room?

I think we may be oversleuthing this one. I don't know, but a note passed between a paralegal and a guard or bailiff is probably more some sort of routine "procedural or housekeeping" task than anything nefarious. It could have been a request to reserve some space for a client conference right after the hearing. It could have been a request of some sort to be sent back to the jail with the prisoner. It could be almost anything. heck it could even be the paralegal making a pass at the guard and giving them her phone number?

Heck, why would the defense need to write notes to be passed through the guards? We've seen them texting back in forth throughout hearings, including some we suspect were rather obviously between the defense team and the A's lawyers while in the court room?

Plus don't we have to respect the fact that they know how to do their jobs? SA is sitting right there, and the judge, so if there were a problem I do not think much would get past this judge. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member