2010.05.21 Document Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, someone see if I am getting this correct:
Page 376 says *latent item* item number is Q242 (JOYPATH or someone is latent item indicating a latent print or what does this terminology mean????)
Page 384 describes Q242 as Knife!!!!!!!! (My guess the steak knife) which doesn't prove what the knife was used for - but could be the latent print that keeps getting buzzed around? BTW- page 383 says the following were from the car - so this would be a knife from the car.
Someone page pathology please - what is the definition of latent item?
http://www.wesh.com/download/2010/0521/23631419.pdf

PAGE 390 refers to this item# too and says, " Double well slide" <-------- so, what is that?

The things I found kind of interesting:

... pp 14384, 14408: The hairs from the trashbag, trunk liner, and trunk, that Dr. Lee found (OSCO collected them and sent them in to the lab). Discussion of them having the presence of grave wax, coffin flies. FBI Tampa saying to FBI Lab, we know the hairs don't show decomp, but since they were found in grave wax, please check to see if they match Caylee's hair ...

snipped to address ...

If I'm reading this right, Dr Lee actually found more evidence that will HELP the prosecution? ... it would be really interesting if any of the hair is KC's ... how's the defense going to explain grave wax on her hair ?? :waitasec:

So, someone see if I am getting this correct:
Page 376 says *latent item* item number is Q242 (JOYPATH or someone is latent item indicating a latent print or what does this terminology mean????)
Page 384 describes Q242 as Knife!!!!!!!! (My guess the steak knife) which doesn't prove what the knife was used for - but could be the latent print that keeps getting buzzed around? BTW- page 383 says the following were from the car - so this would be a knife from the car.
Someone page pathology please - what is the definition of latent item?

PAGE 390 refers to this item# too and says, " Double well slide" <-------- so, what is that?

BBM: ANJ - I believe they are asking the lab to search for fingerprints - period. Here is the definition according to Wiki:

Although the word latent means hidden or invisible, in modern usage for forensic science the term latent prints means any chance of accidental impression left by friction ridge skin on a surface, regardless of whether it is visible or invisible at the time of deposition. Electronic, chemical and physical processing techniques permit visualization of invisible latent print residue whether they are from natural secretions of the eccrine glands present on friction ridge skin (which produce palmar sweat, consisting primarily of water with various salts and organic compounds in solution), or whether the impression is in a contaminant such as motor oil, blood, paint, ink, etc. There are different types of fingerprint patterns such as an arch, tented arch, a loop, and a whorl. Each indicate what type of fingerprint it is.

Latent prints may exhibit only a small portion of the surface of the finger and may be smudged, distorted, overlapping, or any combination, depending on how they were deposited. For these reasons, latent prints are an “inevitable source of error in making comparisons,” as they generally “contain less clarity, less content, and less undistorted information than a fingerprint taken under controlled conditions, and much, much less detail compared to the actual patterns of ridges and grooves of a finger.”[6]

Swag! We had nearly the same list. I found their conclusion that the shirt "Big Trouble" etc., was deliberately put on Caylee to be quite interesting. I wonder if that is one of the reasons they sought the death penalty - as it would indicate premeditation and motive. I also found that quite a few items of KC's clothing flouresced under alternative lighting as well. IIRC those were in her closet/bedroom - but with a small, not yet potty trained child, you would expect a mother's wardrobe to be covered in body fluids anyhow....well at least mine always were....other than that there wasn't anything new I found in these docs....

what I find extremely sad is that Caylee has been reduced to a bunch of numbers assigned to her tiny little bones.....I'm sure that wasn't lost on any of you either.....:furious:

No GMA Kat it hasn't been lost to me, nor do I think anyone else has missed this either! So incredibly heartbreaking...........:(

snipped to address ...

If I'm reading this right, Dr Lee actually found more evidence that will HELP the prosecution? ... it would be really interesting if any of the hair is KC's ... how's the defense going to explain grave wax on her hair ?? :waitasec:

I'm not sure, denjet, you could be right, although the hairs in the trash bag/on the napkins didn't sound like Casey's hair, there was a blond one and a short dark one (the dark one could be hers...) It will be interesting to hear what comes out

snipped to address ...

Very interesting. I was very interested in a comment he made once on Nancy Grace . He explained that sometimes what he finds helps the defense, and sometimes it winds up helping the prosecution.

Here is a snipet of it: December 15, 2008 Dr. Lee says he is indeed working Pro Bono:
"GRACE: Tonight, a stunning discovery allegedly of a trail of bones leading to a child`s skull. All of this just 15 homes away from grandparents George and Cindy`s home.

Straight out to special guest joining us right now, famed forensic pathologist Dr. Henry Lee. He is a forensic scientist and a consultant on the Anthony defense team. Dr. Lee, thank you for being with us. Dr. Lee, what have you heard regarding a trail of bones leading to the child`s skull?

DR. HENRY LEE, FORENSIC SCIENTIST, CONSULTANT TO DEFENSE TEAM: That`s the first time I heard. We were in Florida yesterday. However, as you know, the coroner (ph) did not judge (ph) did not prove that. So the other defense expert, we did not have chance to observe, nor examine anything.

GRACE: Dr. Henry Lee, everyone, famed forensic scientist, is on the Anthony defense team. Dr. Lee, you are saying the judge denied a particular motion. Was that to allow you and other defense experts on the scene while police were processing it?

LEE: Not exactly observe. Not really join examination. But many time, you know, like (ph) cases, most of time, they allow for defense expert to observe. Some of the time, we even join together, work on the searching (ph) of the remain or search of the trace evidence.

GRACE: To Sheryl McCollum joining us tonight, crime analyst and director of the cold case squad at Pine Lake Police Department. Sheryl, I find that highly unusual, that defense experts are at the initial processing of the scene? No way!

SHERYL MCCOLLUM, CRIME ANALYST: No way. With all due respect to Dr. Lee -- and I`ve trained under Dr. Lee -- no way are they going to be on my crime scene. They`re not necessary. They`re not needed.

GRACE: Back to Dr. Henry Lee, who, as you all know, is a famed forensic scientist on the Anthony defense team. Dr. Lee, I`ve just got to ask you, you know, tot mom Casey Anthony was siphoning gasoline from her family`s car to fill up her own tank. How the heck are you getting paid? I`m sure you`re costing a pretty penny. Dr. Lee does not come cheap.

LEE: No, we did not get any pay for that and for -- I`ll say, you know, this country, as you know, everybody entitled a defense. And many forensic experts, we do pro bono cases and that`s our obligation to our profession. As an expert, we look at evidence, doesn`t matter inculpatory, exculpatory, we report (ph) as it is. I don`t think should be labeled as a defense expert going to just for defense. Many time, found more evidence, inculpatory evidence, than the police found. There -- you know, case history, case example, many time we`re allowed to work on the case together. Many of my cases, I let the defense expert observe. It`s nothing wrong.

GRACE: So Dr. Lee...

LEE: Nothing unusual.

GRACE: Dr. Lee, are you telling me that you are working on the case pro bono, for free?

LEE: Yes."

pp 14441 -- here we see in the notes that if there ever was a heart sticker on the tape (Q63) it was at the end of the tape, not over the mouth as was so widely reported.

You are such a good, good guy.I sure am glad you are always careful. It matters. Thank you for all you do here!!! Please let us know when you need more money,it is not fair that you should pay for these docs out of your own money, especially since the cost is so ongoing.

In the words of the Honorable Judge Stan Stickland, "Rule and Roll" Judge Perry. Rule and Roll!!!

Off Topic.........!!
If you are not known by Alejandra at Insessions-- FYI...your posts are being copied from here and posted over there... :wink:

HL only found one hair.....not hairs.

exactly ...... another emblishment from JBs lips.

Also, from pages 254-256, the state asked on 2.18.09 for the FBI to retest these items; Q59-Q62, which were the items removed from the truck of the car while HL was there. I don't believe we have seen these reports yet of the retest results.

It should be noted here, that these Q numbers were also used when Caylee's remains were found but the FBI has stated this with explanation.

If Caylee was always healthy, KC would need a thermometer in her car for what purpose? Checking her basal body temperature for ovulation?

Edit-this thermometer came from CA's home, not the car

Hi Pensfan :)

Just thinking...

Maybe thermometer was in KC car or remains site, and KC took it in to the As house before 911 calls? Only reason I can think of, and I hate saying this but, body temperature drops 1+ degree per hour at death. Maybe KC wanted make sure Caylee was passed for sure? I'm probably way off base, but it crossed my mind.

Over the last couple of days, I spent time looking over log pages looking for different items. Every list has 'piece of black plastic' over and over again - lots of pieces of black plastic. So, I was thinking :waitasec:, 'what are they going to do with all those pieces of black plastic (surely they can't piece them back together). Today, while reading the docs., I found the answer ~ they were testing them for latent prints. LE is being very careful to check every piece of evidence for prints that, if found, could support the SODDI theory. As someone pointed out earlier, they tested the Dora backpack, wipe package, bed pump and flat iron plug (because CA said that belonged to Zanny) to be sure there were no foreign prints on them. (We haven't seen the results have we?)

IMO we still haven't seen the reports that give the results of all of the tests that have been conducted. I don't know the rules pertaining to what the SA must reveal, when and how regarding the concrete evidence they obtained by their testing.

One thing I was happy to see was a sketch that shows the lanes, 1 thru 13, that the remains area was divided up into. Lane 4 was where the skull was found and Lane 8 is where they located the vertabrae. (wftv pdf. 355/586).

Something I'm curious about is what is inside the Hershey's candy wrapper - "Q188 is the contents of a chocolate bar (supposedly) seeping from its wrapper (Q187) which is stuck to the plastic bag (Q186).
Shoot, I didn't write down the page number - it was in the 500's.

Also I had not realized that GA had changed his story about where the trash bag was originally found - he clearly stated it had been in the trunk of the Pontiac because it was thrown into the dumpster at the towyard and YM had to go and retrieve it from the dumpster. :waitasec: GA emphasized how bad the trunk smelled and described how the towyard worker picked the bag up and threw it into the dumpster.
How and why would GA later claim the bag had been in the passenger section of the car? Ridiculous.

Still waiting... We have seen the lists. I wanna see the results of the tests. Quote me from a post I made over a year ago... "I think there is a print SOMEWHERE".

I wish I had the forethought of keeping track of all the samples by ID #'s....and then be able to write a blurb when each of the results came in, so to be able to see which are still missing...hindsight is 20/20.

Here are some of the interesting things I found....

Page 414.....5/6/09....blah, blah, blah....."(lab person's name) may have in notes which pieces are which Q's, but (lab person's name) doesn't have specifics. (lab person's name) "didn't initial all in order to preserve latents"

Page 415...7/8/09...."will swab int. for blood of syringe and plunger" (didn't know this was done???)

Page 562...Swabs from gas can and oil pan (don't remember results or if released)

Page 582....3/4/09....OCSO lift latents and then processed them.....so items not submitted to (something) as previously discussed. Also about defense requesting bench notes, etc. And, the two "OTHER" pieces of duct tape not being similar to those on the skull....are these the ones that everyone is making such a big stink about being "dissimilar" from the other ones??? If that's the case, seems like a non-issue to me.

AND, on Pages 400, 401, etc...there are particular notes for certain pieces of black plastic...like for Q111, Q117, etc....there's a note to the analyst that "TP/ORA is interested in the processing of the black plastic from this submission"....perhaps those found inside material bag found with remains??

Swag! We had nearly the same list. I found their conclusion that the shirt "Big Trouble" etc., was deliberately put on Caylee to be quite interesting. I wonder if that is one of the reasons they sought the death penalty - as it would indicate premeditation and motive. I also found that quite a few items of KC's clothing flouresced under alternative lighting as well. IIRC those were in her closet/bedroom - but with a small, not yet potty trained child, you would expect a mother's wardrobe to be covered in body fluids anyhow....well at least mine always were....other than that there wasn't anything new I found in these docs....

what I find extremely sad is that Caylee has been reduced to a bunch of numbers assigned to her tiny little bones.....I'm sure that wasn't lost on any of you either.....:furious:

Please forgive my ignorance, I'm learning a lot by reading everyone's posts and comments. Just curious about something regarding Gma Kat's statement above (bold mine) ... if the clothing LE tested from the closet fluoresced, wouldn't the clothes from the car that CA washed (KC's pants) fluoresce also? Surely, the clothes LE tested that fluoresced weren't all hanging in the closet "dirty?" Or, perhaps they were found just tossed on the bed or in a corner of the room.

Like from a missing "nanny". No seriously, I've always wondered if that person (whoever it is) might be dead also, that that might have something to do with Casey or others not talking. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has wondered that. One theory anyway

If there was a "missing" Nanny, I am sure she would have family...or friends that would have come forward at this point. According to KC, the nanny's mom lived in the Orlando area. So..surely this mother would have come forward to report her daughter missing....I mean, don't most mothers do that? Unless they are KC, that is.

pg 53 4 toothbrushes belonging to Caylee
to me thats a lot of toothbrushes I have a 16 month old and he has 1

My 3 year old has 3 tooth brushes. Usually because when we are traveling we realize at the last minute that we forgot his. One of them we bought because it was just so cool and lit up. So I don't think it is too odd...especially since KC and Caylee often stayed over peoples houses. MOO

snipped to address ...

It came from the dead animal in the car?:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member