2010.06.19 ~ Kyron Horman's Blended Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article stated that, "Somebody had to take care of the baby. Terri just moved in to take care of the baby."

I have thoroughly researched this topic (lol) and I can't seem to find when the state of Oregon required single female babysitters to move in with their single male employer? Somebody help me out here. :waitasec:

"Kyron moved in full time with his dad, now 36, an engineer at Intel. With a demanding job at the company's Jones Farm campus in Hillsboro, where he works in the architecture group,"

Does anyone have any information as to whether Kaine is back at work ...or is he 100% focused on recovering Kyron?

The article stated that, "Somebody had to take care of the baby. Terri just moved in to take care of the baby."

I have thoroughly researched this topic (lol) and I can't seem to find when the state of Oregon required single female babysitters to move in with their single male employer? Somebody help me out here. :waitasec:

If 50% of all marriages dissolve and blended families are the end result there after...who are we to judge how and when they blend?

If 50% of all marriages dissolve and blended families are the end result there after...who are we to judge how and when they blend?
(Respectfully) When my tax dollars have to pay for many additional law enforcement workers, welfare payments, psychiatric inpatient and outpatient care, social workers, special education, prisons, and etc... for children/adults that might have been mentally, physically or emotionally injured by "unhealthy blending"/unhealthy families, I have every right to judge. I am taxed to pay for some of the damage.

I have this to say...There is so much we do not know. I think we are going to be really surprised when everything comes out if it ever does!

(Respectfully) When my tax dollars have to pay for many additional law enforcement workers, welfare payments, psychiatric inpatient and outpatient care, social workers, special education, prisons, and etc... for children/adults that might have been mentally, physically or emotionally injured by "unhealthy blending"/unhealthy families, I have every right to judge. I am taxed to pay for some of the damage.

I respect that...but, those same tax dollars can & will go to pay for the very same things of some "united" families as well.

I think it should also be noted that we do not have any proof that any of our tax dollars have gone to any one of the above mentioned because of the Horman family either.

Using this SM's thought regarding babysitters' housing , if David Duchovny needs a babysitter...
“STAY OUT OF MY WAY, LADIES!!!!!”

californication_narrowweb__300x407,0.jpg

Pensfan,

Yes, I can see how you would be highly annoyed that some of your tax dollars made their way to Dave's rehab center.

That was your point, right? :waitasec:

Let me offer this perspective on a blended family. My husband has son from a previous relationship. My step-son lives with his Mom in another state, and visits with us as often as possible during summers and holidays. We also have a son together.

This blended arrangement may have worked well for Kyron’s family, but from own my experiences as a step-mother (and having heard it from others) there was very likely to be conflict as well. Conflict doesn’t mean that someone did the unthinkable..it just means that as we come to better understand this family, we should be prepared to find that it was neither the picture perfect blended family nor completely dysfunctional. Real life hangs in the messy grey areas.

Control is a major issue in blended families. TH and Kaine may have raised Kyron, and he may have thought of TH as his “mom”, but inevitably, as the step-mother she probably had far less control over consequential decisions that impact Kyron, her day-to-day life with Kyron, and the quality of life of her other child. TH’s daughter has only two parents – Kaine and TH – while Kyron had the resources and support of four parents. Decisions about family vacations, weekend trips, etc. would all have to be constrained by the visitation schedule dictated by Kyron’s bio Mom and Dad. Big decisions in Kyron’s life probably needed the input of the bio Mom. If she and TH didn’t agree, whose opinion mattered more? If the situation ever changed and Kyron went to live with his bio Mom, TH and Kaine would likely have had to pay child support.

As a step-mother who loves her step-son very much, I can tell you that the lack of control over that his welfare, and my secondary status as one of his “parents”, prevents me from being as close to that child as I am to my own biological child. I feel for TH…as good of a mother as she may have tried to be to this boy, she would never fully be his “mother”. I became more aware of this painful distinction when my own child was born…I wouldn’t be surprised if cracks in this blended family relationship began to surface when TH’s daughter was born.

None of this is to say that a family member did it (though I do have strong suspicions about the step-mother and Kaine) or that if a family member harmed him, that it was somehow excusable or understandable. I do think that step-parent relationships are complicated and that even the best of step-parents can feel resentful of their step-children at some point.

Usually your friends know exactly why you filed for divorce and they don't want any part of your ex's "issues" either. They have heard alllllll about his faults from the best source, his wife who is their trusted friend.

When Desiree returned from receiving medical treatment in Canada (huh?), Kyron did not remain in her primary custody. This may have also caused some "non-blending" disharmony.

IMO, this article is really slanted to positively portray both families. There are some facts that are incorrectly stated and other important facts that are omitted.

[bbm]

such as?

OK Thread Title- Kyron Horman's Blended Family.

Take General Blended Family discussion to a thread in the Jury Room..... Let's get On topic here.

It seems unusual that the first husband who failed to pay child support and whose child was adopted by another man is the custodial parent all of a sudden.

I respect that...but, those same tax dollars can & will go to pay for the very same things of some "united" families as well.

I think it should also be noted that we do not have any proof that any of our tax dollars have gone to any one of the above mentioned because of the Horman family either.
Do you suppose that the Horman family paid for the largest search and rescue effort to have ever occurred in the USA?

Therefore, we know that the Hormon family has used tax dollars to help with the result of their/or a member of their family's "issues"..... which happened to be blended, but they could have been non-blended. ( I, along with most people, am very happy that tax dollars are used to search for the missing.)

well, I'm glad to have read the article
but it doesn't change my mind about who I think is responsible for Kyron's disappearance

I wonder why all the quotes in the article are people who are connected to Terri and Kaine Horman's side of the family. No friends and relatives of Desiree and Tony are quoted although they're an important part of Kyron's blended family as well.

Pensfan,

Yes, I can see how you would be highly annoyed that some of your tax dollars made their way to Dave's rehab center.

That was your point, right? :waitasec:
Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone that I was disappointed that I couldn't be the "therapist"...hehe

It seems unusual that the first husband who failed to pay child support and whose child was adopted by another man is the custodial parent all of a sudden.

That IS odd. :waitasec: Of course,the older child moving out just months before a younger child goes missing is a tad suspicious in and of itself. Add in where he moved to ,first the grandparents,then to biodad's and it seems unplanned. Just going from home to home. Hmmmm.

Do you suppose that the Horman family paid for the largest search and rescue effort to have ever occurred in the USA?

I thought I read it was the largest in the state of Oregon...not the USA...?

Therefore, we know that the Hormon family has used tax dollars to help with the result of their/or a member of their family's "issues"..... which happened to be blended, but they could have been non-blended. ( I, along with most people, am very happy that tax dollars are used to search for the missing.)

I am as well...

I had a small, two door vehicle when my oldest daughter was born (8 years ago). Two months of lifting a rear facing infant seat in and out was enough for me. I find it interesting that somebody with a small child (and presumably trying for another) would buy a Mustang.

Discuss the facts listed in this article. No assumptions please. And the best car I ever had was a red Mustang so don't generalize about people who own red Mustangs or any other of the family dynamics! Some of the red Mustang owner comments I saw a few days ago didn't describe me at ALL so don't be putting their lives in a box.

This thread will be closed faster than a hot potato if rumors and gossip abound.

Do not bring undocumented information in. If it hasn't been printed in mainstream media it isn't discussed.

BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member