2010.06.21 Status Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now I am wondering if this copy that is on RH site is the motion Cheney ORIGINALLY planned to file......but NOW that he has heard testimony given by those who were deposed ("uhoh...")....if maybe a "rework" or ummmm..."flip flop" amended copy is being worked on for filing....???

Will be interesting to compare both copies when the actual motion is filed....

I am really confused about this...

In the Today's News thread the docket calendar indicates TODAY, June 22, 2010 a response was filed by the defense. :waitasec:

So now I am wondering if this copy that is on RH site is the motion Cheney ORIGINALLY planned to file......but NOW that he has heard testimony given by those who were deposed ("uhoh...")....if maybe a "rework" or ummmm..."flip flop" amended copy is being worked on for filing....???

Will be interesting to compare both copies when the actual motion is filed....

So good to see you Kent, we need you and Sleutherontheside here!!! I too want to compare. There better not be one substantive change in that recorded document or that is going to look even worse for Cheney. The state cannot stand in front of the judge and argue against certain points in one motion, then have the defense go change it up after the fact, not on this judge's watch. I would shudder to think how that would go over with the judge.

So good to see you Kent, we need you and Sleutherontheside here!!! I too want to compare. There better not be one substantive change in that recorded document or that is going to look even worse for Cheney. The state cannot stand in front of the judge and argue against certain points in one motion, then have the defense go change it up after the fact, not on this judge's watch. I would shudder to think how that would go over with the judge.

I am about fed up with these motions that are released to the media before they are filed with the clerk. grrrr!!

The last one that was released to the media early WAS changed. For all we know, the one released on Friday is nothing like the one filed today. Especially since it is docketed AFTER the darn hearing where CM argued his points in re. excited utterance & spontaneous statement exceptions.

LDB informed him at the hearing yesterday that they were misunderstanding the State's arguments. For all we know, he read Hornsby's blog and changed every bit of the motion. Now, I REALLY want to see the motion that was FILED.

And JB and crew :doh: thought they could pull a fast one on us WS's and the SA's office releasing an early version of a non-filed motion June 18, 10.

:hand: Not a snowballs chance in ............ my area today. Even the heat here couldn't stop me from seeing the event for what it was.

I do not think he would be foolish enough to do that, make changes. I was just kidding around. He has been practicing law over 30 years, isn't that what he said? Baez maybe. I am however, shocked that he did not at least read every police interview and depo Cindy had given (I of course don't expect that he knows of every other public comment), but her statements under oath, damn right he should have read every one of those before firing off a motion of what new things she said.

Do you all remember how he used to fire up on Baez BEFORE HE JOINED THE TEAM?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18268796/detail.html

EXPERTS DISCUSS DISCOVERY OF REMAINS subheading

Defense attorney Cheney Mason said claims made by Casey Anthony and Baez that Caylee was alive will now work against them at trial.

"Then all the talking, all the press interviews and the parents going on this show and that show and the lawyer going on different shows establishes they have no credibility whatsoever," Mason said.

"You can pretty well predict there's going to be a life sentence, either a plea and get it over with or have a circus trial and then be convicted and get life," Mason said.

Attorneys Discuss Trial Options In Casey Anthony Murder Case ...
defense attorney Cheney Mason said. .... You have George (Anthony, Casey Anthony's father), who used to be a deputy, and says it smelled like a ..
www.clickorlando.com/news/18025942/detail.html - Cached - Similar (scroll down to read entire article to include Mark Nejame's comments)

If the case did get to a jury, Pipitone asked Mason if he thought her attorneys would put her on the stand.

"Knowing what I know at this time, there's not a snowball's chance you know where I put her on the witness stand," Mason said.

"Why is that?" Pipitone said.

"Well, because there's so much to cross-examine her about," Mason said.

You just can't make this stuff up!!!

I am about fed up with these motions that are released to the media before they are filed with the clerk. grrrr!!

The last one that was released to the media early WAS changed. For all we know, the one released on Friday is nothing like the one filed today. Especially since it is docketed AFTER the darn hearing where CM argued his points in re. excited utterance & spontaneous statement exceptions.
LDB informed him at the hearing yesterday that they were misunderstanding the State's arguments. For all we know, he read Hornsby's blog and changed every bit of the motion. Now, I REALLY want to see the motion that was FILED.

See? No longer confused! :woohoo:

I can't wait to see it yet either!!! Any word on *anyone* procuring a copy from the courthouse???? :waitasec:

Don't both sides have the opportunity to be present for depositions? Is it possible that a rep of the prosecutors office was present during these depositions, or am I confusing this with something else?

Thought this issue was brought up (on forum) during the talk of impending Dominic Casey deposition...that Baez had every right to be there unless the SA issued an investigative subpoena, which is what they did....so no go Baezo....?

Yes, provided they are one someone's witness list.

MuzikMan has gone to the courthouse and got a copy of the FILED copy of the Defense Motion re: 911 calls - MM says the FILED Motion is the same as the Motion posted on RH's site.
I still don't know why Mason LIED to Judge Perry yesterday, when Mason clearly told the Judge that he had filed the Motion on FRIDAY??!!

MuzikMan has gone to the courthouse and got a copy of the FILED copy of the Defense Motion re: 911 calls - MM says the FILED Motion is the same as the Motion posted on RH's site.
I still don't know why Mason LIED to Judge Perry yesterday, when Mason clearly told the Judge that he had filed the Motion on FRIDAY??!!

This is the same guy that filed a document with an expired Notary stamp and didn't notice. Very poor attention to details.
I'm just glad he's working for KC and not me..

Mason did file it on Friday.....with the media. You can't expect the almost retired older man to remember those pesky little details of filing it with the court first can you?!?! :innocent:

MM got this copy and posted it on his docstoc site
2010.06.18 Defense Reply to SA Response Regarding Admissibility of 911 Calls (Filed version)

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4453441...se-Regarding-Admissibility-of-911-Calls_FILED

This document boggles my mind, in that doesn't the defense know that CA made that 3rd 911 call AFTER she found out at the house that KC admitted to LA that she hadn't seen Caylee in 31 days? After CA screamed "what have you done?" to KC, she EXCITEDLY called 911 because I believe at that time she was scared out of her wits, and KNEW that that child was dead. Hence, the excited utterance about the dead body smell.

MOO

This document boggles my mind, in that doesn't the defense know that CA made that 3rd 911 call AFTER she found out at the house that KC admitted to LA that she hadn't seen Caylee in 31 days? After CA screamed "what have you done?" to KC, she EXCITEDLY called 911 because I believe at that time she was scared out of her wits, and KNEW that that child was dead. Hence, the excited utterance about the dead body smell.

MOO

ITA with what you stated...also keep in mind that when kc told her she was "kidnapped" I think things started appearing more scary to her--at that point she called in the panic--things hit her all at once

ITA with what you stated...also keep in mind that when kc told her she was "kidnapped" I think things started appearing more scary to her--at that point she called in the panic--things hit her all at once

That's true. It kind of makes you wonder if Casey had said, "Mom, it was an accident, Caylee is dead, I'm sorry", would there have been a 911 call at all? It seems like only the thought of someone else taking Caylee really scared Cindy.

Think I see one of our own WSers kittycorner to LDB...Amil? Maybe?

I was not at the courthouse! Must have been someone else. Anyone know where Southern Brunette is? Did the baby get here safely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels