2010.06.30 - Ex husband on WW

IMO if she is/was having an affair could be very important. Could be the reason she lied about where she was Friday morning 6/4. Also, the person she is seeing could be directly involved with Kyron's disappearance. Anyone else think this could be why Sauvie island is so important?

Is the ex-husband interviewed the older son's natural father or the dad that adopted him(first or second husband)?

IMO the last thing a teen wants to do is change high schools. There must have really been some issues going on.

BBM

I agree. I imagine that it would be extremely difficult for a teen (or any child for that matter) to switch schools 3/4 of the way through the school year.

Also, IIRC, Tarver is his biological father.

Roseburg High School was still in session at that time. In fact, finals were that week. Why would J miss the last week of school and finals for a "pre-planned week-long visit" at his mother's?

As far as the Terri "cheating" thing goes, I hardly think Kaine would be surprised by such a thing if it did in fact happen. I also don't think he could get an abuse prevention RO on that basis - unless, of course, he confronted Terri about it and she flipped out and threatened or attacked him or the children. The judge doesn't take your children away and issue a restraining order because you're having an extramarital affair - they issue an RO because you are a potential threat to your children or spouse.

Did anyone notice that the article says that J lived with his grandparents, no mention of him living with Tarver. Weren't we informed somewhere else that he lived with grandparents and then moved in with Tarver?

It also doesn't say that J attended Roseburg High School. I googled high schools around Roseburg and came up with a couple alternative school and a couple of private school. They could possibly also live in an unincorporated area of Roseburg and sit on the school district lines, therefore they could have a Roseburg address, but the the school district is a neighboring towns. JMO

in the comments below the article some people are talking about the camping trip.

I keep seeing people talk about Terri cheating, having an affair, etc., and that it's somehow related to Kyron's disappearance. Did I miss something? Has Terri been having an affair? Is there something to indicate it I'm not seeing?

TIA

It's just speculating. Also, a website that cannot be named had a long post theorizing that a jilted lover (not a hypothetical person -- they named a name and showed houses and addresses) took Kyron to get back at TH. Both scenarios seem to explain a lot of the (rumored) data, but as far as I know there isn't a shred of evidence.

I'm not seeing that in the article.

“I don’t know [what she’s capable of doing],” says Tarver, standing with his current wife, Angela Rockwood, outside their house in this Southern Oregon town of 21,000 people.

I'm not seeing that in the article.
No I don't see that either. I think he says he "does not know what she is capable of. " That is even worse LOL.
although he does qualify it somewhat with “I just have a hard time believing anyone would be capable of doing that.” But I notice he says 'anyone" and not TH.

The words within the brackets were inserted by the reporter. For what reason, I have no idea. The only thing Tarver actually stated there was "I don't know".

The reporter probably asked a question like, "Is she capable of something like that?" to which Tarver replied, "I don't know." Then editorialized for clarity, which might or might not be accurate, depending on what the question actually was.

It's a great technique for putting words into people's mouths.

WS TOS does not permit naming a minor, even when they appear in the media, fwiw folks. So when you are copy pasting or snipping from an article, please edit the name of the child....not Kyron obviously, but his siblings and friends.

JMOO---added for a theory only---pure thinking out loud

When I was Kyron's age, or thereabouts, I discovered that my stepmom was cheating on my father.

His friend was always calling when dad was not home, stopping by when he was gone, etc... I just knew as a kid he was there a lot.

I can remember how mad my stepmom got whenever I mentioned to my dad that his friend had been over. It happened a lot and eventually it was what got her caught. I was the reason she was caught.

He doesn't have an opinion that he's voicing about TH being involved with Kyron's disappearance in this article. He didn't give a definitive answer at all.

As far as we all knew Terri's older son was supposed to be camping that weekend with his father. Why are we now reading that he arrived at the Horman residence the day after Kyron went missing? Confused now.

SBM

"Tarver says on June 8, four days after Kyron disappeared, J called him from the Hormans’ house and mentioned Terri Moulton Horman had taken a polygraph test. It’s been reported that she has since taken a second polygraph. What hasn’t been publicly confirmed until now is that authorities were already focusing on her so soon after Kyron vanished.

Tarver says when James mentioned the polygraph to him over the phone, he heard Terri Moulton Horman begin yelling in the background to be quiet and not reveal anything more. Given the intense media scrutiny, the family agreed J should return to Roseburg, Tarver says.

“It was a zoo, so we got him out of there,” Tarver says. “It’s just been devastating for the whole family. Obviously, the longer it drags on, the less chance there is for a happy ending.”

http://wweek.com/editorial/3634/14214/

I've seen this snip posted several time, but I am not seeing the above in the link posted with it. Am I going crazy?

I've seen this snip posted several time, but I am not seeing the above in the link posted with it. Am I going crazy?

You have to scroll way down the page to see the rest of the article. I didn't see it at first either.

You have to scroll way down the page to see the rest of the article. I didn't see it at first either.

Ok thanks. Whew that means I'm not crazy, just need more coffee.

As far as the cheating theory and that TH could've been having a rendezvous with her lover maybe on SI...:waitasec:so, wouldn't you think TH or the Lover would speak up as an eye witness that Kyron was NOT with her?

To me, if I were in the spotlight for the disappearance of my stepson you better believe I'd be making a public announcement to confess my adultering ways and clear myself.

Found the comments about the camping trip. Ok, so it appears that Terri's mom, along with getting the length of time KH and TH were together and married wrong, got the camping trip wrong as well.

Wow. Ok...the ex he brings up the point that I have been considering since the divorce filing news...maybe during the course of this investigation maybe there is another "relationship" going on that was revealed on the island. Cheaters, cheat. That would probably lead someone to file to a divorce pretty quick. There was a confrontation...got heated and lead to the 911 calls...

JMO.

I thought that at first too - maybe there's another man in the picture...

“I don’t know [what she’s capable of doing],” says Tarver, standing with his current wife, Angela Rockwood, outside their house in this Southern Oregon town of 21,000 people.

“We’re not blind. Obviously they’re zeroing in on Terri,” Tarver says. “I just have a hard time believing anyone would be capable of doing that.”

I really like the words he chose in this article. No one is ever truly capable of knowing what another person is capable of doing.... and I ALSO would have a hard time believing that someone could be capable of doing something like what we're all fearing is the worst case. (especially TMH a mother herself, who also raised him from birth) BUT, it happens all the time...if mothers can kill their own children, a step-mother would certainly be capable of killing their step-child.

I am just so anxious for some answers so (1) most importantly they can find Kyron; (2) they can find who did something to/with him; and (3) we can all stop speculating whether she had something to do with it....because she either did or she didn't. Time will hopefully tell.

As far as the cheating theory and that TH could've been having a rendezvous with her lover maybe on SI...:waitasec:so, wouldn't you think TH or the Lover would speak up as an eye witness that Kyron was NOT with her?

To me, if I were in the spotlight for the disappearance of my stepson you better believe I'd be making a public announcement to confess my adultering ways and clear myself.

I'm with you, mia. Much better to be seen as an adulterer than a possible child killer. MOO

I'm not finding any camping trip info either. Can you clarify, nurseratchett?

TIA

Hi BeanE

You have to scroll down after the first part of the article to below the jump/advertisment, then in the 4th line down you'll see the following sentence:

"The day after Kyron vanished, Tarver says, J***** went to the Hormans’ house for a previously planned weeklong visit"

That week-long "preplanned" visit makes no sense - as others have pointed out, the school year wasn't over yet. Does anyone have any info on when high school in Roseburg let out for the summer? I assume there would have been at least another week or two of school before summer break. Who plans a "week-long' visit anywhere during the last week or two of school? Makes no sense.

I also noticed, as did others, that there was no mention of the Boy Scout camping trip that we were told about early on. Does anyone remember the source of that info? TIA!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93
Back