2010.07.01 Cheney Takes on Another Major Case - Jim Greer

Maybe, because as I recall he was doing this case as his last act before retirement.

CM is just thinking about his reputation and legacy in the legal world!:waitasec: You know the old saying about "you'll be remembered for your last performance"-it's true! If ICA is his last performance he will be remembered as a:loser:
AL and LKB jumped like rats leaving a sinking ship - they probably sweet-talked and suckered CM in so they could split.:floorlaugh:

It's only a little over 3 months until the start of KC's trial. There is no reason for CM to step down. In 5 months it will be over and done. Plenty of time to work on his other cases after the trial. He has to get the money in from somewhere. jmo

For an attorney that's hard of hearing and can't take the time to educate himself on key facts concerning this case, I'd say (by taking on these other high profile cases) that he's spreading himself a little too thin. Is he planning on walking away from the Anthony case or does he know a plea deal is likely ? Whatever the reason, the addition of these new cases seems strange to me.

Interesting that while Mason and Boan are representing the man in Windermere accused of child rape.......Ms. Boan http://www.boanlaw.com/about-us.html

In addition, she has served as a Senior Attorney for the Department of Children and Families in Kissimmee, Florida on behalf of the State of Florida where she litigated hundreds of cases to provide care, assistance, and permanency to child victims of abuse, abandonment, and neglect.

She has been a member of the Fl. Bar since 2004.

http://courtwatchflorida.blogspot.com/2010_06_01_archive.html

Defense Counsel Whitney Boan got a protocol lesson from the judge when she persistently remained seated during her numerous objections to questions asked by prosecutor Mark Interlicchio of his witnesses. Judge Conrad good-naturedly quipped, with tongue in cheek and a wry smile on his face, "I can't hear you while you're seated." He reminded me of a professor that was coaching his student to learn a valuable lesson.

Interesting that while Mason and Boan are representing the man in Windermere accused of child rape.......Ms. Boan http://www.boanlaw.com/about-us.html

In addition, she has served as a Senior Attorney for the Department of Children and Families in Kissimmee, Florida on behalf of the State of Florida where she litigated hundreds of cases to provide care, assistance, and permanency to child victims of abuse, abandonment, and neglect.

Defense Counsel Whitney Boan got a protocol lesson from the judge when she persistently remained seated during her numerous objections to questions asked by prosecutor Mark Interlicchio of his witnesses. Judge Conrad good-naturedly quipped, with tongue in cheek and a wry smile on his face, "I can't hear you while you're seated." He reminded me of a professor that was coaching his student to learn a valuable lesson.

Geez, she sounds like his protege or something...

CM is just thinking about his reputation and legacy in the legal world!:waitasec: You know the old saying about "you'll be remembered for your last performance"-it's true! If ICA is his last performance he will be remembered as a:loser:
AL and LKB jumped like rats leaving a sinking ship - they probably sweet-talked and suckered CM in so they could split.:floorlaugh:

I can't say that I would like to be remembered by his newest cases either, though ~

Good God, from the pan into the fire...

A man accused of killing a baby, and, the other, accused of rape of a child.

It's obvious that he is using these cases to cover expenses, and, as mentioned, to to distance himself from Casey Anthony, IMO.

Good Luck with that.

Well........this leaves me with a rather disgusting taste in my mouth and mind, IMO.

This woman, worked for the state of Florida in the capacity of defending children, etc, then, she goes to THIS???

I'm sorry ~ No, I'm not ~

For 5yrs, I worked as an intake therapist for Domestic Abuse and Violence Crisis Center for Women and Children.

For someone to go to such opposite extremes of the spectrum, after seeing the things that one sees when doing the kind of work that I did, and she did for the State, is just beyond me.

These things leave a scar on your mind and memory, that never leave.
I saw women beaten so badly that had I not been the one that went to the hospital to bring them to our shelter, or, to the police station to pick them up after having pictures taken for proof of the awful beatings that they had taken.....honest to God, it was like something you would think was movie made up makeup, some were accosted/beaten so terribly.

I know that "times are hard", and that her money situation would have been probably as high as it could go with the state......but......again.....money, over the life of a child.
Over the sacrifice of a child and what they went through????

I can only hope that there is a special place for her when her mark on society comes to an end on this earth.

My apologies to the mods if I've overstepped the bounderies, and, if I've misunderstood her prior creditionals and resume.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back