2010.07.01 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if that information was provided in response to one of the media's written questions ("Does Kyron have any medical issues/any birthmarks or scars or such?") Even if that's the case, seems like that info would have been helpful for the public to know right off the bat (goes into the ER with a bee sting reaction/is seen somewhere in public, crying with the birthmark prominent).

I guess going way out on a limb, could it be that TH and DY were trying to help give Terri an out, an idea for her to use where she could say an accident happened (stung and died before she could get help); if things were already rocky with TH, she could say she was terrified to tell him that his son died on her watch, so she panicked and disposed of him.

Not that they would actually believe that necessarily, but if it would make it easier for her to give up info leading to Kyron if she could claim an accident of some sort -- anything to get answers. Told you...way out there, but in the world of anything-is-possible, I suppose it could be.

Anyone who cared about finding this child would have said the first day for every Dr. office, clinic, and ER to be on the alert for any little boy brought in with a bee sting allergic reaction! That would have been the first thing to get out there! PLUS, a birthmark that shows up when a child is upset, crying or stressed is a far better identifying mark than hair color or weight or height which are subjective and perceived differently by different people. A birthmark is a whole lot harder to disguise than it is to change a child's clothing or hairstyle!

What I said was "as private citizens, KH & DY have the right to decide who reports the story of their missing son."

They in no way have the right to decide who reports on any story in this nation whether it involves them or not. We have freedom of the press in the United States.

They may exclude people from their press conference, which is an important distinction, but one has to naturally wonder why they would do that since they claim they want the focus upon finding Kyron and it is incredibly difficult to see how press exclusion accomplishes that.

Family Feels Kyron Is Alive Asks SM To Cooperate: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108243"]Family Feels Kyron Is Alive Asks SM To Cooperate - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The Strawberry birthmark and other things about Kyron: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108244"]The Strawberry birthmark and other things about Kyron - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Nancy Grace on now: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108249"]2010.07.01 NG: Kyron's mom pleads tell the truth -K9 dog team says he hit on a spot! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This thread is closing soon.

What's weird is, it's seems they expect to do this for a while ... so they set up a semi-weekly schedule for the press. I didn't like to hear that forward-looking plan, myself.

Yeah, and what IS that all about? Very, very odd.

BBM

Nowhere in my post did I suggest that KH was attempting to "control the media." Without a doubt, he has been accused of it, but not by me.

What I said was "as private citizens, KH & DY have the right to decide who reports the story of their missing son."

Big difference, IMO.

Private citizens have no legal obligation to share the details of any aspect of their private lives with the media. Media may feel compelled to ask questions, but private citizens are not required nor are they compelled by law to answer the questions media poses. It's called "privacy".

Private citizens have the right to decide who they grant interviews with & who they exclude.

Hopefully, KH & Co. have made the right decision, and hopefully they have been well advised.

Irritated as I might be in this moment, I want to affirm your post here ^^.

This group also had *what* motive to speak at all today? This is what I can not figure out.. in what way did they benefit (and plan to benefit in the future, ala Emma's post)??? What can possibly be in it for them? It doesn't *appear* to have forwarded Kyron's search or return, it *appears* to have alienated a large group of people who have an attachment to either of the banned media .. the list could go on and on about what was wrong with today... what's the story UNtold?

What was right about today's actions?

It's all still word games. They did not say Terri did this. What was said was they implored Terri to cooperate w/ LE (not a direct quote).

I will say that I really feel Kaine does NOT want negative things printed about him. I would say that is why some were kicked out ... also to prove a point. However, apparently, other reporters are sharing their notes w/ WW. I really feel he has made a big mistake because he really pissed off the WW reporter. I believe the reporter will go for blood! I anticipate seeing a lot of Kaine's "dirty laundry" coming to print in WW ... everything they can possibly dig up and most likely w/ help from other reporters.

Again, Kaine's actions have taken the main focus off of Kyron and onto his own behavior. I sure hope someone points out to him that if he really wants Kyron to be the sole focus he needs to quit doing crap to call attention to himself and his actions.

BBM

OH....you can bet this is true! Lots of reporters who find something that they don't think they can slip by their own editors or lawyers are going to feed it to the WW reporter. For many, sleuthing is a sport just as it is here for many. Not to mention that there is a journalistic tradition of trading favors on leads with other reporters. What they feed to WW now could turn in to a big advantage for them in return some day.

jmo

I personally think that everything was said today was scripted before the " meeting" and that the LE had full knowledge of everything that was going to be said.

You are probably right. I do believe that is a high possibility. However, I find it hard to believe that LE would advise them to kick out specific newspapers. Especially if those 2 are the largest / main newspapers in the area. It just does not make sense. It also hinders getting the info out as quickly as possible and finding Kyron NOW if he is alive!

The bracelets were made with donated money from the bring kyron home website.

My hubby asked me what the latest on websleuths was when he came home... (Now I think he regrets asking because I sure had a mouthful to tell him. :) ) Anyways, at the end of my big speech and what I thought of Kaine appearing to need to control things~ My husband said to me, "Well either Kaine IS controlling, or maybe ALL of them are being controlled by someone else..."

Meaning ransom, kidnapper, etc... Just his two cents worth. I thought it was worth considering.

Anyone who cared about finding this child would have said the first day for every Dr. office, clinic, and ER to be on the alert for any little boy brought in with a bee sting allergic reaction! That would have been the first thing to get out there! PLUS, a birthmark that shows up when a child is upset, crying or stressed is a far better identifying mark than hair color or weight or height which are subjective and perceived differently by different people. A birthmark is a whole lot harder to disguise than it is to change a child's clothing or hairstyle!

Absolutely! I would try to get out to the public any and every thing that might help someone recognize him, even the most minute details (chews his nails, so they're ragged; has a mosquito bite behind his right ear, etc. -- any and every single thing I could think of).

Of course, we didn't learn of how bad his eyesight was til last week with the interviews, either. It's just so odd. All we really knew up til then was what Kyron was wearing and what his glasses looked like. Those things can be taken away, changed -- but physical characteristics can't.

Yes, what does that mean? That is an *excellent* question. What is this obsession with Fridays?

The thinking part of me is trying to imagine that it's some kind of code, with a person/s who are holding Kyron alive. It was bizarre early on in the case, and now it's uber-bizarre.

Because Kyron disappeared on a Friday. I read that somewhere but don't have a linky handy.

FWIW....the US Constitution has this little thing called "freedom of the press" as one of the basic rights for this country. That little thing means that NO ONE, private citizen or public figure has any right at all to control who is allowed to report information nor through what venue. Yes, LE can release only what information they want, but they can't determine which outlet is ALLOWED to print it or have access to the information that is released.

jmo

The 1st amendment to the Constitution of my country (USA) gives me as a citizen a right to speak to or refuse to speak to whomever I chose in the media, even if my choice is based on my personal disapproval of previous reporting. Unless I am on public property over which I have no control, I can exclude anyone I want from my interview. The press will be free to report on all my activities, or, if they are given to institutional pettiness and vindictiveness, can dig into details of my personal life and report them to show me. They can do this because the 1st amendment leaves them free from government intrusion to report. If they go too far and recklessly report falsehoods, the first amendment gives me room to sue them for defamation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500