2010.07.01 - Source: Terri Horman lied to investigators

Yes, I meant cleared the guilty and convicted the innocent.

My understanding of the rationale for Europe disallowing polygraph use and US courts not allowing results to be admitted as evidence is that the studies have shown tremendous ambiguity in results. People who have retold the same results in their head can believe lies are true, people who feel persecuted can look guilty on key questions.

From my perspective, if it was valuable evidence, it would be allowed in court.

What I understand of the studies I've read (and even some of the most ardent supporters of polygraph use in interrogation) it's an investigational tool. It works on the same principle that hypnosis works on, it works only if the person in question believe it works.

Which IMO really raises questions about TMH. If she were as diabolical as she would need to be for all this smoke to equal fire, and she read crime books and watched crime shows to plan this, why didn't she know to use one of the many methods to skew polygraph results? She'd be both brilliant enough, and psychotic enough to pull it off.

Thanks for the welcome, and bear with me. Sometimes my brain takes a strange turn. I have brain inflammation from an autoimmune disease, so I tend to sometimes get hung up on sound alike/spell alikes or other sentence structure errors. As you noticed. I'm notorious for them, so I apologize in advance. I keep my family in stitches... It pays to have a healthy sense of humor when you're brain doesn't always play nice. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back