2010.07.09 - Evidence List for Inspection

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why I just do not get the A's. They know what all the evidence is and they still refuse to believe KC was responsible for her daughter's death.

Forgive me if I quoted wrong.. but this is my first post.. Hello Everyone :)

LambChop.. IMO... Cindy HAS to defend Casey. I feel that Cindy firmly believes she, herself, was the catalyst that ultimately cost Caylee her life. In Cindy's head.. (Cindy, who has NEVER held Casey accountable for anything she has ever done)... if Cindy hadn't lost her temper and gotten into that huge confrontation with Casey.. Casey wouldn't have left home in a rage and did whatever she did to Caylee. Hence, her beloved Caylee would still be alive. I honestly don't think Cindy can live with that thought and not lose her sanity. It's much easier and safer to live in the world where she has to "rescue" poor persecuted Casey .. no matter how much she has to lie and cover for her. Cindy KNOWS Casey did it.. but Cindy literally cannot admit it because if she does.. she has to admit her misplaced guilt.. to herself.

just my opinion
wild

LambChop.. IMO... Cindy HAS to defend Casey. I feel that Cindy firmly believes she, herself, was the catalyst that ultimately cost Caylee her life. In Cindy's head.. (Cindy, who has NEVER held Casey accountable for anything she has ever done)... if Cindy hadn't lost her temper and gotten into that huge confrontation with Casey.. Casey wouldn't have left home in a rage and did whatever she did to Caylee. Hence, her beloved Caylee would still be alive. I honestly don't think Cindy can live with that thought and not lose her sanity. It's much easier and safer to live in the world where she has to "rescue" poor persecuted Casey .. no matter how much she has to lie and cover for her. Cindy KNOWS Casey did it.. but Cindy literally cannot admit it because if she does.. she has to admit her misplaced guilt.. to herself.

just my opinion
wild

:Welcome-12-june:

to you wild. Perceptive first post, and we look forward to your continued participation!!! :balloons:

just my opinion
wild

Welcome! You so eloquently and succinctly put my thoughts to words!

LMAO! I just read this motion. haha! ITA with your thoughts, AZ.

Mason devotes paragraphs 6 - 10 to bashing the news media and "John Q. Public", including the Floridian taxpayers funding these circus ringleaders. And then FAILS TO INCLUDE THE MEDIA ON THE PROOF OF SERVICE! What a joke of a motion! This in a state that embraces the Sunshine Laws and the public's 'right to know'.

I can't help but believe that part of Cheney Mason's motive for this ridiculous pleading is self-serving. HE has been criticized so heavily for his complete lack of knowledge of the facts and evidence of this case. The man is embarrassed and does not want HIMSELF subjected to public scrutiny, IMO.

I'll have to be peeled off the floor if HHJP grants this. Like AZ so succintly opined above - it serves no purpose and his argument makes zero sense.

Loved how Mason criticized "talking head lawyers"--WASN'T HE ONE????? Pot meet kettle????:waitasec:

For the first time we saw the husband and wife forensics team flown in from Holland. They rolled in equipment they'll be using to examine the evidence.

Dr. Richard Eikelenboom is know for his advances in touch DNA, a science where a few skin cells can be used to identify a suspect. His wife, Dr. Thelma Eikelenboom is a coroner and forensic expert. She was brief when we asked what they'd be focusing on today.

"Just to look at some evidence. That's it," said Dr. Thelma Eikelenboom.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/web_links/071310-Anthony-defense-brings-in-the-all-stars

I'm a little confused!

I thought this team was only to "look" at evidence so why did they bring equipment with them???

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...o-keep-list-of-evidence-sealed-in-murder-case

Motion is after the article above...

In the meantime, Casey’s legal team wants to keep the list of evidence sealed and filed a motion entitled “Objection to Release of Documents Related to Intended Defense Review of Evidence.” In the filing, the defense argues the media may be able to obtain the information by garnering a copy of the videotaped inspection.

Baez should have gone with that gag order when the SA's first asked for it..Now, that he's getting down to the nitty gritty, he wants it sealed...why does he think hiding his representation of ICA will stop the chatter??? Baez is totally right for this defendant...his mark will be with a guilty verdict. JMHO

Justice for Caylee

A google search of Richard and Selma-Schieveld-Eikelenboom and twitter offers this.......

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://maurice.ooip.nl/2007/03/23/schaamteloos/&ei=Vxg9TOWTPIOB8gaMofWmBg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CC0Q7gEwBg&prev=/search%3Fq%3DRichard%2Band%2BSelma%2BSchieveld-Eikelenboom%2Band%2Btwitter%26hl%3Den

a snip....

Greepsporen Handle Tracks
Spores produced by intense single-handle (usually short) contact of a person with a (rough) object, or with the body of another person.
Examples grip marks on fasteners such as ropes and torn pieces of tape. Usually deliver sufficient cellular material to grip track to leave it with current technology, a comparative DNA analysis to obtain suitable DNA profile.
Also forcibly broken garments and drawn to places on the body of a victim that indicate strangulation or other violent physical contact can handle traces are found. In practice, the alleged grip tracks have been secured from clothing and / or bodies of victims often a DNA profile is obtained equal to that of the victim. Only in some cases, DNA characteristics of another person to observe.

This page was translated from Dutch to English.

Google didn't get it quite right; it actually says 'insufficient' cellular material. That being said, the blog post doesn't quote Richard Eikelenboom but a document from the Dutch Forensic Institute ( = NFI, where N stands for the Netherlands). Richard and Selma - not Thelma as Fox called her - both worked there before they started IFS. The blog is from someone who feels Richard helped convict an innocent man while he worked at the NFI.

I asked Kathi B about the evidence inspection and Oak Ridge Lab personnel depositions - I asked who was there and if the depositions were canceled.

Kathi replied: "The Oak Ridge depos were moved then canceled.
Prosecutors Linda B and Jeff A are with the Defense, as well as Detective Yuri Melich."

bbm. In the legal circles I travel in, Henry Lee's name and reputation are MUD. I understand and respect that other individuals still believe in him (read: BAEZ), but I'm just stating my opinion and experience. He's kinda considered an "untouchable" as far as scientific experts go.

JMO....

bbm

Thanks RainyGirl!! I happen to agree with you. I wonder how informed the jury will be about Henry Lee? Can the SA question his reputation in the presence of the the jury?

The DNA touch expert and his wife, Eikelenboom, are from the Netherlands. They have come to look at the evidence. I don't remember seeing them on the defense witness list, nor do I remember their names being mentioned during the hearing discussing the experts. If he was not approved by the judge in that hearing, what are they doing here and who paid their expenses? I understand that Belich said the taxpayer was footing the bill. I guess my question is...can the defense ask the JAC to pay expenses for someone that was not approved by the judge and that they may not even use?

I was just listening to the last few seconds of the raw interview on WFTV’s website of JB going into the inspections. As JB is walking away KB asks one last question about tax money paying for the couple from the Netherlands and he stated that the taxpayers were not paying for anything – that they were opening a new lab in the US and that is why they are here.

http://www.wftv.com/video/24257896/index.html

Last week I watched a show called extreme forensics and I truly think that Casey's goose is getting glazed up to roast :dance:
I looked on the mother site hoping to find a link of this specific episode but didn't see it but I will keep searching. The case was a husband and wife that worked together in a factory. When the second day of missed work came their boss called LE for a welfare check, no answer at the door but they learned the couple had 2 sons in school. Upon questioning the boys said the parents went on a V-day weekend and just didn't return. To shorten up the story an officer wanting to check the house out discovers the 2 bodies in black plastic bags with tape all around them. There were no prints on any of the pieces of tape. Several kinds of tape were used but the duct tape could go a little further with forensics by revealing finger prints on the sticky side. The duct tape was layered like this case, the tape was emersed in liquid nitrogen, the tape at this point seperated and an agent in this case gentian violet (it's good for thrush in nursing babies to as long as you don't mind purple nipples LOL) The agent then showed the layer of epithelial skin that commonly does get stuck to sticky tape, the layer of epithelial skin revealed the sons fingerprints leading to their murder conviction.
I did some googling of this husband wife team and this is up their alley, this case will be very interesting!!!

ThinkTank, While your at it, can you remind Kathi B that we would LOVE media lawyers to argue for the unsealing of the video tape of Casey's reaction to the remains being found (before they had been identified) when she broke out in hives, hyperventilated and demanded that her hand cuffs were getting tighter and tighter by the minute!!!!!!!!

Well, imagine this. Went to the Clerk's office today, and the Defense Objection was just filed TODAY. Just after noon.

Didn't the media have this a couple days ago? Wonder how that happened. LOL

Here's the filed, time-stamped copy:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4699517...cuments-Related-to-Defense-Review-of-Evidence

Told ya I didn't trust him. :snooty:

I read somewhere (prob a Orlando media site, so not sure how reliable their info is...) that the defense had a deadline of TUESDAY, July 13th to file that objection. Maybe another reason it is a moot point.

If they put as much effort into learning the facts & evidence as they do playing games with the media & public..... It makes me crazy mad. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven