2010.07.12 Friend of Terri's describes her as a good mother

I'm troubled by this woman's hand/arm gestures. Notice how many times she puts her hands in front of her mouth. She might not be truthful in what she is saying. jmo

I'm pretty sure I do that when I'm feeling shy or unsure of myself. And I'm bad at lying so I don't do it much (except for social fibs, e.g. "How are you?"..."Fine.") My body language just says that I have issues, not "I'm helping someone with their alibi". :)

i love the fact that you pointed out that people are saying she has something to do with his disappearance because of her marraige. This fact doesnt mean much. It wasnt like she was a child abuser. Her problems in her relationship doesnt give much correlation to the situation. Who's to say Kaine didnt have "extra activities" going on. Its kinda one sided

So glad you loved it! Other than this video, I haven't heard anything about Terri outside her marriage...have you? TIA

I thought she was very sincere and honest.I think if we hear from many of the mothers and children we will find out she did not act bad towards Kyron.This lady said she asked her son how Kyron and his mother interacted that day and her son said they were happy and excited and good together.This lady is saying she just didn't see anything wrong with anything.I believe her.

This reminded me of the Jaycee Dugard case where some people though that phil guarrido behavior was normal in a sense. Not saying that terry is a complete psycho but i do like that balance is trying to be presented in this case and its not like terry was a terrible stepmom. I dont believe that was the case because if it was, why would Kaine allow a "horrible" person around their child for so long. It wouldnt make sense to me.

I wonder if there were awards for these Tree Frog exhibits?
Did they go to to the STUDENT exhibits
and not to the exhibits obviously done by parents.

(Terri's FaceBook comment that Kyran 'did it all'...)
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Kyron did do most of it.His drawings are beautiful.He seems like a very talented little boy.

I think that may just be due to the fact that the boy's mother is a relatively new single mother to 5 boys. Her husband was killed in a car accident about 9 months ago. She may not have had the time or energy to help him as much with his project.

I do find it kind of nice of TMH to have taken photos of the boy, since it doesn't appear that his mother was able to attend the science fair.

Are you saying this mother is relatively new to the community or relatively new to raising five children on her own since the death of her spouse?

Also, I'm truly sorry to hear about her losing her husband. I cannot imagine how emotionally difficult it must be having to raise five children after the death of a spouse...JMO

I'm troubled by this woman's hand/arm gestures. Notice how many times she puts her hands in front of her mouth. She might not be truthful in what she is saying. jmo

BDE - do you think that she is not being truthful about her past experience? Or is she just acutely aware that her words explaining her past beliefs about Terri & the happy healthy Horman family belie the latest smarmy news about Terri?

Just wanted to note, there are other reasons for people doing that too. I'm very shy talking to people I don't know well and tend to talk w/ my hands or keep pushing my hair back, that type thing. I'd probably be a REAL mess on a camera interview like that! Then I also used to work w/ a lady who hovers her hands around her mouth automatically (sort of like this friend on the video is doing) and her reason is simply because she has bad teeth in front and is self-conscious about them being seen.

Could she just be nervous??

I thought she seemed sincere, again here is someone WHO KNEW TH and doesn't have anything to win or lose, I don't hear her saying she volunteered with Kyron's bio parents she volunteered with Kyron's step mother and she seemed to be a loving mother....this over protective mother trusted her with her son and her son LOVED TH....hmmmmm

or possibly a sense of guilt. It was stated that she didnt walk kyron directly in his classroom. maybe terry thought that if she would have, maybe this could have been prevented. And since she has these thoughts about herself, maybe she feels Desiree and Kaine feel the same way. It can be aruged on both sides.

Kudos to this mom for going before national media and saying something positive about Terri! :heart: I bet this story won't get any ratings.

Mom let her son go bowling with Kyron and trusted Terri. Also saw Kyron at the science fair and relayed that Kyron was happy, excited. WTH

Is Terri responsible for this horrible crime? The only thing all the media coverage conveys is what a terrible person Terri is and how dysfunctional the marriage is.

What a tragedy if she is being set-up while the real perp roams free and Kyron has yet to be brought home! So much media and nothing of importance to bring Kyron home.

Always nice to hear something positive about Terri because I find it difficult to believe that she doesn't have a shred of motherly love and/or kindness in her. moo

She volunteered in the classroom a lot. She is married with 2 kids. The mother thought she was OK.

What I got out of it was that the mother was second guessing her ideas of who she is going to let her child go with from now on.

So glad you loved it! Other than this video, I haven't heard anything about Terri outside her marriage...have you? TIA

I havent. All i hear is Nancy Grace bashing her and when someone tries to state something else that she wouldnt say, Nancy always cuts them off. You know how she is.

...Mom let her son go bowling with Kyron and trusted Terri. Also saw Kyron at the science fair and relayed that Kyron was happy, excited...Always nice to hear something positive about Terri because I find it difficult to believe that she doesn't have a shred of motherly love and/or kindness in her.

Respectfully edited and BBM. It puzzles me, too, that Terri could have changed so much from the person that she appears to be when interacting with children. In photos from school field trips or working with students in various situations, Terri beams with enthusiasm and exhibits sincere interest in the children who are obviously engaged in their studies.

No doubt that many Skyline parents are wondering what on earth is going on here with this beloved and respected teacher/volunteer who frequently interacted with their children. This reminds me of a teacher at the elementary school that DD attended in the early '80s. Many years later, this man was in the local headlines having been charged with child molestation and *advertiser censored*. DD hadn't had him as her teacher, but we knew that students and parents liked the guy. I was shocked and saddened to learn about his criminal behavior.

I don't see dishonesty. After all, she is not saying that Terri is not guilty, she's just saying she seemed like a good mom. She never said that there is no way TH is guilty or innocent. She's just talking about her impression.

She seemed like a nice, believable, shocked lady to me.

I prefer this that her coming out saying she never trusted her...yet she let her son be in her Company.

Just watched a show last night on extreme forensic, bout a elementary school principal, loved by all his students etc, had 3 kids and a wife...till he murdered them all, one was a newborn apparently he was a good father also...you just never know

I think that may just be due to the fact that the boy's mother is a relatively new single mother to 5 boys. Her husband was killed in a car accident about 9 months ago. She may not have had the time or energy to help him as much with his project.

I do find it kind of nice of TMH to have taken photos of the boy, since it doesn't appear that his mother was able to attend the science fair.

I'm just wondering if we did not get the whole report in this clip - I don't see the part Kyron's friend's mom being widowed 9 months ago through a car accident in the video link. Was there more to the story in another article?

Ummm... I'm Italian American. My whole clan uses hands to gesticulate when speaking.Doesn't have any bearing whatsoever on our truthfulness.

All JMO

BDE - do you think that she is not being truthful about her past experience? Or is she just acutely aware that her words explaining her past beliefs about Terri & the happy healthy Horman family belie the latest smarmy news about Terri?

Watched the video a second time. Ms. Holm doesn't appear to be nervous or uncomfortable during the interview, but I think she is feeling self-doubt for having trusted this person. She holds her hands together, almost prayerfully, as if she is hoping that she didn't make a huge mistake by allowing her son to go bowling with Terri. Holm is questioning her judgment in this situation given everything that is swirling around in this ongoing saga. My take on it, fwiw.

It's just hand gestures! I "talk" with my hands as well, it's a family trait. I guess if I were on t.v., everyone would say I was lying with every sentence... no telling what my hands are going to do... I'm not even conscious of it most of the time.
This lady just seemed shocked at all this focus on Terri as the suspect.

I'm just wondering if we did not get the whole report in this clip - I don't see the part Kyron's friend's mom being widowed 9 months ago through a car accident in the video link. Was there more to the story in another article?

It was in the Skyline Eagles Nest newsletter. I'd link, but it contains the names of children.

Thank You for posting. Watched it twice. In fact, like many of you, I've been waiting to hear from any of TMH's friends. IMO, this mother of Kyron's classmate seems very sincere. I don't think she has any ulterior motive or agenda for speaking up. (the body language seems harmless in this instance)

Of course, if a bunch of people start talking and raving about what a great mom and teacher and friend TMH is it will confuse me even more. I get a cold chill just imagining maybe TMH really didn't have anything to do with Kyron's disappearance, maybe she geniuely loved children. This lady's friend loved TMH. I am confiused. How could she be so loving, and yet possibly taken Kyron from the SF and put him in harm's way? Why is her own husband pointing the finger at her?

It's sad looking at all these happy pictures, and trying to fit a murder of a child into it. I want Kyron to come home. I want Kyron to be alive and happy. Is there any hope?

IMO she's just nervous. I don't think she's lying.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back