2010.07.26 - Kyron Horman case featured on Dateline

Status
Not open for further replies.
With much respect, debs, not everyone makes their bed. A lot of people just leave them as is after they get up. Some people might not launder the sheets if someone slept in the bed for only a night or two. Some people might wait til the very last second before someone visits before laundering the sheets and making the bed. She or Tony still had plenty of time before bedtime to do that, if they'd wanted to.

Also, if you've seen where she states the laundry has been sitting out since his last visit, I'd appreciate a link to it since I've never heard that. I don't think it would matter, regardless; however, if she hasn't said that, then for all we know, she could've done that laundry the night before he disappeared.

As for the toys, it is a kid's room, not a living room or show room. It didn't look messy to me; just looked like a normal kid's room. There were times I could barely make a path in my son's room for all the hot wheels and toys.

There are just way too many variables for us to make any suppositions or attach significance to the state of the bedding, laundry or toys, IMO.

I'm on of "those" folks who do make up our bed every day, and the boys also did at that age. I learned from staying with my grandmother, the "correct" way( (picture the clothesline and ironing board), then my mom. When I was a working mom, I just made it much easier/quicker (quilt and/or comforter, cover, straighten, good to go), and the boys just followed my lead (around the same age, as did my granddaughter when she stayed with us last summer).

We sort of had to watch the leaving out the toy situation since they were so close in age (duplicates from Disney bio-mom) and the cats would grab Legos and run. Also cut down on clean-up time tiffs. One boy was very neat, one boy a total slob; I TRY not to judge since she is a working mom and all. (True story: My mom has come to my home and ran her fingers across tables to see if I had dusted lately; youngest son called her on it.)

Maybe it's just me but my rule of thumb of a clean house is if I would feel comfortable using their facilities. Under the circumstances, I think DY's home looked pretty good. If I ran a cleaning service in their neck of the woods, I just might offer them assistance (not Kyron's room) when they feel ready for that sort of thing.

As always, JMO.

Someone will literally have to show me a law where TH could have been a "legal stepmom" Caregiver maybe, but nothing legal without adoption.

http://www.nlrg.com/divlit/STEP2.HTM

"As noted in the Table at the end of this article, twenty-three states have statutes which authorize stepparent visitation. In ten states (California, Delaware, Kansas, Louisiana, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Virginia, and Wisconsin), stepparents are explicitly denoted as having the right to request visitation. In thirteen other states (Alaska, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New York, Texas, Washington, and West Virginia), "interested third parties" are granted the right to request visitation, and stepparents come within the definition of interested third parties. As further noted in the Table, in the absence of a statute, some courts have held that stepparents may petition for visitation (Arizona, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, and Utah), while others have held that stepparents may not petition for visitation (Alabama, Florida, Iowa, and South Dakota)."

BBM: Interesting, isn't it, the difference in what men and women think regarding affairs.
If they were still married, and living together as man and wife, technically it is an affair, IMO.
Interesting also, that Kaine considers the relationship between Terri and his friend Mike an affair... but it did not begin, until he had moved out of their home, according to him. Yet he says his and Desiree's marriage was "over" while she was pregnant and they were still living together.
Double standards. JMHO.

Yes and Yes.

moo

Trouble hit home again when Kyron disappeared. The day after Kyron vanished, Tarver says, James went to the Hormans’ house for a previously planned weeklong visit.http://wweek.com/editorial/3634/14214/

I knew it was Saturday but I back it with a link ^^

I wonder why Grandma Moulton said he was on a camping trip?

Not that it matters, but she seems a source of misinformation.

My problem with Kaine is that he seems to have no idea what is going on with the women in his life, or at least claims not to. He thought he and Desiree were broken up when he started sleeping with Terri. He thought Terri was fine, over her little bout with PPD. He thought everything was ok and that she did not want to kill him. He thought Kyron was just as sad to visit to Desiree as he was to leave Desiree.

OK. Kaine seems to have issues, probably the same type as many guys.

So, is there something that you feels has to do with the missing Kyron and the MFH?

This thread is going to close in a few minutes. Please feel free to take out one of the many issues and make a topic thread. For example "Kyron's bedroom" would be a nice one where we can get to know more about Kyron. :)

Bumping up. Let me know if you would like any of your posts copied over to start a new thread. :)

bbm

Where? Any source besides the "blended family" piece in the Oregonian?

Both Carol Moulton and Jamie Finster said that Terri had been taking care of Kyron since he was an infant, three days old or so. (I suppose it might be true to some degree if you don't mean primary caretaker and if Kaine had regular visits and Terri was involved with him and frequently present on those visits.)

IIRC Carol Moulton's quote was from the article that came out on the day after Kyron disappeared, titled Details emerge... something.

I'm on of "those" folks who do make up our bed every day, and the boys also did at that age. I learned from staying with my grandmother, the "correct" way( (picture the clothesline and ironing board), then my mom. When I was a working mom, I just made it much easier/quicker (quilt and/or comforter, cover, straighten, good to go), and the boys just followed my lead (around the same age, as did my granddaughter when she stayed with us last summer).

We sort of had to watch the leaving out the toy situation since they were so close in age (duplicates from Disney bio-mom) and the cats would grab Legos and run. Also cut down on clean-up time tiffs. One boy was very neat, one boy a total slob; I TRY not to judge since she is a working mom and all. (True story: My mom has come to my home and ran her fingers across tables to see if I had dusted lately; youngest son called her on it.)

Maybe it's just me but my rule of thumb of a clean house is if I would feel comfortable using their facilities. Under the circumstances, I think DY's home looked pretty good. If I ran a cleaning service in their neck of the woods, I just might offer them assistance (not Kyron's room) when they feel ready for that sort of thing.

As always, JMO.

Are you down the street from my house? I need a housekeeper.

Fwiw I understand Debs points AND Im wearing my protective headgear.

Hugs all.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members