2010.09.15 - Levi Page Show - Pat Brown weighs in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped by me:

Thank you, Scandi. I had the opportunity to meet Pat Brown some years ago (pre-HLN) and she was as down-to-earth and "on the level" as you get.....not unlike the vast majority of LE/bureau personnel I know.
I got the distinct impression at the time, "Wow....this is a woman in the trenches." Anecdotal information, I know, but Pat was trying to grab a quick coffee break while balancing a stack of thick files, had circles under her eyes from sleep deprivation, wrinkled as all get out, but still sharp as a whip and completely focused on catching a perp. She even apologized to us for not having time to chat..........said she was trying to catch her "second wind" after she had passed the 32 hr. mark. IMO, she's done the work and she's been in the trenches. I respect her opinion.

JMO :)

I think the majority of these TV/radio personalities start off with good intentions, intelligent, etc. then they get more and more popular and become [unusual people]. Nancy Grace is a good example. MOOMOOMOO

Hi Levi!

I would love a future show to have Terri Horman, her attorney or someone who knows her personally. I know it probably won't happen but it sure would be interesting.

I've contacted Michael Cook, some of Terri's friends, and her lawyer. I got no reply back. Her camp is really tight lipped.

I like her too. I'm very interested in psychology but sometimes people in that field use terminology I'm not familiar with. I know she is probably having to simplify things for me as a layperson, but it's better than not understanding what the heck she's talking about. LOL

Well Kimster, here is why I use Pat and not a lot of the psychologists. Psychologists don't deal with criminals, when they speak about the "minds" of these people, they are going off of what they learned in a text book about mental illness and their own patients.

Pat deals with criminals - and many criminals aren't "mentally ill" they are just evil. They know right from wrong, but they just don't give a damn about right or wrong, because their so psychopathic and self centered.

That is why I use Pat, she makes a lot of sense. She knows a lot about personality disorders. And I learn a lot from her and her commentary.

And to be clear, Pat isn't "profiling" when she does the show, she is giving commentary, which is speculative by nature. She doesn't know everything LE knows. She knows what the rest of us do about the case.

But, AFAIK, Dr. Ron Turco isn't promoting a current book (unlike others who appear as talking *heads* on various programs), so he may not be interested in voicing his professional opinions.

Still - I'd like to hear what he has to say, especially since I believe he knows what he's talking about.

I think the majority of these TV/radio personalities start off with good intentions, intelligent, etc. then they get more and more popular and become monsters. Nancy Grace is a good example. MOOMOOMOO

I disagree with you. Pat is not afraid to take the "unpopular" opinion. I've had conversations with her (I hope she doesn't mind me saying this) where she said producers wouldn't have her on the talk shows, because of her opinion of certain cases.

I think Pat is honest and upfront.

IMO, coming from a psychology background - there is no such thing as "evil" without mental illness and/or some sort of personality disorder/brain chemistry dysfunction that leads to its' subsequent actions.

Evil, IMO, does not exist without an etiology that creates it.

Well Kimster, here is why I use Pat and not a lot of the psychologists. Psychologists don't deal with criminals, when they speak about the "minds" of these people, they are going off of what they learned in a text book about mental illness and their own patients.

Pat deals with criminals - and many criminals aren't "mentally ill" they are just evil. They know right from wrong, but they just don't give a damn about right or wrong, because their so psychopathic and self centered.

That is why I use Pat, she makes a lot of sense. She knows a lot about personality disorders. And I learn a lot from her and her commentary.

And to be clear, Pat isn't "profiling" when she does the show, she is giving commentary, which is speculative by nature. She doesn't know everything LE knows. She knows what the rest of us do about the case.

" Psychologists don't deal with criminals " But... those psychologists employed by the FBI ? All they do is deal with criminals.And their victims. No ? Also, prison psychologists ?

All JMO

I disagree with you. Pat is not afraid to take the "unpopular" opinion. I've had conversations with her (I hope she doesn't mind me saying this) where she said producers wouldn't have her on the talk shows, because of her opinion of certain cases.

I think Pat is honest and upfront.

I probably shouldn't have referenced this to Pat... I just wanted to make that comment about Nancy Grace. LOL. Sorry.

What was it she said about twelve year old Kayleah? Something to the effect of she was too chubby to have been abducted or sexually assaulted. First of all, she wasn't too fat to have been abducted (what an utterly ridiculous assumption) --- she wasn't fat, period. And that was one of the most heartless, insensitive comments I've ever heard in a missing child case.

Ah Mrs. Mom, don't worry 'bout your little one. She's far too [fill in the blank] for anyone to want to do bad things to her.

I have no use for Ms. Brown.

Listening now. (won't be able to listen to entire show)

But I just had to interject.

I have a serious problem with her saying it's 'unfortunate in today's society' that the prosecution has to prove their case -- that they can't simply go into court and claim "we think" without proof of a crime.

Today's society? Unfortunate ??? Psst, Ms. Brown. That's how we do things here, and have for well over 200 years.

Oh Lord, now she's claiming that this is a "flat area".

I gotta turn this off. My BP is rising.

OMG! Seriously, this woman has said these things? Isn't proving the case the basis of our system of jurisprudence?

Ms. Brown WAS profiling when she answered the question "Does TH fit the profile ..."

So to say that she wasn't profiling TH isn't entirely accurate, IMO.

I listened to the radio program - Pat Brown DID profile TH.

Pu-lease! If you guys want to discuss Pat Brown, open a thread in the Jury Room or something. This is about Levi's show, questions for Levi and things of that nature.

Open a thread about Pat Brown if you'd like, but no more in here. Thanks!!!!

(I'm talking about the Pat Brown posts that have nothing to do with her opinions in Kyron's case).

It's confusing when a Mod changes a post but it doesn't show. My question smilie was because of why we couldn't talk about Pat Brown (when she's in the title of the thread)... but then you clarified by editing your post. Just to be clear. Thanks. :hug:

I'd like to see if you can get the person posting as DeDe's cousin on the show. The thread about this is here ------>Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I love this idea! :woohoo: If they have soooo much to say, why don't they go public with it? (I mean more "on the record" than they have been so far, using aliases and forum names).

I am not sure why anyone would think Giusto has anything informative to say. He left office under a dark cloud way before Kyron went missing. He has no pertinent information on the case. He is not at all respected in the community.

I think he has as much information as Pat Brown & Levi Brown and he has years of LE experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike