2010.1.25 The Check Fraud Case Guilty Plea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone find out what was said after the hearing was over. It looked as though JS was addressing everyone in court but the sound was turned off..

He said he wanted to address the finance issue which was something that was discussed during the hearing about the amount of money the state is charging for the check fraud investigation.
He and the lawyers quickly decided it would be put in writing from the defense and he would address it later. (I think that is what he said).

watcher, I will have to watch it again, I thought I heard something about lowering her bond? and yes, with his little smirkyness, and I think he even looked over at the camera....no body said a word about it.....

You are right. I went back and rewatched that portion and he did say something about lowering her bond... which doesn't even make any sense because they did not even set a bond amount for KC.... and he did look over at the camera and then back to KC and it looked like they both giggled...

By the way, after he said that I heard someone say "he's an idiot". I don't know if that was the camera person or not...

I just found it interesting that the commercial on the head of the WESH tv trial footage..was for the Amscot.

as for Miss Casey- more fingernails in the eye to elicit tears I think. I thought maybe THIS time we'd get real tears and maybe real emotion, other than selfish self righteous anger, but I think not.

i went to the hearing today. i had to come home and actually watch it on internet to hear all they said. it was in huge courtroom 23 floor - highest ceiling in court room i bet- huge room. the sound was so hard to hear as it was low and seemed to have an unclear audio echo. meet another websleuth there and we enjoyed talking prior to case. met many news team reporters and marinadedave too. lots of reporters who were friendly to me.

i am looking for interview of jose outside after court. anyone see one ? i saw one on tv but it was just a quick sentence. i did notice casey acknowledged her parents. cindy was actually trembling as i saw her head from back/ felt bad for her and george. after the result cindy looked relived and ok. i do respect them both, and i truly think george is most sincere and both of them looked very nice. casey looked young in pony tail. a little heavier. george always has a perfect crease in his shirt- classy man and cindy was looking very pretty even though it looked like she had cried. jmo

Why did she drag this out for two years? The video existed all along...it didn't just appear today. I tried to stay away from this case because my BP will go crazy. First time I looked at a thread here in two months and I am already irritated. Gads, that family is sceeeery.

I suspect she likes her cell (dorm as she says). If they had this case long ago, she may have been shipped to state prison but her hero Baez came to her rescue.

The big event in Casey's life will be when she has to leave her "Dorm". We will see some real emotion at that time. It won't be pretty.

You are right. I went back and rewatched that portion and he did say something about lowering her bond... which doesn't even make any sense because they did not even set a bond amount for KC.... and he did look over at the camera and then back to KC and it looked like they both giggled...

By the way, after he said that I heard someone say "he's an idiot". I don't know if that was the camera person or not...

Did you hear "he's an idot" while watching the YouTube videos of the hearing or while watching the actual hearing?

I may have said it during the time I was recording the hearing.

Yup, Jose did say something about lowering the bond, of which, was ridiculous and a good thing the Judge didn't ask Jose to repeat what he said. Also, right after Jose said it, Andrea leaned over and said something to him, if I remember that correctly.

Kc's plea to the court sounded like the acceptance speech at an awards ceremony. "I'd just like to thank everyone...." Sounds very much like, "I'd just like to let everyone know..."

I agree with previous posters that she did not even utter the words "steal" or "crime". It was "what I did". She hasn't learned a thing and is fighting it all the way...She copped the plea for practical reasons, not because she actually has remorse.

Like others, I too am suspicious of where funds are coming from and I can be patient because I know someone is going to spill the beans in the next FIVE YEARS that it is going to take to resolve this case.

We're in it for the long haul...

Did you hear "he's an idot" while watching the YouTube videos of the hearing or while watching the actual hearing?

I may have said it during the time I was recording the hearing.

Yup, Jose did say something about lowering the bond, of which, was ridiculous and a good thing the Judge didn't ask Jose to repeat what he said. Also, right after Jose said it, Andrea leaned over and said something to him, if I remember that correctly.

Yes, it was your YouTube video. Thank you so much for doing them for us. By the way, I agree completely with your comment.

I went back and found that it was near the beginning on the #6 tape. As I kept listening to it again and again, it almost sounded as if he was really asking for Strickland to set a bond. Maybe someone else has better ears...

I hope this can be answered here.Does Casey have to pay the state for the investigation of the check fraud? $5000.00 plus court cost . Maybe that is why she was crying.

I think Stan deferred that argument until later, but the State is asking for restitution for the elongated investigation they did in order to take this to court, only to have the defense last minute plea it out. I believe his inclination was to have the defense pay it, but they'll discuss it at a later date.

Because I have always suspected that AL wasn't initially paid big $$$...I believe she may have been lured by the prospect of big $$$$$ (just like Henry Lee, Dr Baden, etc) and is now stuck....

And it has still not escaped me that one of the visitors AL took in to see KC may possibly be a person with the same exact name who is the "rights coordinator" for a major book publisher....

If I am not mistaken, AL joined the team BEFORE the prosecution filed the "pauper to princess" motion and stopped Team Baez in their marketing tracks....

And one of our attorneys can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe once AL signed on, she is here for the duration unless KC specifically fires her, or AL can convince a judge to recuse her a darn good reason, but lack of funds is not one of them...("Your honor, she can no longer afford me....)

I dont think AL is in it for the money at all. AL is in it cause she has an agenda. Which is fine by me. KC had to have a DP qualified attorney, may as well be one that's meant to be amazing at what she does.

Who wants to see KC appeal at some future point due to bad counsel?

I am more of a lurker than a poster but I wanted to see if I am the only evil one who wanted to hear Judge Strickland ask for Casey's plea and hear her say, "Guilty" out loud?
Admittedly, I could have missed this, as I only saw Channel 13's coverage live, and the audio came on starting with the judge referring to a plea form that he had in front of him.
I noticed that Casey came in all smiles and little laughs, her pony tail fetchingly pulled to one side, ready for her time in the spotlight, but she became tearful when making her, "I just want to let everyone know..." speech, and her "wish that she had been a better friend to Amy". I kind of think that she is so used to spinning, evading responsibility,and lying to cover her actions that anyone who has tried to confront her in the past gave up in exhaustion. The Court, however, did not, and she was placed in the uncomfortable position of having to admit she had taken Amy's money. That is why I think she was crying, not because of any deep feelings of remorse for her actions.
JMO... what do I know?????

He said he wanted to address the finance issue which was something that was discussed during the hearing about the amount of money the state is charging for the check fraud investigation.
He and the lawyers quickly decided it would be put in writing from the defense and he would address it later. (I think that is what he said).

nice meeting you at hearing! the sound was so bad i had to go home and watch it on internet. i could hardley hear what they said.

When the state mentioned the possibility of Casey spending the rest of her life in prison, her reaction was clear. It's obvious to me that she has not allowed herself to consider this possibility for very long.

Kc's plea to the court sounded like the acceptance speech at an awards ceremony. "I'd just like to thank everyone...." Sounds very much like, "I'd just like to let everyone know..."

I agree with previous posters that she did not even utter the words "steal" or "crime". It was "what I did". She hasn't learned a thing and is fighting it all the way...She copped the plea for practical reasons, not because she actually has remorse.

Like others, I too am suspicious of where funds are coming from and I can be patient because I know someone is going to spill the beans in the next FIVE YEARS that it is going to take to resolve this case.

We're in it for the long haul...

OMG!!! That is exactly what I was thinking! I thought she was going to say, "I'd like to thank the Academy" as the preface of her comment. LOL!

ITA agree with ALL the prior posts on this thread...IMO, MANY of KC's statements to the "victim" were just ludicrous...

1) Her being sorry for being a "bad friend"....IMO, not being there for someone when they're in need makes someone a "bad friend"....stealing their money, should make them say "I'm sorry I stole from you" or "I'm sorry I took all your money YOU worked so hard for"...."WORKED FOR", IMO, being the operative phrase here.

2) Baez felt the NEED for her to address the court...to basically "humanize" this lying thief.

Most important to ME.....

3) Her emphasis on the "taking FULL RESPONSIBILITY" for her actions....IMO, seems that might have been stressed more than once in her "scripted" (no doubt by her defense)apology.
It's THIS, IMO, that will be used later to impress upon a jury....she takes "responsibility" for her actions. (ONLY, by the way, because she was stupid enough to be "caught" on video doing the illegal acts and had no explaination other that the truth to admit to.)
NOW, that being accomplished in this hearing, since she "takes responsibility" for her actions where she is guilty (read as "got caught doing it")....she can't POSSIBILY take "responsibility" and plead guilty for Caylee's murder...because she's not guilty (read as "wasn't caught in the act") and, therefore, she won't "take responsibility" for something she claims she didn't do ( read as..."being a lying murderer")....all IMO

I seem to always be the one to say this - wasn't it quite normal for KC to speak to the court and apologize?

if she did not, people would say oh what a jerk, she doesnt even pretend to be sorry.

she does, and everyone says oh what a jerk, that was insincere.

whatever her reasons, be it she is truly sorry, or her lawyers coaching her, both, neither, it was the right thing to do, and she did it.

JB was on JVM putting his spin on it today saying Casey just felt so bad about what she'd done to Amy - that's why she went ahead and took a plea of guilty.

NO, Casey didn't seem sincere, but she sure took a jaw clenching swallow to get it out.

Agree CM

What a farcical nonsense JB spews

Casey did not take a guilty plea because she felt bad for Amy...she took a guilty plea because she felt bad for herself..she got caught with no way out, no story plausible enough to excuse her thieving ways.

Casey did not feel bad at the time she was betraying her friend by stealing her hard earned money within what 1 hour of Amy leaving for PR...the same friend who loaned her a car to drive.
:twocents:

I am more of a lurker than a poster but I wanted to see if I am the only evil one who wanted to hear Judge Strickland ask for Casey's plea and hear her say, "Guilty" out loud?
Admittedly, I could have missed this, as I only saw Channel 13's coverage live, and the audio came on starting with the judge referring to a plea form that he had in front of him.
I noticed that Casey came in all smiles and little laughs, her pony tail fetchingly pulled to one side, ready for her time in the spotlight, but she became tearful when making her, "I just want to let everyone know..." speech, and her "wish that she had been a better friend to Amy". I kind of think that she is so used to spinning, evading responsibility,and lying to cover her actions that anyone who has tried to confront her in the past gave up in exhaustion. The Court, however, did not, and she was placed in the uncomfortable position of having to admit she had taken Amy's money. That is why I think she was crying, not because of any deep feelings of remorse for her actions.
JMO... what do I know?????

Take a second look. There were NO tears. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab