2010.10.09 - Adam Baker's 911 call

If you look at EB's 911 fire call, and then look at AB's 911 missing child call, the differences are stark. Her answers are short and sweet and without any elaboration, save her feeling the need to throw in that her husband works for a tree removal company. So, with her, only THAT point needed to be firmly established, imo. He, on the other hand, seems to need to establish much more in the mind of the 911 operator.

I have definite thoughts on why this might be the case, but I'll leave it at that. Feel free to ponder this thought for yourselves, though.

Thank you for the excellent analysis of the call. I agree, there is way too much added information. I also keep going back to the fire itself, and finding the ransom note then.......no one bothered to check on Zahra during or immediately after that call yet in his 911 call to report her missing he is now certain it was tied into the fire. Red flag!! MOO

Thank you for the excellent analysis of the call. I agree, there is way too much added information. I also keep going back to the fire itself, and finding the ransom note then.......no one bothered to check on Zahra during or immediately after that call yet in his 911 call to report her missing he is now certain it was tied into the fire. Red flag!! MOO

Great point, Panther. Apparently, they have no problem what so ever checking on what should be a sleeping child at 2:30 am, for no particular reason at all. But at 5:30 am, when there's a fire and a ransom note, they see no reason to check on her THEN?!

Great point, Panther. Apparently, they have no problem what so ever checking on what should be a sleeping child at 2:30 am, for no particular reason at all. But at 5:30 am, when there's a fire and a ransom note, they see no reason to check on her THEN?!

Exactly. And in all his great detail during the 911 call about the fire, ransom note, etc. it's too bad he didn't mention why the 2:30am bed check? I wonder what was really going on at 2:30am that it became the last "bed check"? Maybe getting everything ready for the fire? :waitasec: MOO

elisa-----911 call reporting fire-----

911: What’s the address of your emergency?

EB: uhh yes ma’am…uhhh…uh…my husband…my husband works for uhh…a tree maintenance company and our backyards on fire.

911: Your what’s on fire?

EB: The backyard, we got big mulch piles and wood piles because we sell firewood and stuff

911: Okay…what’s your address ma’am?

EB: It’s 21, 21 avenue NW

911: 21-21st. avenue NW?

EB: yes

911: Okay, is it close to the house?

EB: We’re right behind, uhhhhh…

EB: do what?

911: is it close to your house?

EB: uhhhh it’s not very, it’s kind of off…we’re right by behind where the uh new 137 bistro opened

911: Uh huh

EB: ummmm

911: What’s your phone number there ma’am?

EB: It’s 855, umm 3, let me give you my cell phone because I can’t remember my home phone

911: ( fills in the rest of her home # for her )

911: Okay, we’ll get them out there ma’am.

EB: Okay thank you.

Elisa Baker’s Full 911 Call/Fire:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/19/1772964/officials-release-1st-911-tape.html

Why is EB prefacing this call with the fact that her husband works for a tree maintenance company???? Why does this matter? Her backyard is on fire. This to me seems like staging for the ransom notes involving the boss.

AB does not consider any other opinion than his daughter was taken instead of his boss' daughter. To me this is extremely suspicious since as a father in panic shouldn't he be considering any and every possibility of what happened? He makes the statement: "it appears they took my daughter instead of my bosses daughter." Staging again, in my opinion.

Why is EB prefacing this call with the fact that her husband works for a tree maintenance company???? Why does this matter? Her backyard is on fire. This to me seems like staging for the ransom notes involving the boss.

AB does not consider any other opinion than his daughter was taken instead of his boss' daughter. To me this is extremely suspicious since as a father in panic shouldn't he be considering any and every possibility of what happened? He makes the statement: "it appears they took my daughter instead of my bosses daughter." Staging again, in my opinion.

BBM
Right, but if you read through the rest of her responses, they seem to be exactly what you would expect from someone who just discovered her yard was on fire. And the call is short and to the point...no rambling.

Yes, but, the yard really was on fire. So, there would have been some real urgency in the call vs the 'abduction' call, where there was no actual abduction and no real urgency.

Yes, but, the yard really was on fire. So, there would have been some real urgency in the call vs the 'abduction' call, where there was no actual abduction and no real urgency.

Which, imo, makes AB's 911 missing child call all the more strange. Assume for a moment that AB were completely innocent...hadn't the first clue who might have set his yard on fire, and left a ransom note, a mere 7 hours before SM comes screaming that Zahra is missing. He prefaces this missing child call with, "Hey, how ya doing?" He then goes on in a VERY calm voice, discussing the situation the previous night in great detail...with lots of rambling and added information. If YOUR daughter were missing after the fire event and ransom note, would YOU be sounding like you'd just downed 3 xanax and a bottle of wine? Would YOU take the time to add irrelevent info about periods and company vehicles and dogs waking you up? I think it would go more like EB's fire call...something like this:

AB: I need the police!
OP: What is your emergency!
AB: I think my daughter may have been abducted!
OP: Why do you think she may have been abducted?
AB: OMG, can you JUST send police here immediately! I have to find my daughter! I'm at 21 ave. Hickory. Please! Hurry!

I hear absolutely NO urgency in his voice what so ever...just dead calm , lots of rambling, lots of irrelevent information and nervous giggling.

My personal feeling is that EB handled her part in this "story" very well. But then, she could. All she had to do was say there was a fire at the house. AB got the much harder job of making the 911 missing child call...and he failed. Miserably.

JMO

Here is something I am not seing or hearing in the released 911 call that AB made :

Zahra's name was never mentioned
Zahra's birthdate was never mentioned although he did tell the 911 operator that his daughter is 10 y/o
Zahra's hearing impairment was never mentioned (which would be crucial information when calling out for her while searching)

Perhaps there is a portion we are not hearing from the 911 call?
Did the operator not ask these questions during the call?
Why was something of this importance left out?

I was just listening to the 911 call and it gave me the chills. At .11 on the call you can hear a child say "Daddy"!!! Please go listen!

Bumping this up as I still look for answers from post # 28

Bumping this up as I still look for answers from post # 28

from the transcript I just looked over, the 911 operator didn't ask about what Zahra was wearing the last time she was seen, or a description beyond the question about her prosthetic leg.

In the 911 call for HaLeigh Cummings, the operator asked questions about HaLeigh...maybe there's diff. protocol in that county for missing child calls - or maybe the operator had a unit really close who was responding & would be there by the time s/he got all the answers.

I can't think of a reason why basic info on Zahra would be edited out of the 911 call.

from the transcript I just looked over, the 911 operator didn't ask about what Zahra was wearing the last time she was seen, or a description beyond the question about her prosthetic leg.

In the 911 call for HaLeigh Cummings, the operator asked questions about HaLeigh...maybe there's diff. protocol in that county for missing child calls - or maybe the operator had a unit really close who was responding & would be there by the time s/he got all the answers.

I can't think of a reason why basic info on Zahra would be edited out of the 911 call.

RBBM... SPECULATION: maybe, from the get-go, LE knew that the "parents" were providing conflicting reports about what she was wearing when last seen? AB may have said one thing on the 911 call (if in fact we are hearing a redacted version), and EB said another?

Slightly OT it will be interesting to see where and IF the clothing Zahra was reported to be wearing turn up. With the remains? Scorched and scattered in the backyard? Or will they turn up?

:snooty: :banghead: :furious:

These people actually thought their story would work? I don't understand why they didn't just up and move again and never mention Zahra. It seems they kept her hidden a lot anyway, so why not just leave - stupid people really grate on my last nerve. I noticed he gave too much info, unnecessary info, in his 911 call.

These people actually thought their story would work? I don't understand why they didn't just up and move again and never mention Zahra. It seems they kept her hidden a lot anyway, so why not just leave - stupid people really grate on my last nerve. I noticed he gave too much info, unnecessary info, in his 911 call.

Well, if we are to believe BB, someone in the family had (once again) called DSS. Plus, there was this mysterious "home inspection" LE mentioned when asking the public to come forward with any information. My personal feeling is that the heat had been turned WAY up on EB/AB. They couldn't have just gone on as usual as if nothing had happened. They now HAVE to come up with something to explain where Zahra has gone.

JMO

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I listened to the 911 call again on another thread that was closed for review. They pointed out what sounds like a little girl saying "daddy" in the beginning of the call.

Is that legitimately someone saying daddy? If not, what is it? When I heard it, it absolutely scared the heck out of me.

Pollywog.... I totally agree with you. Good things people like us aren't criminals, huh? Most criminals are stupid and eventually get caught.

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I listened to the 911 call again on another thread that was closed for review. They pointed out what sounds like a little girl saying "daddy" in the beginning of the call.

Is that legitimately someone saying daddy? If not, what is it? When I heard it, it absolutely scared the heck out of me.
Yep.... I have heard the "Daddy" on several different sources for the 911 call from AB. It is a bit creepy. I think it should be amplified and played to EB and AB every day for the rest of their lives.

The thing about the "daddy" sound on AB's 911 call is this: Zahra could not possibly still have been alive and/or in one piece when AB made that call.

There is ZERO rational possibility that AB, EB, (*insert third name here*) did what was done to her in the hours between EB's 911 call and AB's.

IMO Zahra was long dead during AB's 911 call. I don't have a great explanation for what sounds a lot like "Daddy"... but even if that is a little girl calling for "Daddy" it might be some other young girl in the family but--IMO it is not Zahra Baker.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back