2010.10.26 State Motion to Extend Depo Deadline For Specific Non-Expert Defense Witne

Correct! It's just the first time he's been mentioned in the MSM as being non-cooperative.

If all these people have such a strong desire to testify for the defense, I don't understand why they won't just sit down and tell the State the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but. (sarcasm intended)

I believe Brandon Sparks (Kronk's son) got pulled into this by other people, not of his own choosing.
His mother was emailing with Leonard P. and Dominic and offering dirt on Kronk. She is the one who said her son knows something about what Kronk said.

Maybe these folks have cold feet at the thought of the penalties for perjury?
Boasting on the Internet or to friends is one thing, but sitting down with the SA and having your comments dissected microscopically for accuracy is another...

Gail St. John said on her video that the Defense P.I. was really harrassing her and that she feared the Defense wanted to say that she or Kronk moved Caylee's remains. I believe she and her daughter and team partner Travis do not want to be Defense witnesses at all. Gail said in her video that she has nothing useful to the Defense.

When the defense gives the State these witness lists with little or no contact information shouldn't Judge Perry be notified immediately?
It doesn't seem fair that the State should have to go on a scavenger hunt to try and track down these people.

When the defense gives the State these witness lists with little or no contact information shouldn't Judge Perry be notified immediately?
It doesn't seem fair that the State should have to go on a scavenger hunt to try and track down these people.

That is what they are doing in this motion. Giving excellent reasons why they need the extension. I dare the defense to come up with reasons like these.

In re. "immediately" - I imagine they tried extensively to solve these dilemmas w/o tattling to Judge Perry. They know they have status hearings every 30 days where this could be addressed. This motion is the perfect solution.

No it doesn't. I could just see if it was the other way around and the state did not include proper contact information for their witnesses. The defense would be whining about it ASAP. And you can bet they would be complaining about it the the judge how the state is just out to get their client and how she won't be able to get a fair trial because the state is not cooperating w/them. I have had enough w/the defense team and their questionable/unethical practices.:furious: I want Judge Perry to set them straight ASAP!

That is what they are doing in this motion. Giving excellent reasons why they need the extension. I dare the defense to come up with reasons like these.

In re. "immediately" - I imagine they tried extensively to solve these dilemmas w/o tattling to Judge Perry. They know they have status hearings every 30 days where this could be addressed. This motion is the perfect solution.
bbm
Considering what/who:)propeller: ) the State is dealing with here, I think a bit of tattling would save so much time and possibly put JB on a more narrow path.

I thought she was trying to say Mr.'s Baez & Mason, so I guess that would be a typo LOL:crazy:

Isn't the abbreviation for two Misters Mssrs. - at least in Canada it is and is short for Messieurs - meaning two or more misters.

So, a bad typo...

Isn't the abbreviation for two Misters Mssrs. - at least in Canada it is and is short for Messieurs - meaning two or more misters.

So, a bad typo...

Today's grammar lesson:

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/abbreviations.htm

Abbreviate the following:

Titles before names:

Mrs., Mr., Ms., Prof., Dr., Gen., Rep., Sen., St. (for Saint)

Notice that Miss is not an abbreviation, so we don't put a period after it. Ms. is not an abbreviation, either, but we do use a period after it — probably to keep it consistent with Mr. and Mrs.

The plural of Mr. is Messrs. (We invited Messrs. Carter, Lincoln, and Ford.) The plural of Dr. is Drs. (We consulted Drs. Carter, Lincoln, and Ford.) The plural of Mrs. is Mmes or Mmes. (with or without the period).

In most formal prose, we do not use titles, abbreviated or otherwise, with individuals. Ms. Emily Dickinson is simply Emily Dickinson, and after the first use of her full name, Dickinson will do (unless we need Emily to avoid confusion with other Dickinsons).

:woohoo:Totally like AGREE!:woohoo: and just that itsey bitsey irritating factoid now exists that will drive certain people "insane" who believe that the SAO is ramrodding this case: THE ERRORS or shall we say "oopses" of the defense are now ON THE RECORD, clear as day, no misunderstandings, no ignoring the issue, no "not listening", no "yelling" at the fragile defendant" NOTHING except a lack of attention to detail!:snooty:

AND before the attempts to "mitigate" the issue arise by declaring it (the forgotten data) simple clerical error, please remember that spell check or whatever program will miss issues such as MRS BAEZ in LKB's resignation motion but multiple incorrect pieces of proved data (ie addresses per se including countries of residence!) are just SLOPPY work!:banghead:

Hi! I have been reading this forum for a very, very long time, and this is my first post! Just registered a month or so ago. I can't even believe I am posting on this minor issue, but when reading Baden's motion, I noticed the "Mrs." grammar error/typo immediately, and one other one I noticed while reading and wanted to mention, in #5:
.....occurred close to the depositions of the criminalists "form" the FBI......
that would be FROM the FBI, would it not?
These types of errors in legal pleadings absolutely gall me, I used to be a legal secretary, and you just do NOT let these types of errors get filed in documents. You just don't.
Very minor point.....can't believe my first post it about this, but it is ridiculous to me!

Ooooh, good find, Nums!! Why would she need a white-collar criminal defense attorney???!!! :innocent:

It sure sounds like mid-way through her deposition she figured out she was a criminal........

THANK YOU MUZIKMAN! Sure appreciate all you do.

Today's grammar lesson:

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/abbreviations.htm

Abbreviate the following:

Titles before names:

Mrs., Mr., Ms., Prof., Dr., Gen., Rep., Sen., St. (for Saint)

Notice that Miss is not an abbreviation, so we don't put a period after it. Ms. is not an abbreviation, either, but we do use a period after it — probably to keep it consistent with Mr. and Mrs.

The plural of Mr. is Messrs. (We invited Messrs. Carter, Lincoln, and Ford.) The plural of Dr. is Drs. (We consulted Drs. Carter, Lincoln, and Ford.) The plural of Mrs. is Mmes or Mmes. (with or without the period).

In most formal prose, we do not use titles, abbreviated or otherwise, with individuals. Ms. Emily Dickinson is simply Emily Dickinson, and after the first use of her full name, Dickinson will do (unless we need Emily to avoid confusion with other Dickinsons).

Well, we generally drop the e in Canada, and you haven't mentioned those plurals are actually based on the French language.:waitasec:

Hi! I have been reading this forum for a very, very long time, and this is my first post! Just registered a month or so ago. I can't even believe I am posting on this minor issue, but when reading Baden's motion, I noticed the "Mrs." grammar error/typo immediately, and one other one I noticed while reading and wanted to mention, in #5:
These types of errors in legal pleadings absolutely gall me, I used to be a legal secretary, and you just do NOT let these types of errors get filed in documents. You just don't.
Very minor point.....can't believe my first post it about this, but it is ridiculous to me!

From one former legal secretary to another: WELCOME!!! The work quality of the documents filed in this case on behalf of the defense has been embarrassing.....their conduct has been even worse.

Oh boy, I started the whole typo debate. I was just trying to make a joke. (Hate to tell everyone this, but we send stuff out with unnoticed typo's here all the time. All offices, not just this one.)

It was nice for nums to show us all of the correct abbreviations.

WELCOME TO WS NavySubMom!

Oh boy, I started the whole typo debate. I was just trying to make a joke. (Hate to tell everyone this, but we send stuff out with unnoticed typo's here all the time. All offices, not just this one.)

One might expect an occasional typo to slip by unnoticed.... but in this particular case, every motion is replete with them (as LDB would say...:crazy:)

IMO, it shows a lack of professionalism and concern over a proper motion...

LOL 21Merc - we are just having some fun - you should see my trying to comment on some of these threads with the spellcheck hounding me every step of the way - neighbour, colour, etc., to name a couple of things between the States and Canada - a ton of things plus the odd French slang we throw into our conversations!:dance:

PS I appreciated your initial post - it was very funny and helped to pass the time waiting for tomorrow's hearing! Thank you.

Thanks for the WELCOMEs! I felt trivial bringing up the typo, but I don't often have anything original to post before someone else brings it up first. I now work in scientific publishing and I am a crack proofreader, these types of things just jump out at me everywhere and I especially can't stand errors in legal pleadings.

Anyway, I am looking forward to watching the hearing tomorrow via the web, or possibly CourtTV. However, I go bonkers with CourtTV, all of the commercials, yoy! I remember watching CourtTV when it first came on, late 80's, you could watch a trial, start to finish, and NO commercials. I was addicted to it and I Loved It!! I think my obsessively watching the OJ trial is what destroyed my marriage :) I Remember Nancy Grace, Greg Jarrett, and many others got their start there. I like to see the whole trial/hearing, so I usually check here for the live web link. Also, can't wait to read everyone's posts tomorrow during the trial, love the snarky comments!

:Welcome-12-june: :Welcome-12-june: :Welcome-12-june:

Just imagine this- the SA have deposed umpteen witnesses and are trying to find correct contact info for the others listed.... and they haven't used any airplane tickets or $150 hotel rooms to do so- they used Skype... they are trying to be efficient with the State of Florida's time and resources - are you listening Baez?

bbm
IMO....NOPE

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix