2010.11.03 Bone Recovered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think LE might refer to a skull as a bone? Just thinking that there's got to be strong evidence that this is her to call it a crime scene especially since they know deer carcasses are dumped there. Either that or maybe a pelvis, something that would be quickly ruled out as animal remains.

I was wondering that exact thing yesterday.

I get a feeling this is gonna get too gory for me to read. It was getting like that in the other threads. I don't want to imagine the worst, I want hope for Zahra. I might give myself another time out for a few days instead of reading all these pages.

:hug: and :blowkiss: to you and yours, today and always. Stay strong, my friend, and know we're all thinking of you and your entire family during this time.

O/T

Is there somewhere in the forums where we can get updates on the latest developments in the case, without having to read through stuff that we already know?

My guess is that the bone was found during the line search leading up to the pond. And because of that finding, the pond got drained in hopes of more findings <?>

Your post makes so much sense to me. I am now thinking of the timeline of events for LE.

EB gives info to LE to give them clues
LE goes to the house - finds enough evidence to rip out walls, floors, plumbing and go through mulch piles - finding small pieces of evidence in the yard.
LE finds the prosthetic leg.
LE does search near the leg.
LE finds bone they believe is related to the case.
LE drains pond near bone and prosthesis.

Yesterday on JVM, Mike Brooks said LE would not have made the statement that the bone was believed to be that of Zahra unless they had a pretty good idea or proof somehow that it was. And on NG, I noticed she stated once that it was a child's bone. I've read most of the media reports and have seen nothing about it being a child's bone. How would they know that this soon, unless there was an ME there to confirm that?

Telling the age of a person from a single bone is a pretty narrow field of expertise. Easier if it's a femur or something like that, but still not a slam dunk. And probably not something a regular ME could do in the field at a moment's notice and be willing to hang his or her hat on. Which makes me wonder if they found the bone with some of her belongings or if they had someone qualified standing by just in case. Meaning they knew enough to know they might need someone with that skill. I hope I'm making sense. Thinking of what may have been done to that poor child makes me so mad I can't think straight! :furious:

O/T

Is there somewhere in the forums where we can get updates on the latest developments in the case, without having to read through stuff that we already know?

I just created a breaking news thread, hopefully that will work for this purpose!

Nancy Grace showed up on my FB page saying it was a human bone. Has that actually been confirmed?

out of curiousity, what makes you think she came clean?

Because they found the prosthetic leg. That wasn't happenstance. They were directed to that area.

I think she blamed it on her husband...........but she lead them to the location. imo I wouldn't call anything that came out of her mouth, coming "clean"...more like trying to save her own butt and making herself less culpable.

The timeline and all news articles are kept [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116947"]here[/ame]. No discussion is allowed, so it may be just the thing you're looking for.

Nancy Grace showed up on my FB page saying it was a human bone. Has that actually been confirmed?

No, LE has confirmed nothing. NG also said it was a child's bone last night.
Which has not been confirmed either.

She isn't big on facts.

I just created a breaking news thread, hopefully that will work for this purpose!

I saw it. Thank you so much for that, Sarx! Much easier for those of us just looking for update.

:cry: I'm a little bit familiar with that. My son also had an orphan disease, (very rare) he had Histiocytosis X, also a bone cancer..they have alot of simalarity's..very painfull. He still has some issues, he had it when he was 2 years old and had surgery, chemo and radiation for 3 years. the side effects from having those treatments when you are a child can be horrible as you grow older...

Poor Zahra, I wish i had known her and could have helped her...

btw my son is 24 now...:)

O/T

I left an answer, to the best of my abilities, in the forum questions sticky thread. HTH!

They found it in a line search. There were no dogs involved. I would think it was a bone not a fragment. JMO

I agree...think they'd have at least phrased it 'partial bone' or something if it was a fragment. I also think they know for sure it is a human bone...for them to actually announce the find, as well as making it a protected crime scene. JMO, IMO, MOO.

Hi Sarx! Thanks for your thread. It is a great idea to have a place for all breaking news. There was already one, as a sticky at the top of the forum, so I merged yours in there. That is a "sticky," which means it will always remain at the top of the forum and won't get lost, and you will always find all the latest MSM articles there.

There is no discussion in there - only media articles, so that should make it easier for people to get the latest news.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116947"]Zahra Baker timeline and media links only - No Discussion - - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

HTH!

ETA: Thanks to Imamaze and the others for doing such an incredible job at bringing over all the old media links to that sticky thread! Please keep it updated as new news comes in. :)

They found it in a line search. There were no dogs involved. I would think it was a bone not a fragment. JMO

I would think the wording is big clue to what they found-- LE said they found A bone.
They didn't say a piece of bone or a bone fragment.

So i believe it was a whole bone.

LE "Believe" it is human but have not confirmed that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB