2010.11.18 AB/EB Court Dates - Other Charges [MERGED]

We too, are among those that live paycheck to paycheck. I wish it wasn't that way and we work hard to hopefully escape that at some point. Raising 7 kids definitely puts a strain on the pocketbook! We do have a mortgage and a couple cars and my kids will eat 3 meals a day (at least 3 meals.....house full of boys). We make our way honestly, which doesn't seem to be the case for any of the players in this case. At least as far as EB goes, she seems to have survived this long only through deceiving people and illegal activities.

Well, that's another thing that points to maturity level, imo. And applied to my comment about that. It isn't JUST that AB only has $80 cash and assets, it's that he worked fulltime, bounced checks, doesn't appear to have saved any money what so ever, she didn't work but did collect disability. She also bounced checks. He got child support from ED, if what she says is true. I'm not seeing where they spent much money on Zahra for medical expenses. So...where did the money go? It seems like they just flittered it all away on...well, who knows what.

(Sorry if anyone took offense at my earlier post. Believe me, we don't have much financially either, so I was certainly NOT being judgemental about that. What little we do own outright, we purchased used. So I do get it.)

Ok, I just have to step in here at this point! This "mature' business ya'll are discussing. JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!!!! It's a rotten evil plan the government has come up with to make us feel old and worthless! lol.

moving on . . .

When is the next court date scheduled for all these penny ante charges? Any word on whether a Grand Jury is being convened as yets?

Moving on before one of those "damn mods" slaps me. ;)

slap.jpg

ETA: Maybe I'll use this rather than posting warnings in the future. It certainly grabs the eye, eh?

Well, that's another thing that points to maturity level, imo. And applied to my comment about that. It isn't JUST that AB only has $80 cash and assets, it's that he worked fulltime, bounced checks, doesn't appear to have saved any money what so ever, she didn't work but did collect disability. She also bounced checks. He got child support from ED, if what she says is true. I'm not seeing where they spent much money on Zahra for medical expenses. So...where did the money go? It seems like they just flittered it all away on...well, who knows what.

(Sorry if anyone took offense at my earlier post. Believe me, we don't have much financially either, so I was certainly NOT being judgemental about that. What little we do own outright, we purchased used. So I do get it.)

Well it appears as thought the bouncing checks didn't start until about 5 months after he got to the US so I'd say that's how long it took EB to go through the stash of cash he brought with him.

And the bouncing checks appeared to have stopped when he did finally get a job and she was possibly receiving "supplemental income from London".

MOO

We too, are among those that live paycheck to paycheck. I wish it wasn't that way and we work hard to hopefully escape that at some point. Raising 7 kids definitely puts a strain on the pocketbook! We do have a mortgage and a couple cars and my kids will eat 3 meals a day (at least 3 meals.....house full of boys). We make our way honestly, which doesn't seem to be the case for any of the players in this case. At least as far as EB goes, she seems to have survived this long only through deceiving people and illegal activities.

Good post. My parents raised six children, and my dad always worked hard to make ends meet for the family. A couple times a year they would take us out to a fancy restaurant for dinner. We appreciated every good thing we were given.

I hope the state of North Carolina will be paying for EB's room and board for the rest of her life. A single cell and three meals a day. That would be fine with me. They could even get her some new dentures. Give her a pen and she can doodle her candelabras on the wall. I don't care what she does, as long as she's removed from society.

IIRC the vehicles were seized after the second 911 call of the day, the one reporting Z missing.

Please refrain from discussing anything brought here through sleuthing non-suspects, as investigating the landlord or any other bystander is against WS policy. All posts referring to the landlord's private affairs will be pulled from this point on unless we have concrete evidence linking them to Zahra's case.

moving on . . .

When is the next court date scheduled for all these penny ante charges? Any word on whether a Grand Jury is being convened as yets?

I checked the NC court calendar for all counties using EY with a known birthdate.
EY was supposed to be in court today in Alexander County on a traffic charge from 2006. Driving while license revoked.
I guess since she didn't appear back in 2006 she would have been found guilty in absentia.
So that's one penny ante case taken care of. Don't know that she'd have to serve any time for this though.

Prosecutor files new motion concerning warrants in Zahra Baker case
Posted: Dec 03, 2010 6:36 PM EST
Updated: Dec 09, 2010 11:42 AM EST

By Steve Ohnesorge - bio l email

NEWTON, NC (WBTV & AP) - A motion has been filed by prosecutors for a January hearing to discuss six sealed search warrants in the investigation into the death of 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

The warrants reportedly include Elisa Baker's medical data, and information about a website where she and Zahra Baker's father met.

A hearing was already scheduled for January 13th to discuss two other warrants.

Assistant District Attorney Sean McGinness filed the motion late Wednesday afternoon and it would extend the seal on six additional warrants.

FULL COVERAGE: Follow the entire Zahra Baker case

Earlier this week, District Attorney James C. Gaither said although an agreement is in place with Elisa Baker, that all options are open at this time.

Baker is charged with obstruction of justice after she admitted to writing a fake ransom note the day her stepdaughter, Zahra Baker, was reported missing.

Related: Just WHO IS Elisa Baker? Read a profile

Baker's remains were found scattered in two locations in Caldwell County and her body had been dismembered.

Last week, 121 pages of warrants were released that show horrifying information in the case, including that Zahra's bones, blood and bodily liquids could be found in the drains of the Baker home.

Read the warrants: Group 1 | Group 2 | Group 3 | Group 4 (NOTE: Large pdf files)
more

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13614355

I'm confused. Is the hearing this morning about unsealing warrants? Or is it some charge EB faces?

I'm confused. Is the hearing this morning about unsealing warrants? Or is it some charge EB faces?

A court hearing will held in Catawba County Monday morning that could reveal even more details in the Zahra Baker death investigation. Baker is the 10-year-old girl whose remains were found scattered in two locations in Caldwell County in recent weeks. Officials said her body had been dismembered.
There are a lot of search warrants in this investigation that are currently sealed right now.
Two of the warrants that are sealed will be discussed in a hearing this morning and a judge could decide to make them public. Right now, it's unclear what those warrants could possibly reveal.
Six more warrants in the case reportedly have information on Elisa Baker's medical history as well as information on a website where she and Adam Baker met online.
It's those six warrants District Attorney James Gaither wants to remain sealed. He even filed a motion with the court last week to keep that paperwork private.

http://morganton.wbtv.com/content/j...rch-warrants-zahra-case-should-be-made-public

How can that be????
A plea deal going on?
confusion in the clerk's office

Prosecutor files new motion concerning warrants in Zahra Baker case
Posted: Dec 03, 2010 6:36 PM EST
Updated: Dec 09, 2010 11:42 AM EST

By Steve Ohnesorge - bio l email

NEWTON, NC (WBTV & AP) - A motion has been filed by prosecutors for a January hearing to discuss six sealed search warrants in the investigation into the death of 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

The warrants reportedly include Elisa Baker's medical data, and information about a website where she and Zahra Baker's father met.

A hearing was already scheduled for January 13th to discuss two other warrants.

Assistant District Attorney Sean McGinness filed the motion late Wednesday afternoon and it would extend the seal on six additional warrants.

FULL COVERAGE: Follow the entire Zahra Baker case

Earlier this week, District Attorney James C. Gaither said although an agreement is in place with Elisa Baker, that all options are open at this time.

Baker is charged with obstruction of justice after she admitted to writing a fake ransom note the day her stepdaughter, Zahra Baker, was reported missing.

Related: Just WHO IS Elisa Baker? Read a profile

Baker's remains were found scattered in two locations in Caldwell County and her body had been dismembered.

Last week, 121 pages of warrants were released that show horrifying information in the case, including that Zahra's bones, blood and bodily liquids could be found in the drains of the Baker home.

Read the warrants: Group 1 | Group 2 | Group 3 | Group 4 (NOTE: Large pdf files)
more

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13614355

BBM, was that date wrong, I thought it was Dec 13th?

I believe if i recall correctly that the Dec 13th was moved to january as per the request to keep the documents sealed

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back