2010.11.18 - Hearing on Clarification of DNA Testing

According to HHJP's order

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hig...20Evidence.pdf

it states:

"Mr. Eikelenboom is described as a pioneer in the field of touch DNA and is willing to test the items of evidence pro bono."

So can someone tell me why JB is asking for JAC payment?

Don't get it. TIA

Because the Judge denied the defense's motion, in part.
Judge did grant the Touch DNA testing on the 2 items mentioned in the motion.
Judge DENIED the Defenses request to send the items out of the United States, to Holland to have tested by the Eikelenbooms..who's lab is not certified in the US.
The Defense and SAO had agreed upon the Penn. lab to conduct the testing and the judge granted that part of the motion.

According to Cindy, it must have come from the body that someone snuck into the trunk when the car was at the impound lot, then snuck back out again just before George got there.

:rolleyes:

Yep, there's always that random, mysterious, disappearing corpse from the towyard to blame evidence and stinkiness in Casey's trunk on. *big eyeroll* That's right up there with Casey, upon hearing a hair with a death band on it was found in her car, saying, "Well, I'm alive!"

I swear, some of things that have come up in this case are just so...out there...it's mind boggling.

ETA: I think we speculated here that if there was another corpse, it was probably a missing pole dancer or stripper. A prostitute was possibly lumped in there as well, lol.

[/B]

BBM: Just thinking if defense does not feel this hair with the death band belongs to Caylee then what other dead person did KC have in the trunk of her car???????

Yes this family seems to go through a lot of dead bodies! The body that wasn't "my grandaugher", the person who put the body in the trunk at the tow yard...

The defense may as well burn that 2k for all the good it will do them. I hope they don't find any stray hairs, because that would be another person's life ruined needlessly. I love this "defense" that consists of nothing but fishing for other people to blame. No one thing will ever adequately explain Casey's actions.

So has it happened yet? I figured it was something like this:

HHJP: Okay, is everyone here?
Defense: Yes
JAC: Yes
HHJP: DENIED *click*
JAC: *click*
Baez: Wait! Did he just hang up on me? Hello? JAC? Is anyone there? WAAAAAAA! SO NOT FAIR! I had so many other delays - er, I mean issues - to bring up! Hey, wait, is this being recorded? No one said it was being recorded...*On and on with stupid blather*

Fastest hearing EVER. Well, except for Baez going on and on with no one listening, lol.

Oh my bad. I just looked at the time. I'll wait five more minutes, then check back. LOL.

That's going to be one short video, unless HHJP says those magic words Baez loves to hear: "Is there anything else?"

I wonder how tempted HHJP is going to be to hang up on Baez. lol.

Well that's a bummer. So when exactly does JAC get to stop paying outrageous fees for the defense?

I hope that testing backfires on them.

And I can't look at Facebook at work. Did it give any info? Do we know more details?

Well that's a bummer. So when exactly does JAC get to stop paying outrageous fees for the defense?

I hope that testing backfires on them.

And I can't look at Facebook at work. Did it give any info? Do we know more details?

All it says is "Defense Motion Granted, full story with video coming shortly"

All it says is "Defense Motion Granted, full story with video coming shortly"

KB is probably setting up on the steps of the Courthouse to give us a report, maybe she was sitting in the courtroom during the telephone hearing...

Perry OKs More DNA Testing In Anthony Case
Defense Gets Approval For Out-Of-State Testing

http://www.wesh.com/r/25840778/detail.html

During the hearing, Baez claimed that none of the state labs were certified The American Society of Crime Lab Directors. Brad Bischoff, representative for the JAC, could not confirm that any of the labs JAC lists as vendors are confirmed by ASCLAD.

Judge Belvin Perry said since the court had agreed that the items needed to be tested by an ASCLAD lab, he granted Baez's request to send the items to a lab in Pennsylvania called National Medical Services and spend the money on the testing.

I can't believe that JB could talk his way through on something this important (especially by phone) so the only thing I can think of is maybe HHJP just didn't want to overrule his previous decision.

I feel so disappointed though.

From Wesh's article, it seems like JAC dropped the ball on this one. The article said they couldn't confirm that any lab in the state was ASCLAD certified. They should have done their homework on that, right? Were they expecting a denial? I'm more bummed with them than the decision right now, unless I read that article wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal
Back