2010.11.30 DNA Due Back in 45 Days

Will DNA on Caylee's shorts/shirt/Whitney bag bring any viable evidence?

• No

Votes: 88 38.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No evidence after lying in swamp for 6 months

Votes: 99 43.6%
  • Plenty of evidence will be found on those items

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • other-write in your own

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • it will point to George or Cindy Anthony

Votes: 7 3.1%

• Total voters
As far as Caylee's murderer placing her in a bag that her grandmother or grandfather's dna was found, imo would be less than benign to a jury. It points to the bag originating from the Anthony home, as I suspect the prosecutors will argue with the duct tape.

I agree, but the counter arguement is of course the duct tape in your house and the bags in your house could have your dna on them. Doesn't mean you put the baby in the bag.

I think Casey is guilty as sin.
And I don't think defense will claim the bag or tape came from another locations. His only job is create a reasonable doubt about Casey.

Which is unwinnable in my opinion but odder things have happened.

I cannot imagine there will be anything useful found. After 6 months in the elements I would be shocked if anything significant were there. Of course, the defense only needs there to be something found, period, in order to try to create reasonable doubt. I think this is just another showing for the sake of appearances. JMO.

I agree..................there won't be anything in the way of DNA. Other items from the disposal site were tested for fingerprints/DNA and didn't yield anything. The exposure to the elements and submerged in water for six months have erased anything that was present.

I'm betting that aside from the lab submitting the bill to the JAC, that we will never hear of these tests or results again. Either nothing found, or certainly nothing exculpatory.

As far as Caylee's murderer placing her in a bag that her grandmother or grandfather's dna was found, imo would be less than benign to a jury. It points to the bag originating from the Anthony home, as I suspect the prosecutors will argue with the duct tape.
You are absolutely right. That would not be good for Casey.

I just listened to the hearing again and I took it that the shorts, t shirt and laundry bag had not been sent out yet. Ashton had only yesterday, been given the signed stipulation (chain of custody waiver) from Baez. Ashton then said he thought the items "would go out today".

I doubt they will get any viable dna, not one that would yield a full profile.

That said, Caylee wore that t shirt whilst at Riccardo's. Cindy said she didnt recognize it. The baby may even have slept in it and we are told Caylee would sleep between Riccardo and MOTY. Indeed, MOTY might have worked that out, all on her ownsome. :waitasec: Is that their stab in the dark?

And would we ever find out, if they only found dna that matched a member of the Anthony family?

kriskross, the shirt (or what remains of it) are not included for the DNA testing.

The shirt issue is probably very confusing as it is listed as one of the items in the poll question. . . Can that be corrected?

"Will DNA on Caylee's shorts/shirt/Whitney bag bring any viable evidence?"

45 seconds, minutes or days....the DNA will not be something the defense will use at trial.
It was Caylee, it was Casey...it was premeditated murder.
Pardon my surliness, this thing is getting waaay too long in the tooth.

Ok so if dna from "x" person is found on those items, but nothing from the Anthony's nor Casey, then I say phooey to the report.

I am thinking maybe pushing for touch DNA testing cause KC knows for sure there was some other perps DNA on either the laundry bag, the shorts, or both and she's praying the elements haven't washed it away. Surely it has?

I am thinking maybe pushing for touch DNA testing cause KC knows for sure there was some other perps DNA on either the laundry bag, the shorts, or both and she's praying the elements haven't washed it away. Surely it has?

BBM

Perp or patsy? :waitasec: :dance:

Welcome to Websleuths, Meeko!!!

:Welcome-12-june: :Welcome-12-june: :Welcome-12-june:

Definitely would not put it past any of them to plant DNA.

Well, with as much disdain as I have for KC and her defense team, I don't think even they would try that. They might be willing to traverse the edge of the truth and morality, but planting DNA would land them in jail. IMO, they are obligated to test some of Caylee's items, though it is a perfunctory effort on their part after 2 1/2 years. MOO.

Well, with as much disdain as I have for KC and her defense team, I don't think even they would try that. They might be willing to traverse the edge of the truth and morality, but planting DNA would land them in jail. IMO, they are obligated to test some of Caylee's items, though it is a perfunctory effort on their part after 2 1/2 years. MOO.

KC is in jail already. She is the one that perhaps knows for sure that when she left the items the planted DNA was on it. She is hoping the touch DNA might be able to reveal it. Just a theory....

KC is in jail already. She is the one that perhaps knows for sure that when she left the items the planted DNA was on it. She is hoping the touch DNA might be able to reveal it. Just a theory....

True! I think they are really hoping to find RK's DNA on it. They have already called him "as much a suspect as KC" so I think they are keeping their fingers crossed that maybe he touched or "wet" on something and left just a trace. The defense's only real job here is to create doubt. I think that is all they are looking for.

Ok so if dna from "x" person is found on those items, but nothing from the Anthony's nor Casey, then I say phooey to the report.

Baez was denied his choice of lab......in Holland. This lab in PA meets the ASCLAD requirement and is qualified and prepared to do the amplification work required to procure low copy/touch dna................ if it's there.

:twocents: I dont think this lab or any other independant lab would put their reputation on the line for around $2000.00. And quite frankly I don't believe Mason or even Baez would cross that line.

If no stranger dna is found, only Anthony dna .....no loss, no gain for the defense. They just don't hand it over to the State. If stranger dna plus Anthony dna, exists, sharing that with the State would NOT imo help Muffin, unless they're desperate enough to present the phantom nanny with the phantom key scenario.:crazy: If only stranger dna found...... it gets it's day in court......but I very much doubt that will be the upshot here.

What the defense shouldn't imo be allowed to do, is pick and choose what items' results, they disclose. I'm sure though, the prosecutors have that eventuality covered. :dance:

IMO, finding DNA on those short would mean nothing... at least to me it wouldn't. If by some miracle, DNA survived time and the elements and the defense discovered it through touch DNA, it really could have been left by anyone who ever put those shorts on Caylee. And, as someone stated above, if KC's (or the A's) DNA is not found, then the likelihood of DNA from only the imaginary killer would be pretty remote.

I believe the State would have no problem explaining all the possibilities to the jury IF DNA were found.... and with all the other evidence they will have, I just can't see the jury putting much stock in any DNA the defense might toss into the mix. I just don't believe it would create reasonable doubt for the jury.

To be honest, I'm a little worried that after RK kicked the bag he found in the swamp on Suburban, his DNA might be there. Had he not done that, I believe after lying in that swamp for 6 months that there would be no viable evidence to create doubt...JMHO

Just wondering what everyone else is thinking especially after I heard Baez wants to hold back the motion regarding RK until after the results from the testing are back...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

If the state didn't find RK's DNA , then it isn't there. This is just one of those smoke and mirror games this defense is so proficient at. Notice they waited 2 years after the remains were found to test for foreign DNA even though they've claimed since Caylee was found somebody else put her there. Like moving a dead body even if it was done, is somehow worse than murder. MO

Me neither. I'll stop there before I get a timeout or worse. :twocents:

I am just prayin' that there isn't ANY OTHER DNA found other than anyone in the Anthony gene pool. If there is a strange foreign DNA, or Kronk's or even Ricardo's then the defense would have more spin fuel for doubt. I just would hate to see someone have to get pulled into fray and for us to have excruciatingly watch Baez try to make something of it.

What makes more sense? Some mysterious person who leaves no trace, never been heard of and no viable explanation for.....OR, Mom weaves story of someone who does not exist taking the baby and will not cooperate with LE to help them find the child and all other circumstancial evidence points directly at Mom. Me thinks we worry too much. jmo

ANY foreign DNA found on the bag or the shorts would most likely come from when the bag was found or from contamination during collection, storage or testing. DNA from before or during Caylee's murder would be extremely degraded after 6 months in the swamp and being wrapped in plastic for days in a car trunk. Being degraded makes DNA susceptible to contamination. Contamination is a REAL problem with ultra-sensitive low touch dna testing.

However, despite finding unknown male DNA on Chandra Levy's tights and despite finding NO DNA evidence implicating Ingmar Guandique (the defendant on trial), Guandique was convicted. And that is despite no eyewitnesses, no confession or any forensics pointing to Guandique. (http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2010/11/prosecutors_had_little_evidenc.html) The prosecutors said that the mystery man's DNA found on Levy's tights probably came from a lab technician although they produced NO lab technician.

Anyway, I am pointing out the Levy case as an example of a high profile case where contamination in the lab was blamed for mystery DNA. Mystery DNA from a lab technician has ALREADY shown up on the duct tape evidence.

I do not think anybody planted anything. I think the defense is fishing and hoping. As things stand everyone already believes the laundry bag came from the Anthony house...George and Cindy admitted there used to be one like it in Caylee's room that held balls; now the balls are loose in an Anthony shed; and the ball bag is missing. Finding mystery DNA and making the state wriggle and claim lab contamination might improve Casey's position.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back