2010.12.21 Stream of Motions - General Discussion

hmmm ... good guess Sun! You might be right, it's definitely ones he doesn't want to "reveal" just yet ... if we look at very damning evidence that he didn't address in those motions, duct tape would be one ... could he be so bold as to try to exclude 31 days and pictures of her partying during them?

I'm wondering if he is going to try to exclude the tattoo?

And what about the contents of the white garbage bag that was tossed over the fence into the dumpster and sat there for awhile being "contaminated"? At the tow yard?

Is there an award for 'understatement of the day'? :floorlaugh:

PS: I am not making fun of you Leila, I think this post is priceless and can just picture HHJP's face when he is presented with this flurry of motions!

I know you're not making fun. :) And it IS an understatement. But that's all I had left after cleaning up what I really think JP's reaction will be. :angel:

Imagine if you were JP. You've been looking forward to a vacation with your family, getting away from the pressures and stress of the job for a week. You leave thinking all the cases you're presiding over are in order and up-to-date procedurally. Then you come home from your vacation and find Jose Baez's list of motions awaiting you. I would think that JP would have a few choice words, said only in the privacy of his office, to say about JB.

So, JP not being a "happy camper" was all I had left..................:angel:

YESSSS!!! WFTV has the motions! Hopefully They will post online!!!!

Defense Wants Casey's Myspace Postings Tossed Out

http://www.wftv.com/news/26328169/detail.html
Casey Anthony’s defense team filed motions, late Thursday, to keep the jury from hearing key evidence that was collected before her daughter, Caylee's body was found.

WFTV reporters reviewed more than 100 pages Thursday night.

In the documents, Casey’s attorney's J. Cheney Mason and Jose Baez requested to have nearly two dozen items tossed out.

One of those items is the tattoo Casey got two weeks after Caylee disappeared, which reads "bella vita" which is Italian for "beautiful life."

Does anyone have a clue what the Motion in Limine State of Florida might be about? I am scratching my head on this one. Is JB trying to get the entire state of Florida thrown out? Perhaps the word Florida and State will not be allowed to be used at trial?

Seriously, I think he is refering to the State Attorney's office, but that doesn't really make sense or he would have said Florida State Attorney.

What does he mean?

I really think this one must be the State's motion in limine.

red mine

I'm totally drawing a blank on what the "unreliable evidence" ones are ... any guesses ? One filed on the 29th and two on the 30th without any memorandum of law ... I'm wondering if these have to do with other forensic/scientific tests done by the State and Jose is holding back on the memorandum of law because he hasn't finished it yet or because it is being done by one of his experts ... or because he would rather hand it to Ashton in court a couple minutes before the Judge enters ???

Isn't one of those "unreliable evidence" motions about the air tests on the trunk?

It would be a real shame if the clerk's fax ran out of paper about, oh, say... 6:25 PM this afternoon.

Yeppers, a real shame.

:D

Sure, or the conscientious cleaning guy who is a greeenie walked by and shut it off for the night so the power wouldn't be "wasted".

In my world, this same guy knows who Baez is - and tipped his head to look at the legal firm these motions that were spilling out. He said to himself - Oh look, Mr. Baez.......Right..........Click. :croc:

And quietly turned the lights off also on the way out of the copy room.

the end

I wish Jan 3 would find JS making a cameo appearance.

We'll have to look up at Monday's hearing...maybe HHJS will be floating above HHBP's head, sittin' on his rainbow! LOL!

$5 says the Honorable Judge is already fully aware of each and every motion that has been filed.

I would expect that JP left instructions to be notified if JB filed any further motions prior to Monday's hearing.

Baez filed his Motion In Limine To Exclude Irrelevant Evidence of “Party Pictures and it was heard at the May 10 hearing. This is the which included the party pictures, gossip, rumor, innuendo and the 911 calls.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/22797741/detail.html

Concerning the "party" pictures Judge Perry ruled that he would defer ruling and that the State and the defense, under reciprocal discovery rules were to narrow down the issues by March. He said he would hold a hearing March 31 to settle issues about them.

This information comes from my personal notes about the hearing. I don't know if the March 31 date is still valid. So.... this is one motion Baez didn't have to file, again!

Here is the order for this, I'm not sure if the more recent order supercedes this or not.

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...vant Evidence of Party Pictures 5-10-2010.pdf

Tit for tat. JB was incredulous that JBP denied him this week with deadlines and all...

Well good gracious! I thought the news of the day was over by now. :blushing:
Go ahead and stick anything else in the new weekend thread, okay? lol

WFTV is reporting that these are defense motions, no one has reported anything about the State filing a motion. I am so confused.

I would expect that JP left instructions to be notified if JB filed any further motions prior to Monday's hearing.

Why do I suspect the clerk's office is on automatic data-send to HHJP's blackberry. He'll be reviewing all this on Sunday I suspect, however, while it seems like a pile to us, His Honor has seen all this before and is probably expecting it.

So I suspect also Monday will be just another day at the office for him. And I do believe he'll be a bustling on Monday afternoon.

WFTV is reporting that these are defense motions, no one has reported anything about the State filing a motion. I am so confused.

No worries Nums24 - Monday will be a rollin in the door before we know it. :great:

All will be made clear.

Well good gracious! I thought the news of the day was over by now. :blushing:
Go ahead and stick anything else in the new weekend thread, okay? lol

Does our weekend thread always start on Friday? I saw your post and thought - oh oh Beach is sleepy and wants to tuck herself in to her bed....

Does our weekend thread always start on Friday? I saw your post and thought - oh oh Beach is sleepy and wants to tuck herself in to her bed....

LOL! Well, that too.... :eek:fftobed:

I had to go look to make sure. Yep, they run from Fri. - Sun.

I try to change the threads according to est (Orlando time) and it was 12:30am when I opened it, so technically we are good. lol

LOL! Well, that too.... :eek:fftobed:

I had to go look to make sure. Yep, they run from Fri. - Sun.

I try to change the threads according to est (Orlando time) and it was 12:30am when I opened it, so technically we are good. lol

The question about Friday was a serious one not a :poke: one. I didn't know - one minute I was reading Nums24's news and the next minute it was the next day and at O. It is three hours behind here.

I don't think I've been online before when the new thread has gone up. That's what I thought you might be a bit sleepy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back