2011.02.21 Autopsy; COD & TOD Discussion *Warning: Graphic*

I do not believe the garbage disposal played a role. I believe the plumbing was taken because the sinks were used in the cleanup efforts and thus evidence of blood and tissue were found in the plumbing. To my knowledge, we do not even have confirmation that a garbage disposal existed in any of the home's sink and if one did, it would not be powerful enough to successfully be used in the dismemberment efforts.

I don't believe the garbage disposal could've played a role in disposing of any of Zahra's remains either without it becoming inoperable. Certain ordinary food products can't even be put in them. MOO

I don't believe the garbage disposal could've played a role in disposing of any of Zahra's remains either without it becoming inoperable. Certain ordinary food products can't even be put in them. MOO

I agree Panthera!!!! My husband puts too many carrots or potato skins in the garbage disposal all of the time. It doesn't take much to make one of them a huge problem for the rest of the family.

My grandmother's "insinkerator" did a great job on her diamond ring though :laugh:

Thanks, guys. I guess I was thinking along the lines of the bulk of any flesh needing to be dealt with; certainly, a gd wouldn't dispose of bones. I used to live in an apartment beneath a lovely family of Russian immigrants--unfortunately, their healthy, homecooked meals heavy on the cabbage regularly clogged the sink in our apartment, disposal included...

Thanks, guys. I guess I was thinking along the lines of the bulk of any flesh needing to be dealt with; certainly, a gd wouldn't dispose of bones. I used to live in an apartment beneath a lovely family of Russian immigrants--unfortunately, their healthy, homecooked meals heavy on the cabbage regularly clogged the sink in our apartment, disposal included...

Even that would probably create a problem for an ordinary disposal. Sadly, I'm afraid wildlife likely did that job. :( MOO

If the DOD was the 24th September wouldn't blood, body fluids and tissue in the drains have been washed away after two weeks or more? Surely EB and AB would have showered, cleaned their teeth etc. in that time. That would equate to a fair amount of water going down the bathroom drains and pushing along what had gone before it. On the other hand if dismemberment had occurred closer to the time of LE's search, it would be feasible to think that some evidence would still remain in the drains.

I'm not doubting the DOD but this is something that has stumped.

I am definatly questioning the DOD. I just dont think she was dead more than a day or two before the fire. Why wait that long to get rid of evidence???JMO

I am definatly questioning the DOD. I just dont think she was dead more than a day or two before the fire. Why wait that long to get rid of evidence???JMO

The more time that goes by, and the more I think about it, the more I'm with you on that thought. It will be interesting to hear what's revealed in court. This would certainly fit in with Adam's claim of seeing Zahra up and about in the week prior.

If the DOD was the 24th September wouldn't blood, body fluids and tissue in the drains have been washed away after two weeks or more? Surely EB and AB would have showered, cleaned their teeth etc. in that time. That would equate to a fair amount of water going down the bathroom drains and pushing along what had gone before it. On the other hand if dismemberment had occurred closer to the time of LE's search, it would be feasible to think that some evidence would still remain in the drains.

I'm not doubting the DOD but this is something that has stumped.

I presume bodily fluids would be flushed away, but pieces of tissue may not – they might be lodged in the pipes or drains. Consider my previous posts regarding the method of disposal used by, and reason for police catching, Dennis Nilsen (ie rotting flesh in the drains, pipes and sewer outside his residence).

I guess the examination of pipes, etc, would also reveal if any Draino (or similar drain cleaning product) had been used in the week or so prior as well, which might raise further suspicion.

IMO Adam did not SEE an alive Zahra for a good while before she was reported missing.

I am still up in the air about TOD but am open to it being correct or off. Waiting to see more of what the DA has to decide.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks they DID wait to dispose of the body/physical evidence. If Zahra were killed on or about the Sept. 25, I'm sure it wasn't long after that the cleanup effort began. I think the only reason they came up with the whole kidnapping fiasco was because something forced their hand. Maybe Emily wanting to see Zahra, maybe a vist from DSS, who knows?

I have to agree with both you and Makara on this.

For some reason I simply do not believe it was the 24th and have felt that since I first saw it. Just a gut feeling as I have no other explanation for it

As well I have to agree with you on this as well panthera. The motors would simply not be strong enough

EB cell phone pinged on that date. If LE had any other time her cell was pinging in the disposal areas,IMO they would not be using the Sept 25th date. IF that is not the date of disposal then her cell phone pinging on that date is pretty much meaningless. The lack of her cell phone pings on a later date in the disposal area would mean someone else did the disposal. jmo

I believe LE is using the location of EB's cell phone pings to determine when she was at the disposal sites, with her not being there closer to the time of the fire. This also would have given her plenty of time to clean up the house, and try to disguise whatever occurred inside it, feeling comfortable enough that she had indeed removed "evidence" when the "fire" occurred. MOO

There are so many threads about this case I honestly didn't know which one to go to, nor have I read all or many post and what has been posted. So I am just going to go ahead and give my opinion on this case right here. I just read about it yesterday on CrimeLibrary.com.

I can't believe how disgusting and nasty this case is and was. The father obviously didn't pay attention to his daughter enough to know she had bruises, or a change in her behavior. He always blamed it on his working schedule. I guess he never got a day off? I guess he worked 24/7 and had NO free time to even speak to his daughter? How did he NOT know she was being abused?

Now for the neighbors and family members. There were numerous reports after the disappearance of Zahra where neighbors/family said they knew the child was being abused. And none of them did anything..... why? All it could have taken was 1 call to DCF and Zahra may still amongst us today. How selfish, is this what the world is today, a bunch of mind numbing zombies only to shut out the rest of the world and not pay attention to anything that surrounds us? From what I gathered....3 neighbors, and 2 family members knew about the abuse. And each and every one of them said " I wish I would have reported it ". Ya think????

I'm sure as I read over these threads I will find some answers to my questions. As I said I only just read about this story yesterday and have not read through any of these threads, there are so many.

Was the COD ever determined in this case? I don't think I can handle the emotional turmoil after the recent verdict in the CA trial.

Thanks. I didn't think they had determined the actual cause of death. Apparently, for some jurors *cough cough*, it's necessary :rolleyes:.

You can bet the farm, the defense will have taken notes from the Jose Baez playbook.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back