2011.02.21: Hailey's Angel's Quit Searching(decision reversed 2011.2.22)

Just curious about the statement made regarding Klaaskids and Laura Recovery NOT being invited, does anyone know if this is true? I'm curious if this is true why an appreciation dinner for "searchers" would not include two of the primary groups helping with searching?

I don't believe that this is true sarx because there definitely was a table for 'KlaasKids' there and I believe a 'Laura Recovery' as well. (The tables had 'KlaasKids' and 'Laura Recovery' written on the paper table covers.)

I don't believe that this is true sarx because there definitely was a table for 'KlaasKids' there and I believe a 'Laura Recovery' as well.
Hmmm, when I talked to a few different people at the CC they knew nothing about it. Also know that there were some SAR teams out there who hadn't heard a thing about it either. Very confusing. Maybe it was just a lack of communication?

How could the other Orgs not know? IIRC, people here were asking about ordering food for this event. I need to go look to see if I have lost my mind or not.

How could the other Orgs not know? IIRC, people here were asking about ordering food for this event. I need to go look to see if I have lost my mind or not.

I dunno, just what they told me. Course, not everyone reads here (gasp!)

I think we dissect and inspect stuff so much here that we can have a warped sense of what is common knowledge sometimes, kwim?

Ok, maybe I should alert on my own posts, I think this is taking this way off topic, sorry folks, back to original focus!

Ok, found an article from 2-18 and it was discussed all over WS. My understanding is this function was for ALL the searchers. Personally, I think BD is full of it.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/search-fulltext?nxd_id=343316

I didn't realize that it had been in the media prior. TY. I think it was a blunder on CD & BD's part. It clearly states it was for the volunteers.... unless someone invited CD. From her past involvement with them, to me, the only reason BD would put her foot forward would be to either find out info, or trying to prepare her public image for the trip to the rally. imo

I'd like to see HA get past this small, perceived barrier of BD and keep their focus on Hailey and keep searching for evidence and HD herself.

This is such sad news for Hailey and the investigation.

That is not what I got from it. She said it was because the searchers were shown searching 'the dirty fields and dirty creeks' and it implied a dead body, so she was upset. She wants not to be associated with them because she wants them to be looking for a LIVE Hailey, in her words.
The crew member wanted to turn it off because Billie was upset, not because the video made her a target in any way.

And we heard from Billie herself what the problem was. She said NOTHING about the video making her a target. She said it was because the video showed them searching for a dead body and because this group 'thinks Shawn did something horrible to Hailey" and she thinks their goal is to prove that to her.

ETA= this is not the only reason they would want to give up their searching. It is probably just the straw that breaks the camels back.
She has NEVER been gracious towards them. And she has NEVER been thankful nor helpful in any way. So why would they want to keep looking for her child. Some of them have looked EVERY DAY FOR 8 WEEKS.

I don't know about anyone else but knowing her own mother didn't care would make me even more determined. You stop searching because her mother isn't gracious or thankful or helpful? No, sorry. :banghead:

I'm glad they changed their minds.

ETA- oops, looks like they changed their minds AGAIN?!

It doesn't make sense to me to stop searching for a missing child just because of how their family member(s) act. In the majority of missing child cases, the perpetrator is a family member or someone close to the family, so obviously they're not all going to be showing 100% gratitude for the searchers' efforts.

I have opened a thread in the Parking Lot for the Hailey's Angel video that was shown at the appreciation dinner. This is not a FB thread. The videos are on Facebook so I've opened a thread for you to view and discuss the video which is in 4 parts.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$