2011.03.23 Frye Hearing - Afternoon portion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank all of you for the play by play of today's proceedings. :blowkiss: It took me all night to read these 2 threads & based on your postings, I think I'll skip watching the morning phase, but I can't wait to watch the afternoon one! But I'll have to wait until tomorrow - or maybe even the weekend if I end up reading for hours again about tomorrow's hearing, lol. But somehow soon I WILL watch LDB in action from today! That woman is amazing :great:

I guess I could see their point if ICA has tenderly placed Caylee somewhere rather than carrying her around in the trunk of her car until well into decomp, going on a date and renting a murder mystery with her main squeeze the same night Caylee apparently died, the fusion stuff, the lies, more lies and even more lies - and the amount of time she has spent in jail rather than just breaking down and admitting it was an accident.- it is simply not explainable by anything except murder.

'Xactly.. well said!

She's trying to look intelligent. Someone should hand her a phone with the numbers 9 1 1 only on it!

Pitiful the way she sits there looking at papers and writing who knows what. I think she is just putting on airs. What would she have to write about that is taking all of her time and attention? Seems to me she would be doing that while she is sitting in her cell with nothing else to do. I'm suprised that she isn't sitting there writing a letter to someone...or is she? She could get a lot of letters written while she sits there looking so busy..lol. She should unbutton another button on her blouse. Heck, why stop with just one or two!

I wonder why JB is not slapped down for some more outrageous behavior that he demonstrated today. Deliberate delays and distractions to deflect the facts. Stall tactics maybe. First off, DS wasted this morning debating with HHJP on what a Frye hearing was for. DS should have been reined in before she used all of that valuable court time and money with irrelevant drag-on drone-on questions.

Yep, but look at the upside, Jeff Ashton knows exactly how DS plans to attack the hair issue and Miss Lowe. She threw out everything in her tool box today in an attempt to get the FBI lady to falter on her testimony but very little on the principals of novel science. :crazy: So now we have an even more clued in prosecutor and witness, come trial. And the death hair is most definitely coming in.

moo

I wonder if ICA will keep up these reading and writing exercises once the trial starts and if so what effect it will have jury. To me it seems like she is showing too much of a business attitude to all this which makes her appear cold.

Fabulous new You Tube Channel. Poster uploading today's hearing as we speak. Awesome quality and mostly unedited unlike WFTV.

All of the miranda/agents of the State tapes are there too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/S0meRand0mName#p/u/0/gFvHvBj_I0I"]YouTube - S0meRand0mName's Channel[/ame]

:woohoo:

Here's the final part of Wednesday's hearing, where Thursday's testimony is discussed.

Classic Baez.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iByrzvi50s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iByrzvi50s[/ame]

Pitiful the way she sits there looking at papers and writing who knows what. I think she is just putting on airs. What would she have to write about that is taking all of her time and attention? Seems to me she would be doing that while she is sitting in her cell with nothing else to do. I'm suprised that she isn't sitting there writing a letter to someone...or is she? She could get a lot of letters written while she sits there looking so busy..lol. She should unbutton another button on her blouse. Heck, why stop with just one or two!

I predict the busy paralegal MO will be gone by May 16th. Innocent defendants would be expected to take an interest in proceedings, particularly witness testimony. ICA uses her homework assignment as a shield.

I thought she looked scared today.

I can't seem to find a link to Wednesday a.m. videos. I looked at the channel for the videos posted above, but I can't hear the FBI agent talking. Looked various places.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks very much!

I still do not get what Baez was trying to do by giving this 5000 pages of 'background' info to SA on Monday. Baez says ' Well, 'no problema, we aren't even going to use any of it...well maybe one or two things..."

And when pressed by the judge Baez says it is 'articles, patents Vass took out, seminars he attended, various documents...'

So, does that mean that Baez has 2 0r 3 'surprise' lines of objection that he wants to slip in, unnoticed? And he figures if he puts it in a CD with 5000 pages of useless info he will be able to sneak it past ?

Like he found out Vass once attended some wacky UFO conference or something and he wants to have a 'Perry Mason Moment' and spring it on them suddenly, like a true hero.

I still do not get what Baez was trying to do by giving this 5000 pages of 'background' info to SA on Monday. Baez says ' Well, 'no problema, we aren't even going to use any of it...well maybe one or two things..."

And when pressed by the judge Baez says it is 'articles, patents Vass took out, seminars he attended, various documents...'

So, does that mean that Baez has 2 0r 3 'surprise' lines of objection that he wants to slip in, unnoticed? And he figures if he puts it in a CD with 5000 pages of useless info he will be able to sneak it past ?

Like he found out Vass once attended some wacky UFO conference or something and he wants to have a 'Perry Mason Moment' and spring it on them suddenly, like a true hero.

Totally..."there's just this...one...thing..." :floorlaugh: :eek:fftobed:

I wonder if ICA will keep up these reading and writing exercises once the trial starts and if so what effect it will have jury. To me it seems like she is showing too much of a business attitude to all this which makes her appear cold.

ABSOLUTELY, as it is blatantly clear (at least to me) that Jose has accomplished at least one thing in defending Casey....he has successfully kept her busy!

I believe that after the first few court appearances, after seeing Casey's "mannerisms" in the courtroom, and the ensuing commentary online about her actions, Jose swung into action and has been working very hard to manipulate Casey into believing that SHE is "team leader" and SHE is the "director of the defense".

Once he stroked her ego in this manner, he has made it a point to arrive in court with "busy work" for her while the hearings are conducted to keep her focused AWAY from what is being discussed in court, or simply fidgeting or appearing bored.

I strongly suspect that they (the defense) is providing her with lengthy depositions, etc that are completely UNRELATED to the hearing matter and directing her that they NEED her to review with a fine tooth comb and make notes of what SHE wants THEM to address....all in attempt to keep her busy and WERKIN....

Remember, Casey does NOT have a very long attention span but I imagine she is feeling pretty important to finally be in a position (in her mind) of finally being in complete control of "HER BOYS".......

I just wish ONCE I could be privy to the post-hearing conversation between Baez and Mason after they leave the courthouse and giggle like little boys over the "notes" Casey has written for them! :floorlaugh:

Will be interesting to see what transpires with this, as you may recall, Baez attempted this during the trial of Nilton Diaz, who....as you may also recall....was convicted....and eventually filed an appeal based on ineffective counsel against Baez....

You would think Baez would have learned his lesson about "sneaking evidence" into an ongoing trial, but history has shown that it takes Baez two, three.......31 times to learn a lesson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda