2011.04.06 Clint Dunn Arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure CD was given a new court date. Do we know who bailed him out this time?

Hopefully, he will camp out the night before at the courthouse for his next court date.

JMO

Where is Hailey????

I'm sure CD was given a new court date. Do we know who bailed him out this time?

Hopefully, he will camp out the night before at the courthouse for his next court date.

JMO

Where is Hailey????

Look downstairs in the facebook thread at Tehcloser's post
it states how he made bail

Pardon me, but isn't that due just as much to the substance being made illegal, rather than due to the substance itself? During prohibition, we got organized crime gangs and families. Now we have organized crime over illegal drugs. The recreational use of pot by one user can hardly be said to contribute to deaths due to drug violence, just as a flapper drinking bathtub gin in a speakeasy some 90 years ago could hardly have been directly responsible for organized crime killings. This is ridiculous. Make the violent offenders pay for their violence, sure, but what message on earth does it send to crack down on CD for being late on a pot charge? When we treat a recreational user with the same sense of vengeance that we'd treat a murderer, there is no meaning left to the law. It's no wonder people have no respect for cannabis laws, when we treat recreational users the same way we'd treat a rapist or murderer. :waitasec:

I think judges and prosecutors like to "crack down" in cases like this because it lets them make a show of being "tough on crime". Meanwhile, the guy with kiddie *advertiser censored* sits at home in Momma's house, and Hailey still isn't with her family. What a sideshow.

With that, I'm done with this. Until there is more news on the case, it's not worth following. In the silence, people are looking for something to latch onto, and now it's time for CD to be the target because of pot use, and made to be responsible for the drug violence at the border? No thanks, I'll wait for real news about the real criminals.

re: illegal drugs – supply and demand – they are dependent on one another – there is not one without the other – therefore, both contribute to the illegal drug related murders.

re: cp – patience – charges will be coming.

For what it’s worth, I’m as frustrated as you about seeing a just end to this case.

Gardenlady, you've made some very good points.
I have nothing against pot smokers, like I said earlier, if they can still function at normal, and yes, I know many that do. I would vote they legalize it because it is far less harmful, IMO, than alcohol, and I sure haven't seen anyone that I know move on to harder drugs like some would like us to believe. That said....to me this isn't about Clint or anyone else lighting one up.
I do respect your opinions.

re: illegal drugs – supply and demand – they are dependent on one another – there is not one without the other – therefore, both contribute to the illegal drug related murders.

re: cp – patience – charges will be coming.

For what it’s worth, I’m as frustrated as you about seeing a just end to this case.
I'm just guessing and have absolutely no way of knowing, nor do I need to, but I think Clint may grow his own or have a trusted supplier that doesn't get theirs from Mexico.
JMO

The message that sould be sent to each and every person convicted of a crime should be the same. Every crime has a set penalty under the law and it should be upheld without exception. Of course rape and illegal substance use are not the same...the legal system has provided for that by making the consequences for the crimes different.

I may be a bit old fashioned here, but it is my personal belief that behaviors that are met with significant enough negative consequences are not continued. Behaviors that are met with positive consequences are repeated. A pattern of behavior that is reinforced with an vairable ratio schedule of reinforcement is almost impossible to extinguish. It seems that by giving passes we tend to not apply the negative consequence that is greater than the positive consequence that is intrinsic of substance use thereby increasing the chances that the behavior will continue to happen, and likely with increasing frequency and intensity.

Just an fyi, substance abuse is not only affecting a person and his or her own lungs...here are some links that share some of the impacts of substance abuse:
http://www.drug-rehabs.com/addiction_costofaddiction.htm

The negative consequences of drug abuse affect not only individuals who abuse drugs but also their families and friends, various businesses, and government resources. Although many of these effects cannot be quantified, ONDCP recently reported that in 2002, the economic cost of drug abuse to the United States was $180.9 billion.
http://www.justice.gov/ndic/pubs11/18862/impact.htm

This one kind of hit home with this case in particular and there is much more at the sight:
In families where alcohol or other drugs are being abused, behavior is frequently unpredictable and communication is unclear. Family life is characterized by chaos and unpredictability. Behavior can range from loving to withdrawn to crazy. Structure and rules may be either nonexistent or inconsistent. Children, who may not understand that their parent’s behavior and mood is determined by the amount of alcohol or other drugs in their bloodstream, can feel confused and insecure. They love their parents and worry about them, and yet feel angry and hurt that their parents do not love them enough to stop using.
http://www.coaf.org/professionals/effects .htm

I'm just guessing and have absolutely no way of knowing, nor do I need to, but I think Clint may grow his own or have a trusted supplier that doesn't get theirs from Mexico.
JMO

My use of the US/Mexico border murders was just an example of the fall out, damage, deaths, destruction due to the use, growth, supplying of illegal drugs. Unfortunately, many innocents are affected along with the criminals.

My bottomline here – CD was caught with illegal drugs, was late to a court date, and was properly dealt with due to CD's actions. Judge gave CD a “Go Directly to Jail” card. Bravo Judge!

Now, I'm impatiently waiting for SA, BD, and everyone else who committed crimes in this case to receive their own, personal "Go Directly to Jail" card.

I don't think there are any of us who are not eager to see child *advertiser censored* charges in this case. That said, considering the vast amount of images that we have been informed of, surely one must realize that it takes time to sort through those images. I am so ready to see Billie and Shawn behind bars but by the same token, and while I have the greatest of sympathy for Clint's plight as far as his daughter being missing, he has to realize that he can serve absolutely no purpose to Hailey if he is behind bars and this is where my frustration with him lies. He was willing to take a chance in being late to court and hoped that the judge would just say oh well, no worries. What if he hadn't had someone to bond him out? He would still be sitting there today and for what purpose would that serve in finding Hailey?

~jmo~

It doesn't really matter if weed should or should not be illegal.. the fact is.. it IS illegal. End of story.

Respectfully snipped- thank you CaseyLPC for this very accurate post.

<In families where alcohol or other drugs are being abused, behavior is frequently unpredictable and communication is unclear. Family life is characterized by chaos and unpredictability. Behavior can range from loving to withdrawn to crazy. Structure and rules may be either nonexistent or inconsistent. Children, who may not understand that their parent&#8217;s behavior and mood is determined by the amount of alcohol or other drugs in their bloodstream, can feel confused and insecure. They love their parents and worry about them, and yet feel angry and hurt that their parents do not love them enough to stop using.
http://www.coaf.org/professionals/effects%20.htm >

So very true, grew up with an alchoholic mom, learned early on that I had to fend for myself and my sister as my mom was not avaible for our needs. To this day (even though she no longer drink as much...still drink though) she believes she was a wonderful mother to us growing up...denial is strong when substance abuse is going on.

Respectfully snipped- thank you CaseyLPC for this very accurate post.

<In families where alcohol or other drugs are being abused, behavior is frequently unpredictable and communication is unclear. Family life is characterized by chaos and unpredictability. Behavior can range from loving to withdrawn to crazy. Structure and rules may be either nonexistent or inconsistent. Children, who may not understand that their parent’s behavior and mood is determined by the amount of alcohol or other drugs in their bloodstream, can feel confused and insecure. They love their parents and worry about them, and yet feel angry and hurt that their parents do not love them enough to stop using.
http://www.coaf.org/professionals/effects%20.htm >

I don't think there are any of us who are not eager to see child *advertiser censored* charges in this case. That said, considering the vast amount of images that we have been informed of, surely one must realize that it takes time to sort through those images. [snipped]

It would take a while to sort through them, yes. But if there really is CP and they really think it belongs to SA, why wouldn't they start with one or two counts, arrest him and get him off the street, and then add more as they go along? I'd think a couple of charges and reasonable belief that thousands more would be coming along would be enough to keep him securely locked up.

Just curious to hear some theories as to why LE wouldn't have moved on this by now if they really had something. That there's a mountain of CP isn't doing it for me.

The reason I believe that LE can't charge him right now is because of the number of people that may have had access to the computer and/or memory sticks, at least that would be my guess. I know in addition to his mother and stepfather, I believe he had a brother who had access to the computer in the mother's home as well. As for the computer at his grandmother's house, there may have been more than just Shawn that had access to that computer as well. As far as the memory sticks, we have conflicting reports as to the CP on at least the memory stick that was located at Billie's house. I would think that it would have to be iron clad before they could issue a warrant. Perhaps some of the photos looked like young girls but in fact maybe they were just dressed that way. I haven't a clue but like I said earlier, we are all eager to see charges filed but I would rather LE make sure that they have a solid case instead of arresting him and then having to release him. What would be more beneficial than even the CP is if Billie or Shawn would answer the very simple question of WHERE'S HAILEY.

~jmo~

BBM: I agree, hollyblue. Also, if one is running late for a court date for a valid reason, it usually only takes a call to the clert of court to notify. The judge may then request showing cause, but it likely won't get you arrested. Likewise, if you are already involved in a situation such as we are seeing here- and you are going to be late to a court date- I'd be on the phone to my attorney asking him to respectfully call the clerk.
Then when you show up and court is already in session (because you are late) you either find another clerk, or you hand a baliff a note to pass to the clerk who is sitting in.
I don't know how the situation with CD went down, but it seems to me that this situation could have been minimized.
And, I too would like to know why he was late. It might help explain why the judge was so displeased.

It's not always so simple as to just call and let the clerk know your gonna be late. You'll call and tell 'em and they'll say "well, sorry but you better get here or we'll put out a warrant". Sometimes your lawyer can even be there showing up for you and they still put out a bench warrant. They don't care! (I'm a convicted felony drug offender) I agree, it could have been minimized but to me, IMO, it seems apparent Clint has a history with LE and they may be fed up with him.. I think they wanted to send him a clear message. I don't think this was about being 40 minutes late for court (and I don't know how court works there but where I come from, you go to court and stand in a line for HOURS waiting for the prosecutor then go sit in the court room for HOURS then if you don't get called they take lunch then you go sit again and wait.. many people come late because they figure they will be sitting and waiting anyway.. not smart but) I think he's a known drug user who has been arrested multiple times and they are fed up so they are gonna nail him every opportunity they can.

It's not always so simple as to just call and let the clerk know your gonna be late. You'll call and tell 'em and they'll say "well, sorry but you better get here or we'll put out a warrant". Sometimes your lawyer can even be there showing up for you and they still put out a bench warrant. They don't care! (I'm a convicted felony drug offender) I agree, it could have been minimized but to me, IMO, it seems apparent Clint has a history with LE and they may be fed up with him.. I think they wanted to send him a clear message. I don't think this was about being 40 minutes late for court (and I don't know how court works there but where I come from, you go to court and stand in a line for HOURS waiting for the prosecutor then go sit in the court room for HOURS then if you don't get called they take lunch then you go sit again and wait.. many people come late because they figure they will be sitting and waiting anyway.. not smart but) I think he's a known drug user who has been arrested multiple times and they are fed up so they are gonna nail him every opportunity they can.

Hmm. Well I suppose there's a lot of truth to that. I'd still make the attempt to call or have my attorney call. I guess we also don't know that CD didn't attempt to call. :waitasec:

However, I still think if I were a habitual offender who was familiar with the court system in my area and how it worked- and there was the possibility that any of my known associates may possibly have knowledge of the whereabouts of my missing child- I wouldn't be late unless I got hit by a truck on the way to court hours prior to my appointed time.

Just because I wouldn't want to be in the clink for even one minute more than I had to be, kwim?

Idk. JMO. not bashing CD at all. Just wondering about his frame of mind.

A judge wouldn't care who called. If someone isn't in court, they get a bench warrant, end of story.

Habitual offenders tend to be the type who get these kind of arrests, actually. It's one of the reasons they become . . . habitual offenders. It's a never ending circle of trouble because they can't always get it together, and unfortunately they don't always have transportation. But Judges don't take that into consideration at all.

Absolutely. Very good post :)

Pardon me, but isn't that due just as much to the substance being made illegal, rather than due to the substance itself? During prohibition, we got organized crime gangs and families. Now we have organized crime over illegal drugs. The recreational use of pot by one user can hardly be said to contribute to deaths due to drug violence, just as a flapper drinking bathtub gin in a speakeasy some 90 years ago could hardly have been directly responsible for organized crime killings. This is ridiculous. Make the violent offenders pay for their violence, sure, but what message on earth does it send to crack down on CD for being late on a pot charge? When we treat a recreational user with the same sense of vengeance that we'd treat a murderer, there is no meaning left to the law. It's no wonder people have no respect for cannabis laws, when we treat recreational users the same way we'd treat a rapist or murderer. :waitasec:

I think judges and prosecutors like to "crack down" in cases like this because it lets them make a show of being "tough on crime". Meanwhile, the guy with kiddie *advertiser censored* sits at home in Momma's house, and Hailey still isn't with her family. What a sideshow.

With that, I'm done with this. Until there is more news on the case, it's not worth following. In the silence, people are looking for something to latch onto, and now it's time for CD to be the target because of pot use, and made to be responsible for the drug violence at the border? No thanks, I'll wait for real news about the real criminals.

I totally agree. Fantastic post.

This whole case is mind boggling to say the least. There are so many irresponsible, immature, law breaking adults in this case. I want to believe LE have some strong leads and evidence as to why they said what they said to CD. Sadly, I don't think HD is alive anymore, and I don't know as much as LE do in this case. JMO.

MOO about CD not downing BD or SA or going public about what he may know about the 2 of them, is he wants to look like the good guy in all of this and isn't going to bash anyone anymore then he has in the past. He's trying to keep the peace and not turn this case into a 3 ring cirus, although it's gone way beyone that. As far as being arrested for not showing up to court/being late. CD should know better, he's had run ins with the law and court in the past and is an adult. He is not setting a very good example for the children in his life and that alone is very sad. I can only imagine what DD is thinking about all of this. Poor kids don't seem to have very good role models in their lives. JMHO.

And the bottom line, the law is the law is the law. No matter what playing field you're on, you break the law, you will be dealt with by LE if caught.

Booking #: 061893 Abilene Police Department
Facility: Booked: 05/24/2013 Released:

Name Dunn, Clinton William Desc White Male 5' 7" 170 lbs
Alias Dunn, Clinton William; Dunn, Clinton; Dunn, Clint; Dunn, Clinton W Hair Brown
SO # 108804 Eyes Hazel
DOB 10/20/1977
Address 309 36th ST
Snyder, TX 79549

Front View Mugshot

Warrant #

Charge

Issuing Auth

Offense Date

Bond/Type

Fine/Crt Costs

Disposition

O/S 'A' UNL CARRYING WEAPON APD 05/24/2013

Surety Bond

O/S 'B' PSMJ < 2 oz. APD 05/24/2013

Surety Bond

/sigh Not the arrest I want to see. I wish he could keep himself out of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500