2011.04.15 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. That is what I was trying to say when I talked about the change of demeanor in the SAs upthread. They almost look beaten down. All the while JB is strutting like a peacock.

But Baez said it himself - "just because you are smiling (or smirking) doesn't mean you are happy".

Good morning folks! Once again the overnight Sidebar posters self-modded exceptionally well. Thank you so much for that! :blowkiss:

I'm gonna go make some coffee before we close up shop here... so you have a moment to gather up your stuff, finish those mimosas, and get ready to head to the topic-specific thread of your choice. Thank you all again for being generally wonderful!

I think Baez is going to say that ICA created the nanny in her mind and made herself believe that Caylee was okay....that Caylee was at Sea World, that Caylee was at Universal...etc. etc. ....and that is why she went on as if nothing happened, because she literally believed (in her mind) that Caylee was okay with the nanny.....what else could sum up her actions in the first minute of opening statements?
With that being said, I do not agree that this as an excuse is excusable, I'm just sayin' that this is something the DT might try to use....

I think Baez is going to say that ICA created the nanny in her mind and made herself believe that Caylee was okay....that Caylee was at Sea World, that Caylee was at Universal...etc. etc. ....and that is why she went on as if nothing happened, because she literally believed (in her mind) that Caylee was okay with the nanny.....what else could sum up her actions in the first minute of opening statements?
With that being said, I do not agree that this as an excuse is excusable, I'm just sayin' that this is something the DT might try to use....

I agree I think he was going to "try" to say that until his pseudo mental health expert testimony got shot down and his experts bailed. Now up creek - no paddles.

But JB and now LKB have stated publicly that she lied. That's a conscious act, not the result of some fantasy creation .

Right, but that does not mean that he can't say it in opening statements anyway....even though it won't be backed by any other testimony, he can still say it to the jury on opening and closing....at least that is my understanding...

Hi again all... I have bumped the "what is the defense strategy" thread, which seems like a good spot to continue this conversation. If you give me a second I will copy these last couple of posts over there too.

Closing time at the Sidebar... See you all next time! :tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member