2011.05.02 Motions/Status Hearing 9:30 AM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atty for multiple news agencies arguing . . . .
HHBP asked how many capital cases have you tried or how many times have you selected a jury on capital cases?
Atty : I have not . . .

CJBP is whacking this lawyer--how many capital cases have you tried?

"Whether the news media's counsel has tried a murder case is not a..." relevant question...

Aedrys - atty reciting littany of reasons - Judge grilling her on "how many capital cases have you tried..." he seems a bit impatient with the argument. Atty argues back well - I don't think she'll get it, but she's professional. Judge is very up in her face (for him) it's a more aggressive style from him

His Honor is snarky today....

How many capital cases have you tried..Just answser my question...

Judge interrupted this attorney to ask her how many capital cases she has tried or tried to seat a jury??

Now he is quizzing her on case law.

He is having NONE OF THIS BS......I have never seen him shut someone down so fast.

HHJP just asked how many capital cases and how many capital cases this lawyer has been invovled with...HHJP not in a good mood.... very quick---jb better not daudle....

I think this media attorney should watch her words with this judge. Her use of "improper" many times won't set well with him.

"How many capital cases have YOU tried?" Gotta love this guy.

HHJP is NOT playing around today....should get VERY interesting when defense approaches him...

This is a verbal slap down. JB might want to be a bit nervous. This motion is setting the tone for the entire hearing.

JP: Is there anything that would prevent the media from publishing if they found location from independent source? NO - this does not prohibit them.

Very assertive

There is nothing ma'am in that agreement that would prohibit any news organization from using any sources any means they want to from finding the location and broadcasting.

he has done the lip pucker...along with rocking in his chair....

Is he hearing CA and GA motion to be excused from sequestration today?

WOW! Judge Perry is not playing!

I'm thinking the media is going to lose this one! Big Time!

The agreement does not prohibit the media from reporting on this case!

There is nothing in the agreement that prohibits the media from discovering the location from independent actions/sources. If they can find out on their own then they can broadcast. . .

JP says this does not prohibit media from reporting location if they find it out independantly or by any means other than court, they can report on it.

Judge letting it be known by his tone.... this is no longer playtime. He is very serious, of which I am glad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member