2011.05.03 - Day Seven of the Trial - Handwriting expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Prosecution has rested! Here comes the spin... hang on!

republictimes: #colemantrial Prosecutor Reitz: "Your honor, the state rests." Judge tells jury defense arguments will be brief and they may get case Wed.

caseynolen: Judge tells jurors to pack a bag for #colemantrial tomorrow. The case could go to them after defense and closing arguments. Pros just rested

Let's look at some of the linguistic issues again:

"U" in place of "You"

All caps at the end of a SENTENCE

Apostrophe reversal...
instead of: don't won't doesn't
Chris writes: dont' wont' doesnt'

Fused spelling:
Instead of: set up or some time or good time
Chris writes: setup or sometime or goodtime

Ah... and "Leonard said in order to determine how rare these notions are, he compared them to databases such as Google."

WOAH! He used the Google database to see how rare such errors are... The apostrophe issue, I don't know that I have EVER seen such reversal.

I thought a reverse apostrophe looked like this ` as in don`t, won`t doesn`t. in any event, Chris is really dumb.

we could have a verdict tomorrow if there's very little deliberation...otherwise, how fitting would a guilty verdict on 5/5 be????:rocker:

Well, I'm not sure I get this...

The judge tells the jury the defense case will be brief. Does the defense figure that if they try to defend Chris with so much against him that the jury will do nothing but get angrier and then they will not be able to sway them not to give CC a death sentence?

I'm not sure I get what is going on here.

It has occurred to me that by this time, the defense has studied every one of the jurors for their background and history. What do they know about those jurors and what pysche affecting things could they use to stir up reasonable doubt in them without anyone ever knowing how it was done.

At this point, the defense seems as if it has been so limp that unless they come up with something big in their defending him, I'm going to think they threw this thing purposely so that CC could ask for a mistrial based upon having a crummy defense.

How fitting it will be if that guilty verdict comes in on May 5th. There's nothing that raises reasonable doubt, IMO. It's such a clear case of connect the dots. I haven't been able to say much because what I see so clearly in CC is absolutely frightening. He planned for months, and hugged his children while planning!

I guess that's possible, Wrinkles. But, maybe they really don't have anything that will put doubt in the jurors' minds. Maybe they have tried to get him to plead guilty and he won't admit he did it??? IDK, but it looks like they have almost given up..... except for trying to throw Chris's brother in the middle of it all.

I guess OTOH, they may have one huge piece of information they will throw out there tomorrow. I doubt it, and I'm sure it would be twisted to fit Chris's needs, but they don't have anything to lose now. I can't imagine any one of the jurors voting not guilty................ but then, there was OJ.

Wrinkles, I wish we had been able to find a verified lawyer in this area to help us with these questions.

But in my very-much-not-legally-certified opinion, what we are going to see is the defense team relying on the doubts they theoretically seeded among jurors during their cross-examination of the prosecution witnesses.

They may have a defense witness on the books, but if they're estimating 1/2 day for defense presentation, they can't have much.

The defense is not under oath and they can make up all sorts of lies. And I'm pretty certain that this will happen. It seems like it should be against the law to misrepresent facts in court. I wonder if they will be dressed in clown suits for their performance?

The defense is not under oath and they can make up all sorts of lies. And I'm pretty certain that this will happen. It seems like it should be against the law to misrepresent facts in court. I wonder if they will be dressed in clown suits for their performance?
I'm sorry, but the visual I got with your post made me absolutely LOL. Actually, I'm still giggling as I type........

good point wrinkles--right now, the defense is simply rearranging deck chairs on the titanic--hard to believe they go down without some sort of "Gotcha"!
We'll find that out soon enough...but still going to have an uphill battle getting all 12 jurors to go to the "not guilty" camp....
BBM

:silly:

Hello YNot :)

You wrote: "They may have a defense witness on the books, but if they're estimating 1/2 day for defense presentation, they can't have much."

That is what concerns me. I do not believe for one moment that CC didn't want the fight for his sorry hiney to be more than this. They and he must think that what they have is somehow enough.

Perhaps it is a love letter from Chris to Sheri, written that night, no...maybe not. Anything he wrote would be bound to contain his typical linguistic and writing errors.

Nope, something is up. I'm going to have the barf bag out just in case. They didn't put the jury through this to have the prosecution just slay Chris with the facts, they think there is something they can throw out there <modsnip>

we could have a verdict tomorrow if there's very little deliberation...otherwise, how fitting would a guilty verdict on 5/5 be????:rocker:

I really hope they wait until the 5th... just to send a message to Chris that they are way smarter than he hoped they'd be.

Wrinkles I have to agree with you. There is something up! Margulis' dad is known for off the wall defenses... so tomorrow is definitely going to be interesting. The good thing right now is EVERYTHING so far points to Chris. There is NO evidence at all to suggest SODDI. The jury has seen that. And so far the defense has not raised one reasonable alternative to point to another suspect. They tried Keith, he has an alibi so that didn't fly. So tomorrow they'll have to suggest another theory altogether and will end up with egg on their face.... "Oh sorry... we can see you didn't buy that theory... how about this one..." It's not going to work! I have a feeling we will have very short deliberations and a quick verdict.

Also another thing I just thought of when watching the 5 & 6 oclock news when they showed the painting on the inside of the house (check fox2now.com, it may be up!)... didn't they just charge him with 2 murders for this trial? For some reason I am remembering the saved one of the boys... just in case. I'm digging... hoping I find it!

Wrinkles I have to agree with you. There is something up! Margulis' dad is known for off the wall defenses... so tomorrow is definitely going to be interesting. The good thing right now is EVERYTHING so far points to Chris. There is NO evidence at all to suggest SODDI. The jury has seen that. And so far the defense has not raised one reasonable alternative to point to another suspect. They tried Keith, he has an alibi so that didn't fly. So tomorrow they'll have to suggest another theory altogether and will end up with egg on their face.... "Oh sorry... we can see you didn't buy that theory... how about this one..." It's not going to work! I have a feeling we will have very short deliberations and a quick verdict.

Also another thing I just thought of when watching the 5 & 6 oclock news when they showed the painting on the inside of the house (check fox2now.com, it may be up!)... didn't they just charge him with 2 murders for this trial? For some reason I am remembering the saved one of the boys... just in case. I'm digging... hoping I find it!

Oh, I so hope that is true. Thanks, Stella.

The Defense has some problems with the alternative killer theory. To start, there was no DNA but family DNA on the victims...so they are restricted to accusing one of the Colemans.The DNA shows these murders were a family affair.

That does not leave a lot of defense wiggle room.

All I can find is that he is charged with 3 murders :( I could have sworn they were holding one back. Or maybe that is just what we talked about 2 years ago when this all started. I'm so tired right now I'm not thinking clearly... it's been a long day, followed by no sleep thanks to rowdy seniors partying out their last few weeks of school.

Wrinkles, I wish we had been able to find a verified lawyer in this area to help us with these questions.

But in my very-much-not-legally-certified opinion, what we are going to see is the defense team relying on the doubts they theoretically seeded among jurors during their cross-examination of the prosecution witnesses.

They may have a defense witness on the books, but if they're estimating 1/2 day for defense presentation, they can't have much.

Honestly having a verified lawyer assist with this case would be a waste of the attorney's time, in my opinion. I believe it's simple - the defense has nothing. They proved that already with the inferences that CC's brother (who would have had to drive from Arkansas that night) was the perp. And, I am sure that only came about since they have nothing to challenged the total absence of any foreign DNA at the crime scene. I am curious, however, which parts of the State's case they are going to attempt to discredit during their 1/2 day of defense presentation. :waitasec: MOO

I really hope they wait until the 5th... just to send a message to Chris that they are way smarter than he hoped they'd be.

I wouldn't be surprised - after all there are 10 women on the jury, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea