2011.05.04 Verdict Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
How will it work when jurors ask for certain evidence items?
Will the judge review each request in open court?
Will the requests be streamed?

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
@WRAL plans to send email video alert & tweet when #CooperTrial jury reaches verdict. Verdict will then be shown LIVE on WRAL-TV & WRAL.com.

I can't believe there is no "verdict watch" on wral.com. They dont have anything on the trial on their home page. Weird.
I will have to keep checking abc11 or wral all day!

Good morning everyone. Interesting results in the poll. Seems pretty close for us.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
@WRAL plans to send email video alert & tweet when #CooperTrial jury reaches verdict. Verdict will then be shown LIVE on WRAL-TV & WRAL.com.

if anyone has the link to get an email video alert, please share. I have searched their site and can not find anything that allows me to get an email alert. I see the apps and everything for mobile devices, and thats it.

Good morning everyone. Interesting results in the poll. Seems pretty close for us.

To be honest the poll is a little skewed because two of the three realistic (I don't know anyone sane who thinks he's innocent but the state will convict him anyway) options ask if the state did not prove it's case. If you combine those two numbers more think the state did not.

I can tell I am not going to get much work done today...totally obsessing over what's going on in the jury room.

I wonder if we'll eventually get to hear from the jury. I'd be interested to hear the results of their straw polls.

possible outcomes and consequences IMO:

*jury finds def NG: next step for BC I assume will be regaining custody of his daughters. Too late for a civil suit by anyone for wrongful death (correct me if I'm wrong?)

*jury finds def G: appeal for sure, and though its normally tough to win and get a retrial here, I think this trial/judges actions, behavior and rulings would qualify as well as any. K&T have carefully paved the road in this respect. If jury returns G, I think BC wins an appeal and gets a retrial.

*hung jury: in most murder cases you can assume State will retry. IMO its not a no-brainer in this case, and will require convincing the DA. In a retrial I believe the defense would be better armed and mount a more robust and detailed challenge to the tech evidence. I don't think the State has anything else they could add which was not presented. Remember, they did not put CF back on the stand re: the 3825 at the Cooper residence on 7/11. Why?

If there is a verdict today I think odds would lean more toward NG. The longer it goes, the longer it favors G.

It'll be nice when this is over. It certainly will be a long time before I follow a trial as closely as this one. This forum is very good for discussion and opinions, but I've seen some heated comments made throughout, some of which were probably uncalled for. I've seen people post with such emotion. I've seen posters take things so personal and literal that it has caused sniping barbs back and forth between people that don't even know the person posting. I've seen people getting judged because of deep rooted beliefs when they know nothing about the poster. I've seen name calling, stereotyping, etc. Finally because of all this a good number of people have gotten TO'd, some even banned.

So in the end I'll be glad when this is over. I'm sure there will be another trial that will stir up emotions and such, I just won't be a part of it. I think most people here want justice, regardless of what side your on. It's just everyone has a different definition of what justice is. At the end of the day someone's daughter and a mother is dead and there is nothing that is going to bring her back, whether BC is found guilty or not. That is the tragedy in all of this.

I've been here since something like 2004 - never seen anything like this thread/trial (not even the Scott Peterson trial seemed so ... what is the word I'm looking for, contentious (?). Hope to never see it again. There was surely different here for this one - can't explain it.

if anyone has the link to get an email video alert, please share. I have searched their site and can not find anything that allows me to get an email alert. I see the apps and everything for mobile devices, and thats it.

Go to WRAL.com and scroll all the way to the bottom. You should see an option along the bottom of the page for Email Alerts. You can sign up there for breaking news alerts to go to email and/or cell phone.

I'm guessing here that you need to be registered on the wral.com site and have an email address on file with them. I just registered. I'm assuming that they send out headlines and top important stories via email that way. I know I am registered with boston.com and I got about 1 or 2 emails a day with breaking news.

Question for all the regular posters here. Do any of you feel you would not have been able to sit on this jury and been objective due to strong personal beliefs or experiences?

For example, a few posters have given some brief updates on another case taking place right now. I had never heard of this case, so I googled it. I couldn't even finish the first news article, I became so upset I was in tears. The two young boys (murder victims) bear a resemblance to my young son. There is no way I could have sat on that jury. I could not have been objective. Too personal for me.

Does anyone feel that way about this trial?

who all is in the court house today? What I mean-> are the family and friends of both NC and BC sitting there waiting or are they elsewhere and will be notified? TIA :)

I've been here since something like 2004 - never seen anything like this thread/trial (not even the Scott Peterson trial seemed so ... what is the word I'm looking for, contentious (?). Hope to never see it again. There was surely different here for this one - can't explain it.

I think the difference here is that this trial was as much about opinions of the objectivity of the trial and investigation as it was the personal opinions of G/NG. Makes for a volatile mix.

Actually, with as many differing opinions here as there are (were), I think this forum should be applauded. There is nowhere else that I know of that could discuss all of this and still stay open.
Websleuths and its members really are only out for one thing. Justice, and a healthy discussion and sharing of ideas/information to realize that fact.

All jmo, of course, but congratulations to everyone here that we can discuss in a calm, rational manner.

I have actually enjoyed posting with both sides on this trail. I tought it was pretty decent and refreshing. I have seen threads get closed for fighting. I was gone during defense portion but i loved the updates. I followed on my phone.:seeya:

Works. Many thanks Queen Bee, so I can actually get some work done and will hear if something is going on. Really appreciated!:tyou:

sorry for the delay............dang this real life stuff:floorlaugh:

np bertha........same for me, wearing my wireless headphones.....listening to the chatter, if that changes, i'll hightail it back here......:great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500