2011.05.04 Verdict Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have stated, that might be middle of the night for some. For Brad, it sounded like a stop off on the way home after working and then going to the gym. How many purchases do you think they will find between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. on any given Saturday?

Evidently they must have found some - otherwise this would have been pointed out and emphasize by the pros, Cummings: "BC never went to the grocery store between 6 and 7, first time it happened".

Heck, even if they had said "first time in months".

No mention...so not an issue.

Yeah, it's really the same thing that the lawyers [both sides] do. When stubborn facts start getting in the way, they try to create a whole bunch of confusion over something that really is irrelevant hoping that folks forget the original point in the chaos.

I vote this for post of the day!

Do you think being locked away for 2.5 years in a jail cell, with jail food, little sun may have something to do with how he looks? Especially if he is innocent. I don't think JA has been enduring those conditions.

But that wasn't what you said. You said JA looked the way she did bc she lied. Well, BC lied as well. So in one scenario, someone can look poorly because they lie and have privilege, and in another scenario, someone can look poorly and lie because he lives in a jail. It seems the thing in common is not what they have, or where they live, but what they have done, which in your opinion, lie. So which one is it? We know BC is a liar.

Evidently they must have found some - otherwise this would have been pointed out and emphasize by the pros, Cummings: "BC never went to the grocery store between 6 and 7, first time it happened".

Heck, even if they had said "first time in months".

No mention...so not an issue.

And if it was a normal occurance I would have expected the defense to point it out. They didn't.

First, as I said they were defense records. Second, why would it matter if they bought a lot of green juice or not? It means nothing. Both BC and the child drank it, so what?

At the time DE4 was discussed it was with JA on the stand and they were discussing Tide. They don't typically staple defense records with state records, do they? I don't think the HT records were requested since they specifically asked for DE4.

ETA: And now I know the DE170 was the trips in the middle of the night for milk and green juice. Thank you, WolfpackWoman!

The HT records were requested!! There is speculation...and it was mentioned in closing that only Brad drank the stuff (Green juice). Bella would drink it if it was around but would never ask for it. If this is the case it might not be on the receipts proving that Brad lied. This would screw up his alibi too as this was the entire reason for the 6:40 phone call.

That's not the master bath, could belong to B? could also be NC's. Not sure what the significance is though. Could have been picked off the floor and placed there as well?

I just thought it was strange to be there because the hair tie was mentioned in closing arguments

Yeah, it's really the same thing that the lawyers [both sides] do. When stubborn facts start getting in the way, they try to create a whole bunch of confusion over something that really is irrelevant hoping that folks forget the original point in the chaos.

When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When you have neither, then just argue!

You are correct. Whatever GM had at his house doesn't make any difference. The only thing that matters is that there is evidence that Brad had the 3825 router. There is no evidence it was returned and now it's missing. The evidence of the event log didn't make it in front of the jury so it's not being considered in terms of guilt/innocence in a court of law.

And there wouldn't have been evidence of him having taken it if he had not pinged GM. I think if he hadn't of planned on returning it he wouldn't have told GM.

Did you miss the part where Boz handed him the stack of documents the prosecution provided and said it also includes the document the defense provided you? yes we know the document Kurtz had came from Cisco. We also know GM had no idea what any of the shipping and purchasing documents looked like, he didn't recognize any of them nor any of the dates that Boz presented to him in rapid fire. It was another prosecution witness fiasco where in the end it looked like a jumbled waste of time.

I found him very credible.

And if it was a normal occurance I would have expected the defense to point it out. They didn't.

Why? if no one suggests its abnormal behavior, then apparently its not. I don't think the defense would bother with it unless the pros brought it up.

The defense never addressed the fact that it was was normal for NC to run at 7:00 on a Saturday...because pros never suggested it was abnormal.

Why? if no one suggests its abnormal behavior, then apparently its not. I don't think the defense would bother with it unless the pros brought it up.

The defense never addressed the fact that it was was normal for NC to run at 7:00 on a Saturday...because pros never suggested it was abnormal.

So why do you think the jury is interested in reviewing those records?

I found the discussion of Defense Exhibit 170.

Harris Teeter purchases:

3/18/08, milk purchased at 1:29AM

4/27/08 Milk, bananas and green juice purchased 1:10AM

So that is what the jury was obviously verifying, the Cooper's used Tide and they also did middle of the night purchases of milk and green juice.

ETA: Listen beginning around 7:20.
http://www.wral.com/specialreports/nancycooper/video/9516020/#/vid9516020

When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When you have neither, then just argue!
Right, and as I said, both sides did it. The prosecution did it with all of the nonsense about national security and child *advertiser censored* buster, etc, over the FBI output of the FAT.

The defense did it with all of the nonsense about people breaking into the WiFi network and the laptop and the vast conspiracy theory.

There are lots more examples for both sides, but the point is, it's just what lawyers do.

The HT records were requested!! There is speculation...and it was mentioned in closing that only Brad drank the stuff (Green juice). Bella would drink it if it was around but would never ask for it. If this is the case it might not be on the receipts proving that Brad lied. This would screw up his alibi too as this was the entire reason for the 6:40 phone call.

No gbay. Defense records were requested! # 4 and #170. I'm sorry. This is not to verify the state's case that BC purchased green juice after the girls were in Canada.

Right, and as I said, both sides did it. The prosecution did it with all of the nonsense about national security and child *advertiser censored* buster, etc, over the FBI output of the FAT.

The defense did it with all of the nonsense about people breaking into the WiFi network and the laptop and the vast conspiracy theory.

There are lots more examples for both sides, but the point is, it's just what lawyers do.

Only the good ones!!!

Did you miss the part where Boz handed him the stack of documents the prosecution provided and said it also includes the document the defense provided you? yes we know the document Kurtz had came from Cisco. We also know GM had no idea what any of the shipping and purchasing documents looked like, he didn't recognize any of them nor any of the dates that Boz presented to him in rapid fire. It was another prosecution witness fiasco where in the end it looked like a jumbled waste of time.

And it was after that fiasco that they changed their game plan, didn't end up calling CF, I know he wasn't available on Monday but they could have called him Tuesday with his supposedly irrefutable information of a FXO capable router usage on the 11th - their smoking gun, and rested their case.

I found the discussion of Defense Exhibit 170.

Harris Teeter purchases:

3/18/08, milk purchased at 1:29AM

4/27/08 Milk, bananas and green juice purchased 1:10AM

So that is what the jury was obviously verifying, the Cooper's used Tide and they also did middle of the night purchases of milk and green juice.

I agree with you, and this does not bode well for the State. Why would they bother with verifying this unless they were trying to double check that his trip time and purchases were not abnormal. They are trying to validate BC's version of 7/11 & 7/12 IMO.

You said JA lied, and therefore, that could be construed as obstruction of justice. Then, by the same logic, BC lied, and that can also be construed as obstruction of justice.

So now, they are equal, because they both lied.

So how do we determine who is more likely responsible? Probably the person who last saw her alive, and also lived with her and was the co-parent of her children.

If BC had said, she went to go paint, and JA said, she never made it here, then that would be an entirely different story.

But who called LE?

If BC suspected JA, he would have called LE first, especially after hearing she was supposed to be at her house. If he was innocent, he could think: she told me she was running when she really went to go paint and hide money from me! And then she never comes home! What did JA do?

But instead, he takes off in his car, and ignores the calls from LE.

And if JA's lies weigh heavier than BC's, then I would like to hear how you formulate that opinion.

When did BC lie to the police and lead the investigation? I missed that. Can you cite some specifics? Not the custody deposition, that doesn't count, that wasn't the police.

BTW, it is not against the law or obstruction to not talk to the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Ed