2011.05.10 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing here Lola, on one knows nor or they interested. Their lives are too busy as it is to worry about some case on the news.

They need to come further down south... No one... and I mean no one that I know knows anything about this case. I'm so freaking lonely down here because I have no one to vent to when I am at work about this case. We have our own big cases that are happening... our own crime to worry about. No one cares about what is happening up in Orlando... we had a guy murder his wife and FIVE children close to where I live.

I'm thinking the best bet it to pack up and move on... These people already lining up to give interviews after being dismissed? Now they will be on the local news to tell all future potential jurors that everything thinks she is guilty and to basically not even bother. :banghead:

Cancel Jury Selection and move hundreds of miles south?

Sorry if I sound sceptical but I don't see Perry going for that option somehow

I know someone in Ft. Lauderdale who doesn't follow any crime cases, this one included. They can find the right jury. OJ Simpson had no problem with it and his case was know to EVERY body.

If this is all a load of hot-air (that they will give a surprise theory not the theory itself) then this will backfire.

A defense attorney is asking for trouble if he promises something that he doesn't deliver on.

Mark Geragos said he would prove that Scott Peterson was "stone cold innocent.". Defense attorneys say things like that all the time then when they have nothing they hide behind "well I don't have to prove anything, the state has the burden"

Dear Caylee in Heaven,
Don't give up sweetie. Justice WILL come.

Just so I am clear, the 50 dismissed potential jurors are the jurors that were instructed by the Judge earlier in the day on Monday and then in the afternoon he sent those jurors home to return on Tuesday?

I thought so, but now I am uncertain. I remember the Judge telling them to let them go for the evening and bring them back at 8:30 today.

Do we know who the lady is that went back with Casey and then was sent back to wait in the courtroom?

I don't know who she is Patty G but I hope we will learn.

Exclusive: Casey Anthony attorneys hint at shocker in defense

The defense team hasn't even hinted about what story they will tell. But they told me we're in for quite a surprise.

"We suspect there will be some jaw-dropping," said defense attorney Cheney Mason. "We'll have to wait and see."

Casey's lawyers claimed three years of questions could be answered in three minutes at trial. It might shock the public.

Article: http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...-Anthony-attorneys-hint-at-shocker-in-defense

Video: http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=...CLUSIVE: Casey Anthony team's secret strategy

Yeah. I think we're all going to say "Aaahhhh... THAT's what happened!"

I guess this will be our SHOCK and AAAAHHHH moment.

Exclusive: Casey Anthony attorneys hint at shocker in defense

The defense team hasn't even hinted about what story they will tell. But they told me we're in for quite a surprise.

"We suspect there will be some jaw-dropping," said defense attorney Cheney Mason. "We'll have to wait and see."

Casey's lawyers claimed three years of questions could be answered in three minutes at trial. It might shock the public.

Article: http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...-Anthony-attorneys-hint-at-shocker-in-defense

Video: http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=...CLUSIVE: Casey Anthony team's secret strategy

OH good! The long awaited "AHA!" moment will finally be revealed and it will all finally make sense! :great: Can't wait for it.

That interview is an eye opener for sure. :eek:

I would bet Baez is going to bring that up tomorrow and try to get the venue changed.

I'm sure of it as well.

I bet the defense will claim that Caylee is NOT even dead. That is their big reveal - that will make jaws drop and Cindy will do a fist pump in the air in the court room. JA will hide his face in his hands and the judge will purse his lips. MO

I am really curious what "things" CJBP plans to put in place in the holding rooms tomorrow to ensure that we don't have a repeat of today's jury fiasco? Extra guards in every room?

The next phase is the weeding out for the 20 jurors. They will be asked about knowledge of the case, if they can fairly put that aside, if they are for or against the death penalty, and a few other questions.

Many cases have national coverage and jurors get seated. Many cases have local coverage and jurors get seated.

There will be 20 picked, that are logical, responsible, reasonable citizens.

When is that tomorrow? I'm still listening to yesterday's and its pretty dull. I would much rather here him asked about their knowledge of the case, opinions, etc.

Just so I am clear, the 50 dismissed potential jurors are the jurors that were instructed by the Judge earlier in the day on Monday and then in the afternoon he sent those jurors home to return on Tuesday?
No Patty

The 50 dismissed were new. HHJP called 110 yesterday. He instructed them - read the indictment and then weeded them out for hardship. He finished those 110 this AM so he sent down to the jury holding room and "ordered" a whole new 50. THOSE 50 were the ones he dismissed.

The ones that made the first cut from the frist 110 are still in. They were not in the jury holding room - they were on their way wherever. They don't have to be back until tomorrow afternoon now. He's going to do another whole new 50 from tomorrow morning and then in the afternoon start the call backs

Cancel Jury Selection and move hundreds of miles south?

Sorry if I sound sceptical but I don't see Perry going for that option somehow

North... South... It doesn't matter to me? If they can not find a jury in Pinellas County, I think they should take a shot somewhere further away. Is there any way possible they can take it out of State? :floorlaugh:

I know someone in Ft. Lauderdale who doesn't follow any crime cases, this one included. They can find the right jury. OJ Simpson had no problem with it and his case was know to EVERY body.

I am younger so wasn't an "adult" when the OJ case was about.

But from what I understand the OJ jury was not the "right" jury in that it wasn't impartial. It was defense orientated (far beyond any notion that it could be considered a "fair" trial). In fact, I understand that some sources reckon the trial outcome was determined with the Defenses COV motion.

:yes:

I guess this will be our SHOCK and AAAAHHHH moment.

I think JB just mis-spoke, to use an Anthonyism. What he meant to say was not there would be an AHA moment, it will be a HAHA moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TysonSF