2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't hear the judge hardly on wesh, wondering if another station stream is louder?

He will now interject when he sees this happening. They will stay in the court until they hear all 37 jurors.

Should have brought in court reports - court reporter needs to rest her fingers.

State will go first on all odd number jurors and the defense on all even.

We will be here all night.

HHJP - Let me say this. Purpose is to determine whether someone will follow the law, or if they have any prejudices or experiences that will affect their decision. Not and never was an opportunity to try or lay out the basis of your case. You're only supposed to ask whether they can follow your instructions. Take as much time as you would like, but when you start going too far, I'm going to object. You might not like it but I will. We will be here until we go through all 37. Break every hour so Court Reporter can rest her fingers. 36 more to go. State goes first on all odd numbered Jurors, Defense on all even numbered Jurors.

I guess this is a speed it up and stop messing around.

Have the Attys taken their (any) strikes? Or is HHJP refering to the 36 from day 1?

HHJP now instructing JB on Jury selection rules . AGAIN.
If this keeps up I will take over. Jury instructions on how to proceed come from the Court.
This is one juror with 36 more to go.

OH my - HHJP called in 37 call backs. He just said they will be here until ALL 37 have been gone through!!!

Dig in folks - its gonna be a long night.

SA - Odd number jurors

DT - even number jurors

Decision on each juror will be made.

We have 37 jurors that we will get through.

Judge is saying they will take a break every hour ...thecourt reporter has to rest her fingers ...

OMG. I can't believe JB is still talking. :banghead:

Can Judge Perry say "Ok, your done, no more questions." or does he have to let the attorneys go on for as long as they want?

This is a little much. Is it really needed to put juror under a mircoscope like this?

No wonder everyone wants out before they can even get questioned.

CJBP "I should have brought two court reporters"

"We will get through 37 potential jurors today or evening."

:shocked2:

JB: I forgot to ask about CSI. Do you watch Dr.G?

Never heard of it.

JB: HBO's autopsies?

Never heard of it. before you ask I don't watch OZ.

JB: we touched on evidence and lack of evidence. there is also conflict in the evidence. could you render not guilty if there was a conflict in the evidence?

yes.

JB: how do you evaluate if someone is telling the truth?

if their answers are quick, less figiting and I am doing it now. You can know by the delivery. The better you know a person...

JB: if someone was lying on the stand would you dismiss everything they say?

Objection
Sustained.

HHJP: the time is two minutes after twelve...lunch...

Please judge, please give instruction that will nip this in the bud!!!!!!!!

HHJP: let me say this. the purpose of jury selection is to determine a fair and impartial jury. one will they follow the law. two: are they free of bias or life experience that would make them not give a fair opinion. Three: this was not designed as a pre trial to lay out some of your facts...that applys to the state and the defense. some of the questions have bordered on that...you give them legal concepts and they could be mislead by the facts...you are supposed to ask whether they can follow instruction...

the law comes from the court. take your time but I will interject. I don't like it but I will. we will go through all 37. We will let the court reporter rest. I should have brought two. this is one juror and we have 37 to go through. The state will be required to go first on all odd and the prosecution on all even numbers. They will step out side and if the defense challanges they will state why and the court will rule. we have 37 jurors that we will do TODAY or evening. but we will take breaks since I don't have but one court reporter. she has to stay fresh to take everything down.

recess!!

Good for you HHJP!!!

The DT is using juror questioning to "practice" their trial/penalty phase arguments - not to weed out jurors that do not meet the criteria.

Also - they are using the delay delay delay tactic to the hilt.

So Casey lied to spare her parents feelings.

Hypothetically ica did.....ok............why would you spare a parent's feelings that allegedly either knew or was apart of sexually abuse?

MAKES NO SENSE!!! But why start now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member