2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Afternoon Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juror says he doesn't pay too much attention to the news. Hasn't seen anything about the trial since news on it broke back in 2008.

a general question for more of our legal folks:

Are these "leading" characterizations of "all the helicopters....media circus..." made by the DT a normal way of asking questions of potential jurors?

Do you know what blogging is? Yes. Do you blog. No. Baez up - his usual Mr. 1019. Where do get your news. Channel 10. Online? Sports. How much has this case been covered locally? What about 2009 - 2010? Have no idea. Baez back to the helicopters and row of reporters. What did you think was going on? Something - I see it a lot - Why? I work out here. Did you know the case was being held here? No. you knew when you walked in here? Yes. So all you have seen is sporadic mentioning in the news. Yes.

Now it's a "case follower" instead of "crime junkie." :)

Previous Juror- draws long term disability but likes to kayak. Yep I think I question his honesty. IMO

my dh is the same way...he walks out of the room when its on TV, mocks me when I'm on the computer....he only watches the news for things that could affect us in the broader level.....this doesn't....So I get his point..but he is painful to listen to and considering we will be gettng AF soon...:banghead:

He must be a graduate of the Lee Anthony School of Inappropriately-Timed Laughter

The "cart before the horse" statement is getting overly annoying.

I understand JB's interest in the media circus.....but his obsession with talking about helicopters makes me think he asked for a certain remote control helicopter as a child and NEVER got one!!!

old wounds....

I would think that it might be buh bye Mr 1019

Nervous speech kinda thing going on, gets nervous and laughs and say's more than he should.

Juror does not believe in the DP

Baez out. HHJP up. First phase guilt, second phase is penalty. To determine what sentence applies - cart before horse, because of the process we have to do that. Not prejudging, we simply have to do this for the process. Do you have any opinions or philosophy's about the death penalty. Yes. I believe in the death penalty.HHJP and that is fair. Or did he say he didn't - I am having trouble hearing him.

a general question for more of our legal folks:

Are these "leading" characterizations of "all the helicopters....media circus..." made by the DT a normal way of asking questions of potential jurors?

JB is under the impression that this case has taken over the world....not everyone is following it as close as other things...it isn't the end all ---- He forgets to mention that he is part of causing the circus....

This juror seems to take a long time to process the questions.
And yet he decided she is probably guilty from almost nothing, according to him.

:laugh:

I understand JB's interest in the media circus.....but his obsession with talking about helicopters makes me think he asked for a certain remote control helicopter as a child and NEVER got one!!!

old wounds....

:silly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members