2011.05.17 Jury Selection DAY EIGHT (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2w50fag.jpg

Will be back here in the AM. Another day of jury selection.

Mel MELdown is back (after a glass of wine). So here's what I have. Nurse - would you correct me if I'm wrong. Dam - 11. Wanna bet we end with 11 tomorrow?

Once the panel of a dozen jurors is sworn in, they are locked in place, and both sides will have to keep that panel for the duration of the six- to eight-week trial in Orlando unless one or more is replaced by an alternate.

Eventually the defense will run out of strikes. It is down to two (or 1) left for the DT; the prosecution still has 5 (I think). Your Honour always has the option of providing more strikes at his discretion.

1340: first guy up that took forever (7 y/o daughter)
1398: crisis counselor
1019: computer guy with nurse wife
1055: nursing student with the rat terrier
1319: older AA lady had a challenge by state that was denied
1429: long grey haired lady that had a dui
1025: chef with 2 young kids
1007: giggly lady defense challenge denied
3308: He had baseball tickets to see the Milwaukee Brewers, but canceled them because of the jury selection. "I've got a good life. I'd rather not interrupt it," he said.
3015: Female, no hrdshp; no family or financial; medical, needs labwork done once for kidney transplant; HHJP asks about "any" lab and there's no problem; will be pd by work, born in Warren Ohio
3185: Male, Jim (he mentioned his name in court), 53, no hardships, has plane tickets to leave Thursday. Currently unemployed, enjoys photography.

(NOTE: Nurse has a better updated dismissed list)

Dismissed by the State: 3238:Cosmetologist, said one of her husbands was struck by a car, and a decision had to be made to remove him from life support. Retired, does hair on the side. All her previous husbands died (yikes). She is currently engaged. She appears to be in her 50’s and has really big blonde hair. Seat #54

Dismissed by the State: #3042 "Honestly, I've been praying for her, the mother," said Juror 3042, a woman who appeared to be in her early 30s. "I feel bad about the whole situation."

Dismissed by the Defense: 3190:This juror appears to be in late 40's. Petite. Blonde pixie haircut. Says she's heard a little about the case. Feels if someone took a life – believes in the death penalty.This prospective juror owns her own small biz, plays tennis, watches Dancing with the Stars, CSI is married to a dentist who works in NY.

Mel

1340: first guy up that took forever (7 y/o daughter)
1398: crisis counselor
1019: computer guy with nurse wife
1055: nursing student with the rat terrier
1319: older AA lady had a challenge by state that was denied
1429: long grey haired lady that had a dui
1025: chef with 2 young kids
1007: giggly lady defense challenge denied
3308: ret. coast guard guy was going to take gma to the bball game
3015: kidney transplant lady who works for verizon
3185: "favorite uncle" semi retired guy never married no kids

these were struck this morning:
1232 newspaper guy
1129 young single guy
1312 anesthesia nurse
1407 young mechanic guy
1119 truck driver
1426 young nurse assistant guy
struck at 1500 5/17 3397 stock trader with bad back
1159 VA guy struck by defense at 1700 2 strikes remaining state has 5

The DT and State will have one strike for alternate. Lets say first alternate JB strikes, and then the next juror comes in for that slot, JB will not be able to strike.

My goodness, isn't everyone aware that CA is the boss here. She is certainly letting everyone know, with her body language, that she makes the decisions.

Sleutherontheside Thank you so much for the pictures! :tyou::gthanks:

I think they asked about John Grisham books because he wrote a NF book about a guy on death row who ended up innocent and the onnocence project took on his case he was eventually let out of prison.

So we're obviously stuck at 11...gee what a surprise. Can someone please tell me how many strikes each side has left?

Hey tricia, you know that phrase you just mentioned is banned right? LOLOLOL

Oh Dear. Oh well *sigh* see ya.

PS. we can mention this phrase. It's a good release ya know???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back