2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Yuri M and any of the other investigating officers are watching jury selection. (If they're called as witnesses are they allowed to follow jury selection and the trial?)

I know that CA and GA are on the witness list and are allowed to sit in on the other testimony.

I disagree. The taxpayers of FL should have the right to know why people are not doing their jobs and money being spent. There are no reports he drove back to Kissimmee.

I entertained the idea that this could have been a serious personal matter for JB, but the fact that the attorneys were in talks with ICA gives me pause. And the timing, if this was a personal matter was incredible. Too incredible knowing whom we are dealing with.
Started the day with an objection calling HHJBP pretty much a power hungry despot judge. Then, giving this lamb on the sword speech. Then asking for an extended lunch, then...Vooomp.
Sorry, but the defense team deserves no quarter here. Some chicanery is afoot.

Night everyone! :eek:fftobed: See ya'll bright and early in the morning.

is there any chance that he really did have a personal emergency to tend to? family member died perhaps? maybe KC crying was b/c she's a drama-queen?

According to some of the press he was seen talking to his defense cohorts in the afternoon in Pinellas county outside his hotel, he never went anywhere by the look of it.

And I will add, JB stood there today and announced his belief (once again) that he feels he has the right to do anything in order to defend his client. Last time we heard this was the gag order hearing, where he IMO, claimed going on MSM was his RIGHT. This is another ploy.

Here are my thoughts, and I ask that you not debate them as I think they are personal issues that if true have no need to be debated publicly. It is my understanding his wife is pregnant and I think it might have something to do with that.

Otherwise, there is no other reason that would require him to drive back to Kissimmee; not a plea, not a "misdemeanor pretrial conference," not being fired (there would have to be a hearing on that before he left town), not being sick (Ann Finnell powered through her cold), not a trademark dispute with George and Cindy, not anything but a legitimate personal matter.

And as far as I am concerned, if Judge Perry took it serious enough to break for the day, then I accept that and need no further explanation from Mr. Baez as to how legitimate it was or was not.
...and IIRC...that was one of the first things I asked way back when (ok, just this afternoon...lol)...she says, as she pats herself on the back...tee hee.

ETA: Addressed to all: he wouldn't use a personal matter such as this as an "excuse" to delay, now would he? Please tell me he wouldn't sink that low!

Yes, but what I have seen from your blog and from your posts I am guessing you are a whole different kind of defense Lawyer than Mr. Baez.:innocent:

Well, I know Richard has described Baez as the "clueless wonder" on the odd occasion, pretty much summing up how we all feel about him.

So in about 6 more hours it starts all over again, I'm hoping that Richard's guess is right and they do seat a jury. There has been one lawyer who has consistently called it in matters pertaining to this case and that has been Hornsby.

Just wanted to add as well that I was listening to old shows of Hornsby's on Steph Wattts. and he said that he had looked up the stats for cases with LDB/Jeff Ashton against Mason and Mason had not won a SINGLE case against either of these lawyers that he could find. Now that has gotta hurt!

:)

I've not been able to go back and read the entire thread and wanted to let people know about those "two ladies" to the side of the defense table.

Apparently on the live blog on wftv, Craig the moderator made some comments about about what was on the computer screen of one of those ladies - it was WFTV's blog and live coverage! LOL WFTV got a screen cap of it and posted it in the blog, you can still go back and read the comments. BUSTED!

My guess, for what it's worth, is that they work with Rosalie Bolin and they are a lot less contentious than her good self in the courtroom.

So the defense team are definitely out there scrolling through comments from the public in real time in the courtroom.

I've not been able to go back and read the entire thread and wanted to let people know about those "two ladies" to the side of the defense table.

Apparently on the live blog on wftv, Craig the moderator made some comments about about what was on the computer screen of one of those ladies - it was WFTV's blog and live coverage! LOL WFTV got a screen cap of it and posted it in the blog, you can still go back and read the comments. BUSTED!

My guess, for what it's worth, is that they work with Rosalie Bolin and they are a lot less contentious than her good self in the courtroom.

So the defense team are definitely out there scrolling through comments from the public in real time in the courtroom.

Someone needs to tell the wftv posters to use a code word when the mics are left on.:crazy:

The way Judge Perry questioned Mason gives me pause. If it was a personal or private matter with Baez why would Judge Perry ask Mason if he spoke with Casey about it? I can only think of two reasons why Casey would have needed to be consulted by her lawyers about the early release of court. Only one of those reasons do I see even being a remote possibility. 1. Casey is going to plea out. (Not going to happen in my opinion as she knows there is no "hard evidence" against her......think the long walk down the hallway at Universal.) 2. Casey fired Baez. (I believe that this is more realistic especially if someone put a bug in her ear about her trial being delayed because of it.)

As far as Baez's personal or private matter for leaving early.......IMO he has no right to even try and claim such. After the way he laid out as many "dirty little secrets" about Roy K's past Baez should expect no privacy for himself. Baez also had no right to try and go after all of the personal information on TES volunters to try and find an SOD. Baez needs to remember that what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

The way Judge Perry questioned Mason gives me pause. If it was a personal or private matter with Baez why would Judge Perry ask Mason if he spoke with Casey about it? I can only think of two reasons why Casey would have needed to be consulted by her lawyers about the early release of court. Only one of those reasons do I see even being a remote possibility. 1. Casey is going to plea out. (Not going to happen in my opinion as she knows there is no "hard evidence" against her......think the long walk down the hallway at Universal.) 2. Casey fired Baez. (I believe that this is more realistic especially if someone put a bug in her ear about her trial being delayed because of it.)

As far as Baez's personal or private matter for leaving early.......IMO he has no right to even try and claim such.
After the way he laid out as many "dirty little secrets" about Roy K's past Baez should expect no privacy for himself. Baez also had no right to try and go after all of the personal information on TES volunters to try and find an SOD. Baez needs to remember that what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

bbm

Such a good point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members