2011.06.01 SIDEBAR THREAD Trial Day Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to WFTV Lee was in the courtroom for the last 2 hrs. yesterday as a spectator.
I also read somewhere (but can't recall where) LE officers were waiting outside the courtroom to be called as witnesses.

ITA but I don't think JB gets it. When Baez speaks while cross examining, he reminds me of Elle in the movie 'Legally Blond' when she was questioning her (very 1st) witness about the perm. Only difference is, Elle had a valid point to conclude after going in circles.

:lol: Thanks for that visual this morning!

So, is there a consensus as to the whether the "prior bad acts" will be allowed in - I felt like HHJP was trying his darnedest to give the DT a clue IYKWIM

Okay, I'm happy to go out on a limb and say, YES! :)

I've been wrong plenty of times before but I sure hope the felonies are allowed in.

I'm expecting to see Amy this morning, then Lee, and then start with LE. Should be yet another interesting day!

Good Morning.....you know it is becoming sick and wrong that I am waking @ 4:30 every morning and heading straight to my laptop.....have not made coffee.....the dog didn't even get let out......hmmmm..... I am thinkin I may need an intervention!

Morning!

Wonder if the State will go for the prior bad acts or let it slide for now to avoid appeal fodder later. If KC takes the stand they can get it in later, no?

Good morning to all. I am so mad that I have a doctor's appt this a.m......I hope I don't miss Lee's testimony. I would assume (uh oh, we all know about that word) that he would follow Cindy...I guess I will have to depend on you maaaaavelous fellow sleuthers to post recaps.

I cannot believe yesterday. I am so very emotionally drained. I can't imagine what Cindy is feeling today. George as well. I'm sure ICA slept well, as usual. Maddening.

While I thought Amy's testimony was .. blase...I think some very good points were made. One being that ICA couldn't party or do what she wanted because of Caylee and two, what a liar ICA was.

I can only hope the jury asks themselves one question...if it was an accident, why did she wait nearly 3 years to tell her story? That in itself makes me KNOW it is all a lie concocted over a lenghty period of time...trying to make the story fit the pieces and parts of the facts.

Well, I'm expecting massive things from Amy on cross cos she's just so cute and 10 x smarter than Baez.

ICA also does NOT like having Amy in the courtroom so I expect lots of dirty looks that the jury will see.

Good Morning.....you know it is becoming sick and wrong that I am waking @ 4:30 every morning and heading straight to my laptop.....have not made coffee.....the dog didn't even get let out......hmmmm..... I am thinkin I may need an intervention!

:gasp:

Wenwe - I know it gets lost in the fast-moving trial threads, but just know that you do the work of a champion in pulling those recaps down! Anyone needing "just the facts" as the day goes on should just do a thread search on your name and BAM! All the day, in a nutshell.

You rock, my dear. You absolutely rock!

Good morning to all. I am so mad that I have a doctor's appt this a.m......

That stinks but hope you're OK!

While I thought Amy's testimony was .. blase...I think some very good points were made. One being that ICA couldn't party or do what she wanted because of Caylee and two, what a liar ICA was.

Liar=George's fault :maddening:

I can only hope the jury asks themselves one question...if it was an accident, why did she wait nearly 3 years to tell her story? That in itself makes me KNOW it is all a lie concocted over a lenghty period of time...trying to make the story fit the pieces and parts of the facts.

If the jury has even a smidge of 'common sense' they should be already asking themselves this Q.

try getting up at 10pm and staying awake till 7am - how sick and wrong is that? LOL

I figured, I'd invested to much in this case for nearly 3 years there is no way I'm not seeing the trial.

Morning all...i need to move the laptop to a central location...I will miss this afternoon cause I get to be a grandma and take my little ones to the park.

Okay...so what will we learn today...

I have tried all evening last night to find the part of the proceedings where they played the unedited version of the first jailhouse call with all of KC's language included. Cannot for the life of me locate it. Anyone know which part I can listen to that again within? ;)

Looking forward to another interesting day in the Courtroom. Wonder what crazy thing will be brought up today.

I was speaking with some of my former College friends (the ones who continued on to Law School, while I decided to go into IT). Two of them are lawyers, and they feel this case is destined to end with LWOP after CA's testimony. They feel that CA & GA have resigned themselves to what happened, and will testify to punish ICA. However they also felt that the grief that CA showed on the stand will come back during the penalty phase and she will then turn to ICA's side and plead with the jury to not take away her daughter, after she's already lost her grand-daughter. Because of that they feel that LWOP will be the final sentence. All good, in my book, but it was interesting to see how they look at things from their legal experience.

Good Morning Everyone!!!

The problem I find with the DT’s defense on the “Casey’s “OTHER” world” Theory is this:

She does not have the “Child abuse” imaginary friend syndrome.

She has the “Make up a lie, call it a personal name, to cover my *$$, and make myself look good Syndrome.”

Children who have been sexually abused make up others be it a MPD or Just an imaginary Friend and/or World believe and live in that world as if it is tangible,

For Example:

If Casey would have been opening the doors to her home and speaking to “nothing there” as if it was a person and sitting at the dining room table sitting and speaking with an “empty Chair”

Then she may have had one of these Syndromes, However she did not do any of this, she conveniently used these made up lies with personal names to further her agenda.

I also personal think her watching her mother on the stand yesterday was just exactly what she wanted to see and happen when she did what she did to Caylee on June 16th of 2008.

Good Morning All! I've had to catch 10 minutes/10 minutes there of the court proceedings since my son just bought his first home ( :pullhair: good timing...) and I'm helping do a kitchen renovation. Thanks to everyone for doing such a great job keeping the play-by-play events posted. :blowkiss:

Here is the link to our beloved Judge Perry's "Our Daily Bread" reading...
http://odb.org/

Morning peeps :) Amy on cross today, let's hope Baez remembered to pick the file up from his office. I guess he could always send William back for it in between Red Bull runs.

Keep an eye on Baez and his Red Bull today - first one to spot him taking a swill wins a prize. :)

I thought he left it on geraldos boat???

I have tried all evening last night to find the part of the proceedings where they played the unedited version of the first jailhouse call with all of KC's language included. Cannot for the life of me locate it. Anyone know which part I can listen to that again within? ;)

It's on Patty's channel 1947Sierra on YouTube.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h0E1sYM2M0"]YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony: Murder Trial - Day 17 - 5/31/11 Part 12‬‏[/ame]

I never heard how the jury responded to Amy on the stand yesterday.I liked her !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500