2011.06.01 SIDEBAR THREAD Trial Day Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
in GA's defense... COPS AND DETECTIVE MUST ALWAYS HAVE A CALM AFFECT!! THAT IS ONE OF THEIR TRAITS!! have you ever seen INSANE screaming cops and detectives?? wouldnt THAT behavior be WRONG and NOT condusive to gather info and ascertain facts?? you MUST remain calm in the presence of hysterics or else YOU are doing the situation no good and can NOT help if you are just as out of control...being an Aux Officer for 10 yrs... and working with many law enforcement...GA was being a law enforcement person...imo

In case anyone needs to know how..

ctrl a - highlight page (post) make sure your cursor is the post you want to copy. or you can highlight your text by holding down the left mouse button and dragging up or down.

ctrl c - will copy to inner workings of clip board (you won't see it)

ctrl v - when you're on the new thread and voila. your thread is there.

ok.....can someone tell me what CM meant about the "flat effect"? was that about her showing no emotion like she is in court? What confuses me is why did he ask the deputy about "you know what that means"??

A "Flat Affect" (CM was saying it wrong) is a very common symptom amongst people with severe depression and/or schizophrenia and other mental health problems. Not sure why CM would give the "wink, wink" on it to the witness? I would think he'd want to make that connection clear as day to the jury.

ok.....can someone tell me what CM meant about the "flat effect"? was that about her showing no emotion like she is in court? What confuses me is why did he ask the deputy about "you know what that means"??

Flat Affect- No emotional response.

He's trying to demonstrate ICAs "molestation trauma" and GAs super detective skills and knowledge of the aforementioned pool drowning. Flat affect is characteristic of several psych conditions (lol, I typed pyscho)

An aside...I have an attorney friend who is VERY high profile in Florida. (Nobody even remotely associated with this case.)

That said....he makes more money than God...yet wears his hair in a rather unkempt manner. He does so for a reason. He does not want to appear flashy but rather a bit eccentric.

My question....does CM wear his hair like that on purpose?

Big diff: your friend has style, CM, not so much.

It's 'affect' and I loved that the deputy replied to him "do you mean Affect", when CM said 'effect'.

LOL he was being condescending but he looked like a fool.

An aside...I have an attorney friend who is VERY high profile in Florida. (Nobody even remotely associated with this case.)

That said....he makes more money than God...yet wears his hair in a rather unkempt manner. He does so for a reason. He does not want to appear flashy but rather a bit eccentric.

My question....does CM wear his hair like that on purpose?
The comment about CM made me giggle and kind of spit up my brownie at the same time.

I have a notorious temper, and a tendency to freak out. My husband is just the opposite. I think MANY married couples share this dual dynamic. JMO

HLN was just showing part of Lee's testimony from this morning. I'm sure it has been mentioned before, but he certainly does not come across as being trustworthy. I don't think his testimony is going to help much.

Cage cage cage cage cage
cage cage cage cage cage
cage cage cage cage cage
cage cage cage cage cage

poor Caylee

laundry bag, garbage bag, garbage bag

A "Flat Affect" (CM was saying it wrong) is a very common symptom amongst people with severe depression and/or schizophrenia and other mental health problems. Not sure why CM would give the "wink, wink" on it to the witness? I would think he'd want to make that connection clear as day to the jury.

and to further that..... the tapes are/will prove Casey is only 'flat' when she chooses to be. She very clearly has emotions when she's worried about CASEY.

caseyAnthony Wonder if our satellite truck could double as an ark? Hmmm.....
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 11:39 AM

LOL it must really be coming down there.

In reference to GA being calm and that being the role when something like happens in which they need someone to be calm. If you notice the times be it protestors or media, one or the other is calming the other one down if there is in fact an "explosion". As others have said I can relate. There are times when my husband is playing calm when I am not, and there are times I am playing calm when he is not. Bring in the Shrink!

I only call it a shrink because I can't spell psycholigist .

The officers had guns. They had cars that were marked. There were four of them. They got Casey in their cage, where she could not get out.

Casey learned to live in a world of lies...Casey's world...why didn't Cindy or George do something about this? Because they taught Casey to lie. Flowers in the attic, she was...molested by her father and brother...

all she knew was how to lie and steal. Do you think that is normal behavior? I don't...see she was abused. It is proof. Why didn't LE do their jobs and not be in UNIFORM and not intimidate a abuse victim?

Why, oh why? We will never know, because they did not do their job. George said to Casey you will go away for the rest of your !!!!!! life. And Casey had been abused by George and so she had to sit in jail for three years because of the UNIFORMS she was afraid of because of the smell, stench in the car that the LE let air out. It is junk science and I need a side bar.

Casey is innocent because she is a liar. She lies...stay with me now...because she was abused and taught to lie. And, now we will listen to what Jose asks her parents who taught her to lie and see what they have to say to him...now Jose says they are not lying...

and Casey was lying but she is not now...oh, and neither are her lying parents...er ah...lying.

:)

Also common in people who don't give a s***.

I'm a calm in a crisis type person myself, to the point that others may think I'm unemotional. But let me tell you, when things settle down and I can let my emotions go, it ALL comes out. I'm thinking the jurors will not be swayed by the insinuation that GA demeanor means he already knew what had happened to Caylee. He was calm because his LE training taught him that and HE'S ACCOUSTOMED to household drama. He's probably learned to just wait for the dust to settle before he gets involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther