2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every odor is comprised of a number of chemicals. It's the concentration and combination of those fragrances/odors that is unique.

However the chemicals themselves are not unique in nature, so there may be overlap in the chemicals that make up different odors.

[Vass testimony]

Dr. V doing a great job on explaining odor signature.

eta:
a rose has a, b, c, d compounds
a decomposing body has q, r, s, t, u, v compounds...

some may mix in the same area but they have a unique signature

41 of t 51 compounds were related to human decomposition (w/some overlap).

Before lunch people were commenting on Casey's (lack of) emotion. IMO, Casey is completely checked out of this entire trial. She has a complete "whatever" attitude about it because she is not worried in the least about her verdict. I fully believe that she thinks "I am going to appeal a guilty verdict anyway so I don't care". If so, she may show a little more concern in an appeal. She is so used to not being held accountable for her actions, and she is so sure that she will get another chance as she always has. She really just does.not.care.

Doesn't seem like the last 3 years in jail have been a problem for ICA at all. So maybe you have hit the nail on the head here. Maybe she accepts a guilty verdict is likely. And as a Florida taxpayer ICA will double dip into the coffers of taxpayers for her appeal.

41 of 51 compounds found in the trunk were consistent with decomposition.

We looked at a variety of squirrel remnants!

Wham! Another door slams shut.

In my VERY un-scientifically educated (lol) opinion, it is clear that there was definitely a decomposing body in her trunk.

I am loving the attention paid to squirrel parts and remains in this case. ROFL!

I haven't been watching live until now, b/c I've either been at work or asleep in my West Coast bed :) I've been watching the wftv raw video, but it doesn't show all the courtroom angles I can see live.

It's also nice to be here at WS live!

I feel bad for JA, as he sounds like his throat is so scratchy and tickly and miserable! I want to have someone near him, like a boxing coach, to squirt throat spray and water down his throat every few minutes. Poor guy!

I've been excited about Dr. Vass since the Frye hearings. It's so nice to see him again. He's so obviously smart and it's neat to see history in the making! Yay Dr. Vass! :loveyou: :loveyou: :blowkiss:

Chilling when ICA stares into the camera!!!!

41 chemicals in human decomposition.

There is some overlap between the decomp chemicals and gasoline. They eliminated those overlapping chemicals - 24 left.

They also used pizza! squirrel! and 'car trunk' chemicals and eliminated any overlapping chemicals they shared with KC"s trunk.

16 compounds left.

7 compounds found in the trunk of the car are considered "significant" to human decomposition and do not overlap with the chemicals found in gasoline, or any of the other controls.

Dr. Vass: If you leave here today and walk down the street you will encounter many odors...each of those odors is comprised of dozens of chemicals. A rose may have 12 chemcials that make up that fragrance. Trash may have 20 chemicals that make up that odor. There could be cross odorization (Little Bitty made this word up) between the rose and the trash. in the car sample there were 51 individual compounds. 41 of those were related to decomp. Some of the others were related to gasoline (think gas cans peeps). So they elimated those compounds. And then they elimated other chemicals from their CONTROL sample. They looked at the trash, garage air, stuff that would have been in the car already. That left 16 compunds. of those 16, 7 of those are significant. of the huge number of compounds...on a list, they paired it down to 30 (when it comes to a human being)...gasoline in the trunk confused stuff. Just because gasoline overlapped with the decomp doesn't mean that the decomp compounds are not there.

Dr. Vass now talking about decision tree used to take 500 to 30 for article
In this case there were 16 out of the 30 in the car and out of those 16 - 7 were unique to decomposition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member