2011.06.09 Sidebar (Trial Day Fourteen):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all - will only be able to sneak in to read today. Thanks for all your insightful comments!

Justice for Caylee!

Nope, no money missing and my checkbook is in my purse. She was only in my dream. Ha ha! I love you guys!

Good Morning! Orlando Sentinel has this:

Honest, before the trial, I didn't think she did it," says Maria Hodges, who arrived before dawn to secure one of the general-public seats. "But being here changes my perspective. I could see the coldness in her face. Her eyes looked really dark. You don't see that on television."

About JB: If he appears flustered and incompetent on television, the perception is only magnified in the courtroom. The word "overruled,'' uttered time and again by the judge in response to his objections, carries a bigger sting in the quiet chamber.

Baez's co-counsel, Cheney Mason, was one of the most highly regarded defense attorneys in town. I keep waiting for him to rise and take over this case, but he simply sits quietly at the end of the table, deferring to a lesser lawyer.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-mike-thomas-casey-anthony-060911-20110608,0,615741.column

I've read similar things in the twitters coming from folks in the courtroom. That in person, her coldness is more apparent than it comes across on TV. I can see how that could be. You know when you get a 'vibe' from someone that you can't explain-- they could be doing nothing more than shopping in a grocery aisle and looking incredibly normal -- yet when you pass them a chill creeps over you and your gut sinks and your skin starts to crawl? Or is that just me??? You know how you can wake someone up simply by staring at them as they sleep (my daughter can be woken this way more easily than an alarm clock)? I'm a scientist and I believe there is a vibe, for lack of a better word, that we pick up on that is not something we have a good physical description for just yet - and people in the court feel a vibe from ICA that they keep trying to name. Yes it could be because she is accused of murder and anyone would be wise to be wary of such a person. But I think it's something more, something of a sense of her real self even beyond the murder. And when trying to describe it, they just describe eyes or demeanor because that's the physical part they can name with confidence. JMO.

did anyone see the exchange between ICA and JB when court ended yesterday? I was able to watch beginning of court and little bit after lunch. I keep waiting for ICA to have a melt down in court. I do not think the DT can control her and I think the anger is building. What do others think?

Yep, we discussed it on the afternoon sidebar thread. No conclusions (though a lip read of ICA saying she was right, and JB telling her she was right..) - just the sense that she was agitated or excited by something and JB passed her off to CM to handle. CM placated. ICA was asked to leave court by LE.

You know, I'd never heard of him before this case. From what I've seen when he does do something, he's lost whatever skills he might have had in the courtroom.

IMO, he doesn't speak clearly, he seems confused, and not familiar with this case. When I see him in action, I try to see this great attorney that everyone speaks of, and I don't see it.

ETA - About the eyes looking dark. Her eyes give me chills watching this on my PC, if it's worse to see them in person...Yikes! I doubt anyone would actually dismiss all this evidence and convict on they eye thing though.

No attorney can look good when they have such a nonsensical story to defend because they seem either horribly gullible or dishonest to try to sell obvious BS. But everybody's been really quiet except JB...

I did wonder if CM is hard of hearing and that's why it annoyed him that the witnesses weren't looking at him. If he's got such a brilliant career behind him you'd think he'd have gotten accustomed to having LE testify to the jury.

I know appearances matter but I wouldn't like people convicting ICA because her eyes look dark.

Why does the article say Cheney Mason WAS one of the most respected defense attorneys, not IS? Did something happen to him?

He WAS until he got involved in this circus. If someone who is sitting in the courtroom forms a first hand opinion about ICA, so be it. I've found that it is much easier to read people in person than on video or TV.

I think ICA is obviously spinning a tale to her lawyers and making up all sorts of bs about who did the searches who had the passwords etc. ICA was probably annoyed about the 84 times coming out in court and why can't Baez read a computer report. It was funny though, Baez just walked away as she was going on and on and on, Mason had to step in and give her attention.

I am so tired today...I am home dealing with Epstein Barr and watching this trial...I do not think that is what the doc had in mind...so far I have screamed at the tv 529390237-1273-120931-09 times, cussed with words I haven't used in 30 years, thrown my favorite pair of heels at the tv....(they landed in the vicinity...my dh would shoot me if I messed up his 64 inch tv, what is it with men and the huge tv??? Don't answer...really!) I cannot sleep well because the talking heads get me all agitated again everyday...I may need an afternoon break longer than HHJP takes. But then we all know I will be back asap. Sigh...thanks ICA you...***** and babykiller. That long ride to your new home is coming soon and your new "housemates" are anxioously awaiting your arrival.

Mornin' everyone!

I actually dreamed about Casey last night. I was sharing a house with her, and listening in on her conversation in the next room at one point. And I guess in my dream I was forgetting who she was because several times I thought she wasn't that bad and was friendly to her!!!! I woke up and was like what the heck was that dream about?

Does dreaming about her mean I'm too obsessed? LOL.

IMO, she can't have been too bad in casual contact since she appears to have been able to make friends easily. If she'd freaked everybody out with her cold demeanor at first sight she'd have been more of a loner and not this crazy party animal who always had someone to live off.

Cracks would appear though and keeping the friends she made is another story.

I am so tired today...I am home dealing with Epstein Barr and watching this trial...I do not think that is what the doc had in mind...so far I have screamed at the tv 529390237-1273-120931-09 times, cussed with words I haven't used in 30 years, thrown my favorite pair of heels at the tv....(they landed in the vicinity...my dh would shoot me if I messed up his 64 inch tv, what is it with men and the huge tv??? Don't answer...really!) I cannot sleep well because the talking heads get me all agitated again everyday...I may need an afternoon brak longer than HHJP takes. But then we all know I will be back asap. Sigh...thanks ICA you...***** and babykiller. That long ride to your new home is coming soon and your new "housemates" are anxioously awaiting your arrival.

Ur throwin' ur shoes?????????????????? OMG Intervention STAT!!!!!

I am so tired today...I am home dealing with Epstein Barr and watching this trial...I do not think that is what the doc had in mind...so far I have screamed at the tv 529390237-1273-120931-09 times, cussed with words I haven't used in 30 years, thrown my favorite pair of heels at the tv....(they landed in the vicinity...my dh would shoot me if I messed up his 64 inch tv, what is it with men and the huge tv??? Don't answer...really!) I cannot sleep well because the talking heads get me all agitated again everyday...I may need an afternoon brak longer than HHJP takes. But then we all know I will be back asap. Sigh...thanks ICA you...***** and babykiller. That long ride to your new home is coming soon and your new "housemates" are anxioously awaiting your arrival.

Oh no Stilettos - Epstein Barr! Had that about ten years ago - my sympathy! Never did get over that black sleep that creeps up on you that isn't restful - but we all share the agitation I think or else why was I up at 4:20 this morning my time? Take good care of yourself! :blowkiss:

Er, don't think this trial is helping avoiding high stress? :waitasec: :great:

Mornin' everyone!

I actually dreamed about Casey last night. I was sharing a house with her, and listening in on her conversation in the next room at one point. And I guess in my dream I was forgetting who she was because several times I thought she wasn't that bad and was friendly to her!!!! I woke up and was like what the heck was that dream about?

Does dreaming about her mean I'm too obsessed? LOL.

Don't feel bad, I dreamed about Nancy Grace one night last week. We were chatting together like old pals.

IMO, she can't have been too bad in casual contact since she appears to have been able to make friends easily. If she'd freaked everybody out with her cold demeanor at first sight she'd have been more of a loner and not this crazy party animal who always had someone to live off.

Cracks would appear though and keeping the friends she made is another story.

Pretty interesting though the way she kept her friends partitioned though. I think we all have groups of friends who don't know each other, but in my life, they do cross and get together at gatherings, parties, that sort of thing. Just don't mix on a day to day basis.

I know there is plenty of time left,in fact it is irritating when the media TH act like it is over (the trial) at the end of each day. Such as saying "well, they haven't proven that ICA gave her the chloroform" I understand they can't prove the entire case in one day. That said why oh why doesn't the SA distill this long boring computer forensic evidence periodically? I mean is it that hard to ask/imply that the issue is WHEN she deleted the files? Why out of 4.5 YEARS of history only a few minutes where destroyed and recovered?
Why it is of note that were able to recover the deleted files because the computer wasn't really used after the files were deleted and therefore weren't over written. Just a synopsis in plain English every 15 minutes? JB can't help the SA with this one as he typically does..

Don't feel bad, I dreamed about Nancy Grace one night last week. We were chatting together like old pals.

:great: Me too, that Nancy Grace gets around! Was it you who was in her kitchen? Ya never did tell us what it was like....

Was interesting listening to those tech's yesterday about history browsing though. I regularly clear my history and cache, so was curious and went into my applications folder of firefox while they were talking and clicked on history and lo and behold, there was four years of history that had stayed there even through the loading of new software, etc.

All very interesting to see what the heck I'd been looking at over four years. Needless to say after browsing, I was able to do a delete all. Was just really surprised to see it was there because according to my history drop down tab, there was nothing there.

Pretty interesting though the way she kept her friends partitioned though. I think we all have groups of friends who don't know each other, but in my life, they do cross and get together at gatherings, parties, that sort of thing. Just don't mix on a day to day basis.

It's useful if you want to steal from your friends. If they're all mutual facebook friends everybody will hear that Peter stole from Paul and they'll glue their credit cards to the table when Peter comes visiting but if nobody else knows Paul they won't hear that Peter is a thief until he's gone on his merry way and stolen from Mary and Simon as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname